Fighters' real heights

images

The vast majority of UFC is "manlets". I think tall people just aren't good for grappling, with some exceptions like Jones.

It's different in boxing where fighters are taller relative to their weight compared to MMA fighters.

DC might be 5'10 but he's built like a planet.

dxcN91I.jpg

They copied WWE and have "billed" heights for their fighters which is stupid
It wasn't his billed height it was actual height. He legit used to cut height all the way from 7ft to 6.5ft then eventually 6.2ft.

It wasn't his billed height it was actual height. He legit used to cut height all the way from 7ft to 6.5ft then eventually 6.2ft.

It's ok the newbies dont know about height cutting, the technique is hard and only a few fighters have successfully cut height.

It's ok the newbies dont know about height cutting, the technique is hard and only a few fighters have successfully cut height.
I feel you bro, last time I couldnt cut much height for a BJJ tournament and Ive got wrestlefucked by the smaller guys honestly.

Amazingly Randy was listed as 6-2" on the tale of the tape for this fight.

Cw5Rb.jpg

Romero is 6' on the UFC stats but 5'8 on his Olympic stats

rumble is 6'1, mir between 6'1 and 6'2 overeem 6'3 travis browne 6'5 derrick lewis 6'3 mittrione same height carwin I think was 6'1 1/2

The UFC measuring Conor McGregor as 5'11 (71 inches).

(timestamped)

<DisgustingHHH>

Conor is not 5'11 and I know that from his staredowns with 5'7 Floyd Mayweather, got this below from the comment section and its true.

if you look carefully at about 1:15/ 1:16 you can see that the guy clearly leaves a lot of excess tape at the bottom of the floor and so when he aligns Conor's head with the tape he randomly pulls it up a couple inches and picks a number,

Romero is 6' on the UFC stats but 5'8 on his Olympic stats

Olympic stats are done properly and don't lie for some sort of promotional gain, the UFC does.

Do these two look the same height? there's 2" difference, funnily enough and more accurately, against Taveres, Whittaker was listed as 5'10.5 in the UFC so that to me shows below 5'8 Yoel and 5'10.5 Whittaker.

3_ufc_170707_213_weighin_comain_1280x720_986387011776.vresize.1200.630.high.23.jpg

whittaker-tavares-free-fight.jpg

Some folks grew late. I had a black friend in kickboxing that was my height when I met him and he fucking grew 4 inches. This was when we were 19

It's very obvious that the UFC exaggerates these guys heights, but you don't realize how much until you actually meet one. I met Khabib a while back at a promo meet and greet for UFC 220. He's a solid 5'9- 5'9 1/2. with sneakers on. Which means:

View attachment 343961

GSP is actually about 5'9
View attachment 343921

Michael Johnson looks to be about 5'7
View attachment 343959

Mcgregor is about 5'8View attachment 343925

Most impressive though, is that Cormier's is no more than 5'9 1/2 - 5'10, and he's been dominating both LHWs, and HWs his entire career.
View attachment 343931

These dudes seem like giants on TV, but in reality, just average looking people, with above average heart, drive and determination.

Well that's what happens when you hand fighters and their coaches paperwork to fill out Instead of paying someone to actually take their heights

Only guys I've seen in person were DC and Thiago Alves. DC is pretty tiny but looks dense af. Alves is really short, probably 5'7, but is a bag of muscle. You can tell by their weight that there's no way they're as tall as listed. If they were that height and equally jacked, they'd be like 20 lbs heavier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back