PlayStation Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

They must have had their JV team work on 16. Rebirth is leagues ahead of that game.
16 is a great game though. Don’t see why we can’t enjoy both. There are things Rebirth does better and things 16 did better . Like I’m loving how there are more rpg mechanics but I ain’t gonna lie I do prefer the mature rating and the voice acting of 16. Not into all the anime grunts every second

is this game worth buying a ps5 for ?

is this game worth buying a ps5 for ?
PS5 is worth having even if this game didn’t exist but yes if you’re a big FF it is, especially since 16 is out and the third game in the remake trilogy will also release on it. I’m not even close to finishing this but I’m enjoying myself a lot.

PS5 is worth having even if this game didn’t exist but yes if you’re a big FF it is, especially since 16 is out and the third game in the remake trilogy will also release on it. I’m not even close to finishing this but I’m enjoying myself a lot.

Big fan yes, but not an avid gamer, this game and the upcoming metal gear remake are just about the only games I can think of that I would need a ps5 for that I would actually spend money on. Ive been content with the free games on PSplus for a couple years now.

Big fan yes, but not an avid gamer, this game and the upcoming metal gear remake are just about the only games I can think of that I would need a ps5 for that I would actually spend money on. Ive been content with the free games on PSplus for a couple years now.
Then IMO yes. You can keep getting your PSplus games and can also start taking advantage of the PS5 offering's which have been pretty decent lately.

They did better than I could have hoped with this. At Corel prison. They’ve absolutely killed it so far.
Corel Prison makes a lot more sense now too imo

Convince me. I'd like a reason to get one, seriously. I started playing the DS remake and I really didn't like it--- they ruined the atmosphere.

So I'm looking at God Of War Ragnarok, Final Fantasy XVI and FF VII Rebirth. We know that the last two are coming to PC. Assuming Ragnarok comes to PC as well, and since I'm happy to wait, can you tell me what your favorite games are on it?

Not console bashing, just curious.

Convince me. I'd like a reason to get one, seriously. I started playing the DS remake and I really didn't like it--- they ruined the atmosphere.

So I'm looking at God Of War Ragnarok, Final Fantasy XVI and FF VII Rebirth. We know that the last two are coming to PC. Assuming Ragnarok comes to PC as well, and since I'm happy to wait, can you tell me what your favorite games are on it?

My favorite game is already on PC which is Returnal. If you’re patient maybe there isn’t much of a reason to get one to be honest. However as a big FF fan you run the risk of getting spoiled because each one will take a year or two to get ported over. I definitely wouldn’t want to be in that situation when the third part comes out. Rise of the ronin and stellar blade are both console exclusives also and they both releases very soon. No telling if they will port those. I personally go with console because I hate waiting and getting spoiled. Also hate gaming on computers since I work on one all day

If you have a PC there isn't much reason to not get one anymore.

Cleared the Junon area this morning. 2 tasks absolutely had me banging my head against the wall with killing the birds without them using Soothing Breeze and the last Fort Condor fight. I would get so close with Fort Condor, but run out of time. I finally threw in the towel and turned the shit down to easy and cleared the tasks. No time these days to drain hours into something like that and feel now shame toning it down.

Cleared the Junon area this morning. 2 tasks absolutely had me banging my head against the wall with killing the birds without them using Soothing Breeze and the last Fort Condor fight. I would get so close with Fort Condor, but run out of time. I finally threw in the towel and turned the shit down to easy and cleared the tasks. No time these days to drain hours into something like that and feel now shame toning it down.

Haha I know the pain of going on easy. In Dragon Quest 11 they added a harder monster mode. You got no real rewards for using this mode but I was determined. I later found out this mode was never really tested in game and was just kind of thrown in after the fact.

Finally got stuck at a boss that I literally grinded like 20 levels for and still couldn't beat. Went and found the strongest weapons in the game (for my level) and still lost. Finally said screw it, turned it down, and beat her. Did the whole next area very easily after that cause I was so over leveled.

Went to bed and woke up the next day pissed that I did that. Went back to my save right before fighting her on easier mode and grinded another like 10 levels. Finally beat her and moved on.

My favorite game is already on PC which is Returnal. If you’re patient maybe there isn’t much of a reason to get one to be honest. However as a big FF fan you run the risk of getting spoiled because each one will take a year or two to get ported over. I definitely wouldn’t want to be in that situation when the third part comes out. Rise of the ronin and stellar blade are both console exclusives also and they both releases very soon. No telling if they will port those. I personally go with console because I hate waiting and getting spoiled. Also hate gaming on computers since I work on one all day
I can hardly blame you in that case. I will say--- doing the Big Picture mode in Steam is a ton of fun because it feels like a console.

Thank you for the feedback. I think I will wait. I haven't gotten a Series X yet either. I was going to wait for the PS5 Pro but DF just broke the case and revealed that they bottlenecked themselves with the CPU/GPU. This could possibly be the only generation I skip. Not because I don't think there are good games for either consoles, but simply because Sony is now starting to port their stuff.

The big game for me is FF XVI. I love VII but I played it. I'm sure the remakes are good and I will get to them, but I'm more interested in moving forward.

What’s the point of getting all the combat tasks done like that? I’m happy if I get two out of three. You get better rewards?

What’s the point of getting all the combat tasks done like that? I’m happy if I get two out of three. You get better rewards?

They count towards points for the area that can be used for crafting materia from Chadry and also give exp towards your Party Level. I'm sure there is a trophy attached, but don't care much for that.

They count towards points for the area that can be used for crafting materia from Chadry and also give exp towards your Party Level. I'm sure there is a trophy attached, but don't care much for that.

The plat for this game is insane anyways. No way I get it.

I can hardly blame you in that case. I will say--- doing the Big Picture mode in Steam is a ton of fun because it feels like a console.

Thank you for the feedback. I think I will wait. I haven't gotten a Series X yet either. I was going to wait for the PS5 Pro but DF just broke the case and revealed that they bottlenecked themselves with the CPU/GPU. This could possibly be the only generation I skip. Not because I don't think there are good games for either consoles, but simply because Sony is now starting to port their stuff.

The big game for me is FF XVI. I love VII but I played it. I'm sure the remakes are good and I will get to them, but I'm more interested in moving forward.
Yea I liked big picture mode. Very close to feeling like a real console. If they had discord integration that would go a long way towards improving it. Getting in and out of parties while playing a game on console is just so easy and quick.

Also understand that ff7 remake is more of a sequel than it is a remake of 7.

Anyone in the mood to hear a 73-minute character analysis/breakdown of Sephiroth?

Currently trying to clear the Corel region before going south and continuing the story

Just finished all the Junon sidequests, card game duels, and intel. Stopped right after the dolphin got me upper Junon. Excited to do some story stuff soon

Wow just ran into a boss fight that was kind of BS honestly. Even people online turned the difficulty down just to beat it. I could have done it I'm sure if I wanted to spend hours trying to get it done or leave and go level up some more but I just don't want to do that for one fight. I turned it down to easy and beat it. I'm almost at the end of the game now. I'm sure I'll beat it Friday night.

The final Queens Blood player is also hard as hell. I feel like there's a trick I'm missing.

16 is a great game though. Don’t see why we can’t enjoy both. There are things Rebirth does better and things 16 did better . Like I’m loving how there are more rpg mechanics but I ain’t gonna lie I do prefer the mature rating and the voice acting of 16. Not into all the anime grunts every second

I thought 16 boss fights were amazing.

Back