Fish oil acne problems?

Btwestyo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I bought some salmon oil which where 1 capsule is obviously 1g of omega 3. I only take 1 pill a day as instructed and I am seeing acne breakouts... In fact thats the only result I am seeing when I take the capsule. Does anyone else get acne breakouts and is this even worth it?

I'm breaking out sinze using fishoil and so did one of my friends. I'm training hard for a tournament so I don't mind.

I noticed the same thing when I started using cheap Natures Best (Wal-Mart) Fish Oil.

Previously I was using GNC without problem. It was tough to resist the Wal-Mart seing how it was 1000 pills for $7. But I guess you get what you pay for.

Im trying to read up on all the different supplements posted and ran into this article: http://www.articlecat.com/Article/Can-Your-Diet-Clear-Up-Acne-Breakouts-/5105

I wouldnt say its science fact but it has good information and logical. Check out this blurb:

...Saturated fats are the bad guys of the food world. Doctors have been warning of the health consequences of consuming trans fats and saturated fats. The negative consequences of saturated fats on the body are a weakening the immune system, promoting inflammation, and for those prone to acne breakouts, raising the skin's oil production level. Keep your body healthy and filled with good health-promoting nutrients for the best complexion possible

...But all oils are not bad. There are also good oils which are actually conducive to healthy skin. In fact, certain oils are absolutely essential. These essential fatty acids reduce inflammation and help promote healthy skin, What oils should you add to your regular diet? Fish Oil, olive oil, and flax oil are all good oils that should become a part of your diet. Fish oil and flax oil in particular are recommended for maintaining a glowing complexion.

What about vitamins and minerals? You should maintain a steady intake of vitamins and minerals to promote a healthy skin-enriching diet. Vitamin A is paramount for promoting healthy skin. Vitamin A is found in abundance in avocados and carrots. Vitamin B-6, Vitamin C, and Zinc are other important nutrients for promoting a good complexion.

---

Anyhow dont take it as fact, it just makes a solid logical approach.

I get breakouts from fish oil as well. The pros outweigh the cons though in my book.

What works for me is taking it intermittently. Once every 2 or 3 days.

i didnt get that side effect, but my hair feels greasy, my ex says the same

I take the GNC fish oil everyday, and I have seen a reduction of acne and my skin and hair feel really soft and healthy. The only negative side effect I have experienced is an occasional fish flavored burp. But I find taking them with meals solves that problem.

I take the GNC fish oil everyday, and I have seen a reduction of acne and my skin and hair feel really soft and healthy. The only negative side effect I have experienced is an occasional fish flavored burp. But I find taking them with meals solves that problem.

Throw them in the freezer or buy enteric coated fish oil to prevent fish burps as well.

I bought the salmon oil from Trader joes. any experts out here?

Have you had cold rain down there? Could be rain scald. Otherwise a close examination for pig lice might be a good place to start. May also be something irritant that she's rolled in (like wandering dew) and if she has a sensitive skin, that could affect her.
Read more https://skinwants.com/almond-oil-lightening-skin/

I bought some salmon oil which where 1 capsule is obviously 1g of omega 3. I only take 1 pill a day as instructed and I am seeing acne breakouts... In fact thats the only result I am seeing when I take the capsule. Does anyone else get acne breakouts and is this even worth it?

For some, fish oil can be useful regarding acne. Others might have problems.

Causes:
- there might be a poor balance between omega 3 and omega 6;
- the fish oil might be rancid.

Try other brand or other type of oil rich in omega. If the acne does not dissapear, don't take it anymore.

You are not alone i break out from b complex and fish oils, but i stopped taking the fish oil, i just eat baked salmon 3 to 4 times a week.

The worst is when id take a higher dose of fish oil while working out, i checked my face in the mirror and i was bout to go out, and my forehead was so shiny and greasy with oil.

I later started breaking out bad with a shiny face.

Back