Fighters you admire but root against?

PancraseForever

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Are there any fighters who you admire as people, but still root against?

For me I admire Conor McGregor as a person, I even think he's a good person based on his behavior and how he acts outside of pressers sometimes (e.g. when he discussed that kid with cancer, and so on), but I'm often against him wanting him to lose.

Same with Mayweather. It's weird to admire Mayweather as a person I know, but I like his lifestyle and swag factor. But I always want him to lose.

Are there any fighters who you admire as people, but still root against?

For me I admire Conor McGregor as a person, I even think he's a good person based on his behavior and how he acts outside of pressers sometimes (e.g. when he discussed that kid with cancer, and so on), but I'm often against him wanting him to lose.

Same with Mayweather. It's weird to admire Mayweather as a person I know, but I like his lifestyle and swag factor. But I always want him to lose.
Mayweather for awhile but I feel like he was playing heel and isn't quite the villain he was portraying himself as also he has grown up some. I know this has no right for an MMA forum but Lebron James is the epitome of the idea you are saying I am a Kobe fan but I respect Lebron so much as a player but really don't like some of the things his has done off the court.

Jon Jones, he came in and beat the shit out of all my heroes and it took me a while to admit that he was the best lol.

Jon Jones, he came in and beat the shit out of all my heroes and it took me a while to admit that he was the best lol.
Yeah Jon Jones especially if he beats Cormier his disrespect for Gustafsson really put him over.

It for sure felt weird rooting against Lawler when he fought Rory and Condit.

I don't cheer against fighters I admire, or respect. I may not pick them to win. But, I surely don't cheer against them...Why would I ?

I respect Penn's accomplishments in the octagon. But, that is it. I don't even want to see him fight, tbh. But, if he is fighting. I want to see him get smoked.

It for sure felt weird rooting against Lawler when he fought Rory and Condit.
I feel you I was rooting for Lawler against Rory but rooting for Condit against Lawler but all three of those guys are fighters I respect.

I admire Erick Silva but I always root against him.

pretty much any champ that puts on a boring fight to defend a belt. then I'm like, fuck this, let's see someone take it away then.

Back