Fighters asking for money fights = Cringe

Zee's MMA Subscriber

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
A couple recent examples

WW champ Woodley begging Nate Diaz a 155er to fight him

Pacquiao calling out Conor, 0-1 pro boxer SMH

Everyone wants to be rich like Conor and Floyd but Conor and Floyd are the only real money fighters. Everyone else is just trying to copy them or fight them. When you hear Woodley calling out Diaz, it's so forced and it's so obvious that Woodley is only calling out Diaz because he thinks it's an easy payday.

I understand everyone wants to get paid but some of these fighters have no idea how to promote themselves, its pathetic. When fighters go begging for money fights it makes me think they only care about getting paid and it ruins authenticity of the fight and the build up.

I get it with the UFC.

90% of these guys are getting paid chump change, for the amount of damage they're taking.

You’d beg for a money fight if you were in that business. You’d probably swallow the gravy too.

these guys need to be getting involved in other media to get their names out there more. ufc doesnt promote anybody aside from conor

Prize fighters trying to earn the biggest prize during their short careers.

Fuck your cringe

<codychoke>

These guys get paid shit they SHOULD want more money.

"If one does not ask, one does not receive" wise words from Mike Perry

A couple recent examples

WW champ Woodley begging Nate Diaz a 155er to fight him

Pacquiao calling out Conor, 0-1 pro boxer SMH

Everyone wants to be rich like Conor and Floyd but Conor and Floyd are the only real money fighters. Everyone else is just trying to copy them or fight them. When you hear Woodley calling out Diaz, it's so forced and it's so obvious that Woodley is only calling out Diaz because he thinks it's an easy payday.

I understand everyone wants to get paid but some of these fighters have no idea how to promote themselves, its pathetic. When fighters go begging for money fights it makes me think they only care about getting paid and it ruins authenticity of the fight and the build up.
I don't have a problem with it. Fighters have a short window to make money. Fighting CAUSES CTE. I mean the whole purpose of being a pro fighter is the money. Any fighter who says otherwise is lying. So can you blame them for wanting a big payday?

EDIT:
Didn't the UFC tell Tyron to call out Nate?
The pacquiao one is cringeworthy to me. That one is just desperate attempt at an easy payday.

I've only seen one time in UFC money fight was appropriate and it didnt happen lol

Silva and GSP who both cleaned their respective divisions twice and had no one else to fight.

for Floyd that was the easiest 200+ Mil he ever made, Conor is doing all the talk while he just chill in the background, Conor really couldn't do much against Floyd in the ring either it was like sparring for Floyd. So naturally people like Pac, Oscar, Pullie calls him out, the easiest big money their ever make.

Dana described the Zuffa sale to WME as a huge win for the fighters, as WME would get them crossover opportunities in other media.

Since this hasn't happened yet, I understand why the fighters want money fights.

The real cringe is in how little UFC fighters get paid. They need the money fights or most of them retire broke.

Woodley begging Nate Diaz for a "Money fight" is so ridiculous. Am I the only one not getting the "Nate Diaz is a superstar?" He became famous because of Conor McGregor, he was somewhat unique before all that but he's not like a GSP, a Ronda or a Jones. Nate's ego was overblown after the first Conor fight, kept at it after the rematch, 90% of his tweets or posts were about Conor and now he ask for like 15-20mil or he won't fight..? Well don't come back! Woodley is trolling us all, he knows Diaz's popularity doesn't match his talent, that's why he's challenging him, easiest and most lucrative title defence of his career. And he wants to become a legend..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back