First Week of Training

Couch Ninja

The Duster King
@Black
Reaction score
Last Monday I started training MMA. We were working on stand up, and they had me sparring an 11-year-old. I was trying to take it easy of him, ya know, because he's freaking 11, and that's when the little bastard hauled off and popped me. I didn't let him know I tasted blood and played it cool, but tomorrow is Day 2 of stand up training, and I think I'm gonna murk him. I mean, I know they had his mom sign the papers saying they couldn't sue the gym, but that doesn't necessarily mean she can't sue me. Should I just let it go? Or should I "accidentally" sidekick the little fucker's head off? What to you guys think?

Man up and let it go. How bad could it have been from an 11 year old.

It was your own responsibility and no ones fault for letting someone get a clean shot on you, learn from it and improve your technique or else you might as well quit because you're there for the wrong reason and will not get better with that mindset.

If you can't control your composure when you eat a good one, you're going to suck at fighting your whole life. Quit now or decide to use it to get better by losing your ego.

Everyone gets popped good from time to time, that's just the nature of it. If the 11 year old was wailing on you without mercy and put you in the hospital, I can start to understand but that isn't what sounds like happened.

Man up and let it go. How bad could it have been from an 11 year old.

It was your own responsibility and no ones fault for letting someone get a clean shot on you, learn from it and improve your technique or else you might as well quit because you're there for the wrong reason and will not get better with that mindset.

If you can't control your composure when you eat a good one, you're going to suck at fighting your whole life. Quit now or decide to use it to get better by losing your ego.

Everyone gets popped good from time to time, that's just the nature of it. If the 11 year old was wailing on you without mercy and put you in the hospital, I can start to understand but that isn't what sounds like happened.
Right on. Ok, I appreciate the Dadly advice. I should probably say the events I described were real and happened, but I wasn't ACTUALLY gonna murk the kid! That's criminal assault, regardless of context. It was just a funny thought I had and I thought Sherdog might have something funny to add. But thanks, Pops, worldly stuff there...

Right on. Ok, I appreciate the Dadly advice. I should probably say the events I described were real and happened, but I wasn't ACTUALLY gonna murk the kid! That's criminal assault, regardless of context. It was just a funny thought I had and I thought Sherdog might have something funny to add. But thanks, Pops, worldly stuff there...

It sounded like you were actually going to try to injure the kid (this is the internet).

Needed more quantity of subtle comedic clues, try to add those next time.

My advice is concurrent with fighting gym culture in general. The guys who run those are usually dads. I hope you don't have to get yelled at IRL by a dad who isn't your own-- it feels horrible, I was just trying to prevent that.

It sounded like you were actually going to try to injure the kid (this is the internet).

Needed more quantity of subtle comedic clues, try to add those next time.

My advice is concurrent with fighting gym culture in general. The guys who run those are usually dads. I hope you don't have to get yelled at IRL by a dad who isn't your own-- it feels horrible, I was just trying to prevent that.
Again, much appreciated Professor...
And maybe my comedic clues are so fucking subtle, you didn't even notice them :)

Back