Fedor vs Cro Cop

I was never more hyped for a Heavyweight MMA fight than I was in the days leading up to that fight.

It was ok. I really don't hear people hype it up that much, it's usually talked about just as a great matchup, like a silva Belfort or Cormier jones

Are you kidding?

This fight was and is hyped more than The Dark Knight.

I was never more hyped for a Heavyweight MMA fight than I was in the days leading up to that fight.
Oh wow you joined at the end of 2001, you must be like one of there oldest members right now lol

Why is this considered a great performance? People act as it Fedor outstruck cro cop the whole fight but in reality Fedor did OK standing and layed on top of cro cop a lot.

Agree there’s this big misconception that Fedor out struck cc ..... however it was the audacity of Fedor to stand and kick with cc that remained in people’s brain specially the part where he tries to highkick him(remember he trained extensively with hoist) . cc rocked him with a straight left at one point in the fight and was getting the better of the exchanges until he would get taken down

Are you kidding?

This fight was and is hyped more than The Dark Knight.
I know it's hyped and I thought it was a good fight but I really don't here that many people talk about the actual fight much anymore apart from when people talk about the best matchups. And the dark knight is phenomenal

Last edited:
Wonder how it would go down now

Wonder how it would go down now
would greatly favor crocop. basically my reaction for any of fedors upcoming fights lately
Britney-Haynes-Cringe-Big-Brother.gif

If Cro Cop was so GOAT ....... explain how he was barely a journeyman in the UFC? It's not like he came to the UFC an was old .

If Cro Cop was so GOAT ....... explain how he was barely a journeyman in the UFC? It's not like he came to the UFC an was old .
It's been explained many times here, noob. Start with the search function.

It's been explained many times here, noob. Start with the search function.

Didn’t he get like a never ending jet lag on the plane ride westbound or something?

He never quite recovered from that flight in 2007.

Where do I begin...

The atmosphere and intensity was unreal. At any moment either one of them could knockout or be knocked out. The fight will you get you sweating with anticipation of what will happen next. The way Fedor twirled his fist in circles before striking CroCop as he lay on the ground was boss level. The toughness of CroCop receiving vicious GNP and the balls on CroCop to YOLO that signature head kick. Just holy shit.

This fight always deserves to be watched once a year, late at night with the lights off and the volume turned up. It’s a ritual almost.

Last edited:
Crocop was the best striker in MMA.

Fedor found a strategy to beat him standing, although crocop still made it competitive.

Fedor put the pressure on the whole fight until crocop gassed.

he implemented his GnP strategy. The reason he didn't KOnhim is because of Crocop defense on the ground.

This was an amazing performance because of who the opponent was.
This^

TS got off on the wrong foot. Bad move when you have no clue what's going on.

Kids these days...yeesh.

Whatever. I'll bite. @Streeter

One of the discrepancies that is apparent in Crocop's tenures in Pride and the UFC is the ring/cage. His style is made for the ring. He was a master at cornering opponents, cutting off the ring, etc. This style didn't translate to the cage, where there are no corners at all. It was apparent that he never trained in a cage after he fought in one, which was probably true of many of the fighters that came over from Pride. Some switched their training methods and adapted, and over time had some success, some never really had much success. Crocop, Fedor, Wand never really found the same success in a cage that they had in a ring. Rampage, Shogun, Hendo found it, although Rampage and Hendo had prior experience in a cage. Shogun almost had to completely reinvent his style to find success, and it still wasn't the same without stomps and soccer kicks.

Fedor is a bigger SAKU GOAT.

Both are weirdos, borderline sadomasochists...

They liked to play with fire, test themselves, go for crazy improbable gameplans, fight according to their opponent´s strength...

Jus´ to prove somethin´...
The idea fedor had a stand up fight with cro cop to prove something is a myth though. Fedor definitively won because of all the time he beat up cro cop on the ground. That the stand up was close was a testament to him but he didn’t just chose to stand and trade.

The idea fedor had a stand up fight with cro cop to prove something is a myth though. Fedor definitively won because of all the time he beat up cro cop on the ground. That the stand up was close was a testament to him but he didn’t just chose to stand and trade.
Jus´like he didnt only dive in Nog´s guard...

Back