Fighters come together to put it all on the line for a chance to be on 'TUF 26' (TUF 26 Tryouts)

She clearly lacks experience, but check out Savannah Em's first fight:

MarvelousWhiteKoodoo.gif
Sweet kick.

Ana Julaton getting that Jessica Rakoczy spot?

IMO, Roxy shouldn't have entered the tournament. As the consensus number 1 contender, she should have waited till the smoke clears, a champ is crowned, then take the next fight or just 1 #1 contender fight. Kind of like what Claudia and Joanna did. Now she would have to risk being defeated in a 6 week multiple fight tournament. High risk low reward in my opinion. Plus she just fought and there was a good excuse there.

But hey, She's a bad ass.

Ana Julaton getting that Jessica Rakoczy spot?

IMO, Roxy shouldn't have entered the tournament. As the consensus number 1 contender, she should have waited till the smoke clears, a champ is crowned, then take the next fight or just 1 #1 contender fight. Kind of like what Claudia and Joanna did. Now she would have to risk being defeated in a 6 week multiple fight tournament. High risk low reward in my opinion. Plus she just fought and there was a good excuse there.

But hey, She's a bad ass.

It's a direct route to the championship belt, without having to fight the best to get there. That's not something to bypass.

It's a direct route to the championship belt, without having to fight the best to get there. That's not something to bypass.
Weird things happen in tournaments as we have seen many times. Injuries, 2 rounds, you don't have your own team. It's not that easy. She already has a much shorter path imo.

Weird things happen in tournaments as we have seen many times. Injuries, 2 rounds, you don't have your own team. It's not that easy. She already has a much shorter path imo.

Outside of TUF she might have to defeat Joanna Jedrzejczyk to get the flyweight title.

She might also have to face bantamweights cutting down in weight who were too large to make the repeated cuts over a short period of time that TUF requires.

Outside of TUF she might have to defeat Joanna Jedrzejczyk to get the flyweight title.

She might also have to face bantamweights cutting down in weight who were too large to make the repeated cuts over a short period of time that TUF requires.
Good point there too. Really rooting for her this season. Such a weirdly charismatic person.

For Roxy I agree. she is the rare person who loved being on TUF. The ability to train full time without having to worry about bills etc was amazing to her. It also made her leave Japan to come to America for better training. This is like the perfect opportunity for her in my opinion.

From the girls who tried out I'd think they'd have difficulty finding half a dozen suitable to go in the house. The old, those with losing records, those on losing streaks, those with little experience ..... a lot of optimism even to turn up.

They are going to have to cajole a lot of Invicta and UFC girls if they're going to have a tournament worthy of a belt.

The old, those with losing records, those on losing streaks, those with little experience ..... a lot of optimism even to turn up.

I think there are good reasons to turn up to the tryouts even if one has no expectations of qualifying to get into the TUF house. There are connections to be made that may eventually lead to getting signed to the UFC more easily, later on down the line, than if those connections hadn't been made.

So is this going to be like tuf20: 8 from the tryouts plus 8 invited and then rated 1 to 16?

If so I can see the 8 invitees mainly coming from the bantam roster: Chookagian, Pudilova ( pretty sure she didn't try out) maybe even Pena.

Pena expressed a desire to compete on the show, and said she asked Dana about it...

Julianna Pena wants to be on TUF 26: ‘I think I would steamroll all the girls at 125 pounds’

UFC women’s bantamweight contender Julianna Pena is interested in dropping to the newly created flyweight division.
by Mookie Alexander@mookiealexander May 21, 2017

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/2...teamroll-all-the-girls-at-125-pounds-ufc-news

“I was asking Dana [White] if I could get back in the house and have a crack at that belt finally,” Pena said. “I fought at [125 pounds] a couple of times in my career so it’s not hard for me to make the weight. I walk naturally around 135 [pounds], a couple pounds heavier, so making 125 is not a problem for me.

“I think I would steamroll all the girls at 125 pounds but then again I’ve kind of got that big head thing going on.”

“I would love the opportunity to go back into “The Ultimate Fighter” house,” Pena said. “There’s never a moment where you get to eat the best food in the world, you can live in a mansion and not pay rent, you don’t have any of your bills, no drama from the outside and you really get to focus on yourself as a fighter for the first time without any outside focuses or any outside stimulation from the other people you have to deal with. It’s all about you, two times a day, eating the best food and getting the best training that you can possible get. So it was a great experience for me.”

i still hate zoila frausto for her back to back robberies to win that obviously fixed bellator tournament. that was some bullshit

Worst thing I think I've seen in MMA. Awful

It will be interesting to see how the fighters
from Invicta fare since they are used to doing
quick weight cuts for fights that are announced
really fast without alot of notice.

If Lauren Murphy is picked to be on TUF 26 she'll
be squeezing the pounds to make 125 lbs putting
it mildly since she looks about 150 lbs do to her
height and frame.

Back