Finally Saw Gente Boa vs Perry.

He needs to get to a real camp. Otherwise, he's going nowhere from here.

Gunni is elite?

Sorry but this is a bunch of limited Top 10-15 guys beating each other up.

Ponzi's not going to sniff that belt either.

Everybody getting worked up over guys fighting for the title of WW gatekeeper.

More elite than Perry for sure, with way better wins yes.

I don't think any of them are champ material tho.

I'm just glad to look at page 1 of the threads and not see a single "Platinum Perry blah, blah, blah" thread from his stupid ass fanboys. It's a beautiful thing!

He busted Ponzinibbio for a round tho, and even kept catching him in the later rounds.

Now, I love Mike and all, and also have been thinking of Ponz as a real title contender, but this fight made me change my mind about Ponizinibbio's skills at this moment. He fought a guy that was mostly a one and done striker, who rarely set his strikes up and even threw some that were telegraphed, and who he also held a speed advantage over, yet he kept getting caught and hurt by right hands.

Had he been in there with a more polished guy, he would have probably gotten finished. That being said, it could have been due to Mike's pressure. Hard to think that Jouban did way better than Santiago against Mike.

I do think Mike has been steadily improving since his debut, but he clearly has a ways to go before he becomes a true threat to the top 10.

Perry is heavy handed (1.5 rnds) and he has a chin, it's not like it's in ponz's best interest to stand in the pocket with him for a length of time. Plus Perry was pressuring and cage cutting, eventually some of his strikes will land even though it did mainly superficial damage

Really?

I thought Perry would have done worse than losing 29-28. He got schooled by Jouban and Ponzi had just done this to someone way more elite than him

tumblr_ot7ebh4DxC1rofocqo3_500.gif

Perry has a much better chin compared to gunni. And Jouban was more content to stick and move and fight at range

The Perry fan girls will be in here shortly defending him with excuses and saying he was winning until a eye poke.Lmfao

The eye poke just happened to coincide with him starting to gas. He was doing ok, but it was probably closer to even at that point. Eye poke or not, Ponzi was going to be too much for him eventually.
I will say that Ponzi is starting to get a reputation, based on the Taleb and Gunnar fights. I'm not sure if he actually even poked Perry though. It might've just been a punch-knuckle. It most assuredly wasn't a bad one if it was a poke or Perry would have tried a little harder for recovery time.

Haterz gonna hate I guess

You should stick to your fantasy football

Damn and those always legit!

Makes sense though. A win over #11 ranked Gunnar does mean a whole lot.

You'e the one who said he wasn't ranked. And by what other metric do we go by? Your own private rankings?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back