Fight results that bummed you out

Wandy and Shogun losing to Leben and Sonnen in the conclusive manners they did, just felt so wrong.
Nog Mir 2, with Nog so close to the finish but the ref's interference causing him to lose concentration and make a mistake, with devastating consequences.
Mirko losing to manbearpig was so disappointing too.
I wish Fedor had been allowed to come out for the 3rd round against Bigfoot. And a bit more time against Hendo. Great fights that I'd like to have seen more definitive endings to.
Arona Vs Saku was horrible to watch. It felt like watching a crime, seeing the great warrior smashed and abused like that.
I was blaming the ref too but the end of day nog is one to blame

He had it wrapped up but threw it away

But Mir deserves mad props

Speaking of Shogun his fight with Vera really bummed me out because if was a 3 rounder Vera would of won that fight. As much as I like Shogun he won because Vera gassed after putting it too him for 3 rounds
Vera was good

Tim randy fights he was small hw

Had potential

Carwin tapping to Brock
Fedor losing to Mitrione
Aldo losing to McGregor
Nog losing to Mir

Fedor/Big Foot tugged at my heart strings.

The Fedor/Werdum bout can be summed up as sloppy and careless. The next bout with Silva was when I knew it was really over for Fedor and he wouldn't be a top fighter again.

Hmmm, offhand...

Franklin getting KO'd by Cung Le made me legitimately sad. You could see it in his eyes after he woke up that he knew his career had just ended.
Arlovski losing to all of Rogers, Bigfoot, Sergei and his entire recent losing streak.
Arlovski losing to Fedor the way he did. I expected him to lose, but not to nearly get sent to the afterlife.
Royce is kind of a dick, but seeing him get completely trashed by Hughes was a little sad.
Some of Gary Goodridge's late-career fights bummed me out.
Seeing the last few fights of Mark Kerr's career was depressing. Especially the King Mo KO.

Was really cheering for Chuck in the second Rampage fight. So that was kind of sad.
Pretty much all of the times Jardine got flatlined bummed me out - Thiago Silva, Bader, Rockhold etc. And seeing him lose in fucking "Shark Fights."
Sakuraba's entire late career was depressing, especially when his ear came off against Zaromskis, and losing to Mayhem.

Last edited:
Hmmm, offhand...

Franklin getting KO'd by Cung Le made me legitimately sad. You could see it in his eyes after he woke up that he knew his career had just ended.
Arlovski losing to all of Rogers, Bigfoot, Sergei and his entire recent losing streak.
Arlovski losing to Fedor the way he did. I expected him to lose, but not to nearly get sent to the afterlife.
Royce is kind of a dick, but seeing him get completely trashed by Hughes was a little sad.
Some of Gary Goodridge's late-career fights bummed me out.
Seeing the last few fights of Mark Kerr's career was depressing. Especially the King Mo KO.

Was really cheering for Chuck in the second Rampage fight. So that was kind of sad.
Pretty much all of the times Jardine got flatlined bummed me out - Thiago Silva, Bader, Rockhold etc. And seeing him lose in fucking "Shark Fights."
Sakuraba's entire late career was depressing, especially when his ear came off against Zaromskis, and losing to Mayhem.

I hear you all the way ..and wow as soon as you mentioned Le sleeping Ace that look on his face popped in my mind...damn

Fedor vs Arona. Arona although being much smaller dominated the fight and grappling. Should’ve got the win.

Jon Jones kicking Cormier's head into the nosebleeds and then pooping for PEDs.

Cowboy losing that split decision to Lawler.

Cowboy getting annihilated by Darren Till. On the plus side, I'm all up on that Till warwagon now.

Back