Fighters who have dropped off since USADA showed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDA's wins vs Cerrone and Pettis were post USADA were they not?

Here are a list of fighters whose performances have dropped in quality significantly since USADA. I'm not insinuating all these guys were dirty because in some cases it could just be a matter of fighting better opposition. None the less here are the fighters I've noticed have noticably gotten worse under the USADA regime.

Hector Lombard: Went from pure beast to glass Jaw lamb. Got finished by Neil Magny, something that would not have happened to his Pre-USADA self.

Vitor: Obviously! Went from TRT Vitor to VCR Vitor (old and outdated).

Bigfoot: Went from a good mid-tier heavyweight to maybe the worst Heavyweight on the roster once USADA showed up.

Jon Jones: We only have a one fight sample but it is a powerful indicator. OSP is terrible and Jon had quite possibly his worst fight ever against him. Lets see what the future holds.

Anthony Pettis: Went from pound 4 pound elite to washed up during the USADA era.

RDA: Looked like an unbeatable ferocious animal at 155. His last two however have shown him to be significantly less imposing. Just looks like a different fighter. He smashed Ceronne post USADA.

Chris Weidman: He just doesn't look as strong and explosive in the USADA era. Went from dominant legend killer who never lost a round to getting finished in his last two. But he's still my boy!

Gilbert Melendez: Looks like a burrito with arms and legs since USADA came to town.

Matt Brown: Was kicking a lot of ass but now he gets his ass kicked a lot. Was even KOed by the most washed up fighter on the roster in Ellenberger. After winning 7 straight he is now I think 1-4 in his last five. #USADAera

Johny Hendricks: Went from beating Condit, GSP, and Lawler to slugging it out and losing to fellow fat ass Kelvin Gastelum.

Fell free to add names
Lombard: Exactly. I blame USADA for that loss. The time off and their interference in his supplements impacted his cardio. I think he also probably had an adrenaline dump or something. Again, I blame USADA for that, because I have heard some people say that they are more likely to happen after large layoffs.

Vitor:Look at his blitz post-USADA, and imagine Weidman trying to survive a TRT Vitor blitz. I would like to see him fight Bisping for the title.

Bigfoot: Might be a case for PED's/TRT helping your chin, or the damage added up, like with Chuck. Looking at his losses they are brutal. 9 KO's, 2 decisions.

Jones: He broke OSP's arm but couldn't finish him. I remember when the social media of him weightlifting was all over sherdog and everyone thought he was going to destroy people. Unfortunately pumping iron didn't compensate for USADA as much as fans had hoped. Jones needs killer instinct.

Pettis: His fall from grace has a large amount of factors. The RDA fight might have permanently left a mark on his confidence, the Alvarez fight was 50-50. I haven't seen it, but I heard that he just plain got outclassed by Barboza. Holloway was a bad weight cut plus broken hand. I think he doesn't have the mindset needed for his current style to work.

RDA: Doing pretty good until he got rocked against Eddie, was too tentative against Ferguson in my opinon. Remember that RDA apparently left Kings and started his own camp, which looks like it was the wrong decision. I think he could still beat Conor.

Giblert: No comment on him, but nice joke.

Brown: Maybe he is just getting outclassed? His chin seems to be deteriorating as well. I thought he should have waited longer after the Ellenburger loss to recover, and I'm suprised that it was in July. One thing about him though, is that he one of the best clinch fighters i have ever seen.

Johny: He has lost his confidence and always seemed to have a foot out the door after he lost the belt. He has weight issues as well. He has good skills, but can't chain them like he did in the GSP fight, and doesn't have the confidence to unload even though he has an excellent chin.

Tim Kennedy was one. And we saw last night how good he looks post USADA.

It's always the ones who constantly throw accusations around that are the most guilty.
90% of the time fighters talking shit about PED's and accusing others of Juicing piss me off. Like they have never taken any supplements. It's fine to talk shit about fighters who get busted though, even if they are my favourites (Romero).

Or maybe, just maybe, their opponents were just better than them.

Arlovski is dropping off pretty bad right now, but I think that's because he's been getting knocked out consistently since the stone age.

Oh I should have put it into context. I thought it was ok to just make shit up. I'll clarify.

Ronda demolished Bethe post USADA.

7736794.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back