Fedor vs. Mir fight video

maximmm

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

I must say... at first I thought Fedor was done after Frank clipped him, but yeah, seeing Fedor use Sambo again was awesome. That trip with Frank flipping over onto the floor was really nice work.

That trip with Frank flipping over onto the floor was really nice work.

That was where the fight turned in an instant.

He slammed Mir super hard on his back, and you could see it totally surprised him.

What a scrap. 40 seconds of 100% action

inside leg kick to cross to hook. so glad fedor recovered. that was a nice combo from mir. fedors footwork allowed him to strike while moving backwards. a very under rated skill hes had since rings

Takeaways -

Fedor's judo instincts are still there, if Chael shoots and they end up clinched in the fence as American MMA is wanton to do he may go for a trip on the Siberian Airways
Fedor's power is still obviously crushing, completely put Mir out with a lead shovel hook, if Chael catches any of that heat he's going night-night
Fedor still doesn't seem to be gameplanning all that much, just going out there balls out

It's hard to take much from Fedor's fights since they're always so short and chaotic. Chael looked great against Rampage, the best he has in a while. If Fedor just swings for the KO there's more than a good chance Chael outhustles him. But if at any time Chael finds himself underneath a guy we now know still has some of those legendary grappling chops, he'll get his lights put out. The same goes for if he gets hit clean standing.

Chael sort of has to walk a tightrope to win. Fedor's moments of success he always finds even in fights he loses will be enough to get the job done.

YafWP8S.gif

I should say.... I saw the fight a few times and I gotto say, Fedor's second knee was pretty darn close to the no-go zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back