Fedor vs Cheick Kongo

man if they putthat Kongo fight together that would have been amazing. Thats the stuff of legends, taking last second fights and putting on a show for the fans. I hope it isnt true that Fedor refused all these fights I just dont think he is like that.

the complete opposite....Fedor refused Ortiz , Sonnen and Tompson replacement

First thing I thought about when I heard the fight was scrapped, why not have Fedor vs Kongo. Sure they put the Kongo fight on the card so if someone was injured he could fill in. For sure Bellator would rather have Fedor fight anyone than have the main event scrapped.

No doubt Kongo was offered the fight. He would have taken it in a second as there's no down side for him. Bigger paycheck, if he loses it doesn't hurt him as he's fighting Fedor on short notice. Nothing but an upside for Kongo. However the exact opposite can be said for The Last Emperror , if he loses to a late replacement his stock would go down, no matter how physically imposing Kongo is. Especially after having such a bad run in Strikeforce. It could very well be the last nail in his long career. Even if Fedor wanted to take the fight his management team would not let it happen.

Regardless. Fedor isn't obligated to fight anyone other than the man he signed to fight in Mitrione. Not a duck....

They just confirmed that Fedor didn't want to take any other fights at the beginning of the Bellator broadcast. Disappointed cuz I am a big Fedor fan and wanted to see him fight tonight.

WTF people?

I go to work for a few hours and come home ready for some Fedor, only to find you muthafukas couldn't keep putin away from mitrione's locker room for one fucking day.

And dammit Putin, you gotta use less plutonium brah. Enough to make him a little woozy, not so much that he's fucking dying and has to pull out.

I said this earlier too. it makes sense, besides Kongo already beat Mitrione in their UFC days so its a even harder fight.

No response from anybody can mean:

- Bellator either can't get the commission to approve

- Fedor's team didn't want to take the fight

- Bellator already made the decision to continue without the Fedor fight and will not focus on this anymore (and also didn't want to break up the fight with Oli)
Chael is commentating and Josh Thompson is the main event.

Josh Thompson, the lightweight, wanted to step in? And anyone - including Fedor - has to take that seriously? I think not..

I would like to hear from Coker or Fedor why no replacement was put in place. Would the commission consent with such a last minute replacement - only hours before the fight - with a guy like Chael that was not supposed to fight today? He would need to be weighed and medically cleared as well.

They should just put Kongo or Oli Thompson to face him. Wonder if Fedor's team/management said no or Bellator didn't want that Kongo fight. I'm guessing management.

WTF people?

I go to work for a few hours and come home ready for some Fedor, only to find you muthafukas couldn't keep putin away from mitrione's locker room for one fucking day.

And dammit Putin, you gotta use less plutonium brah. Enough to make him a little woozy, not so much that he's fucking dying and has to pull out.
That's what happens sherbro. You should have sticked with the rules of the forum.

Rule number 1 on Sherdog forum: Never leave sherdog forum.

Rule number 2 on Sherdog forum: Never break rule number 1.

Rule number 3 on Sherdog forum: Live in your mom's basement and do not have a job or other form of income.

h944gCc.jpg

This is the fight to make. They keep saying Kongo is mad because he hasn't gotten a title fight and they waste his time with this fight. Fedor vs Kongo would be a great title fight. They should do it soon if Kongo wins without injury. I don't care about Fedor vs Mitrione, he doesn't have that "it" factor.

I think Kongo vs. Fedor would have been pretty ugly...for Fedor. I see Kongo using his height/strength to put Fedor in bad spots on the ground and against the cage...and land lots of knees and punches. I think it would be like Bigfoot vs Fedor, but not as much of a wild brawl.

Lmfao @ people even mentioning Chael. At this point Jaideep Singh stands a better chance in a rematch

First thing I thought about when I heard the fight was scrapped, why not have Fedor vs Kongo. Sure they put the Kongo fight on the card so if someone was injured he could fill in. For sure Bellator would rather have Fedor fight anyone than have the main event scrapped.

No doubt Kongo was offered the fight. He would have taken it in a second as there's no down side for him. Bigger paycheck, if he loses it doesn't hurt him as he's fighting Fedor on short notice. Nothing but an upside for Kongo. However the exact opposite can be said for The Last Emperror , if he loses to a late replacement his stock would go down, no matter how physically imposing Kongo is. Especially after having such a bad run in Strikeforce. It could very well be the last nail in his long career. Even if Fedor wanted to take the fight his management team would not let it happen.

Fedor vs Kongo? How well does Fedor handle BIG knees to his balls? Those knees felled Cro Cop.

WTF people?

It was polonium.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back