Fighter with unexpected good grappling/bjj skills

bait.gif

56ddec304d37a.gif

giphy.gif
Don't confuse exhaustion with poor grappling. Conor is pretty decent. He actually defended well against Khabib. But Khabib is Khabib

You mean the Conor with ONE sub in his entire career? And that was in the minor leagues in 2012?

The clown that jumped a gilly.. On Poirier?

lol.. The same Poirier that has zero gilly wins on his resume. But he keeps trying..

That’s the Conor you mean, right?
That's not because you have one sub that you have poor grappling. It's because his striking was so good that he didn't have to use it.

Conor jumped the gilly you're right. But remember how he wrecked Holloway back in the days, how he swept Diaz, how he defended against Khabib (better than most of the roster) etc..

He swept Nate in their fight and he defended Khabib's takedown better than both Gaethje and Poirier. His grappling is underrated. He just gasses and wilts mentally.

Don't confuse exhaustion with poor grappling. Conor is pretty decent. He actually defended well against Khabib. But Khabib is Khabib

Lol at he swept Nate and just gasses. McRunner is softer than warm butter. It's hilarious in 2024 we still have this level of delusion about this can's career.

Since it's all about gassing, where would we be if Mendes didn't gas from not having a training camp?

<seedat>

Corey Sandhagen.

Everyone blaming him for L'n'P against font, but his Wrestling really surprises me here.
He is already a pretty diverse striker with a lot of switches, and adding that wrestle element make his game really complete.
He showed hints of an evolving wrestling skill against Yadong, but against font his takedowns are amazing.

You're wrong, it wasn't Sandhagen but the dagestani wrestler Sandagomedov that fought Rob Font.

I have Pettis, Conor, and Ortega in mind
techinically speaking, romero is supposably better than DC at wrasslin. but injuries stopped him from being the one of the MW GOATs (I'd still rate him top 15 tbh) if he shaved off a couple of yrs in wrasslin, who knows how different the climate and the division of the mw would be....GSP might of never moved up, Bisping might of never been champ or became a commentator. lists goes on and on.

I remembered when Sean Sherk absolutely dominated Franca on the ground…

Not just holding him down, but passing his guard, moving into side mount, attempting submissions…

On Franca’s way to his title shot, he was finishing opponents off of his back…

I thought it was pretty surprising.

Back