First fight in well over a year- video

Kiwi Tricker

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Had someone in the training logs ask for the video of my most recent bout, so thought I'd share it here. This was just under 4 weeks ago, matched at 67kg in a 4-man qualifier tournament. Winner take all, including a spot on the next Rebellion 8-Man tournament in August.

This was my first outing in well over a year, and overall I was happy with how I did. There are of course things to work on, but it was good to shake the ring rust at long last and love what I do again. Without fighting I'd been missing that drive and desire for a little while.

I didn't know who my opponent would be until the night- here I rematched the guy I had my first amateur fight against a few years ago, who also trains out of the same gym I've been with before as well. We've trained together a fair amount, and are friends outside the ring, but that's the nature of the sport in such a small country I guess. We're now at 1 win each, so there might be a trilogy in the works at some point.

Enjoy

Damn...you've been gone a long time from here. Will watch the fight in a bit.

What happened to your original account?

Damn...you've been gone a long time from here. Will watch the fight in a bit.

What happened to your original account?

I dunno. It stopped working one day, so I made a new one. I mainly just hang out in the training logs/S&C forums now. I have had this one a while now though.

Wait, what happened at the end? Did your corner throw in the towel for a cut or the knockdown?? That was weird.

Did they see that you were tired and hurt to the body and that you would only take more punishment if the fight went on??

Last edited:
Wait, what happened at the end? Did your corner throw in the towel for a cut or the knockdown?? That was weird.

Did they see that you were tired and hurt to the body and that you would only take more punishment if the fight went on??

No, it was just 3 x 3s. It was just something with the timing. Trust me, there's no way my corner would be throwing in the towel haha.

Back