Fedor about Khabib and upcoming fight with Frank Mir.

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
ruu2486f4cd95.jpg

One of the oldest and most respected sports newspapers Sport-Express published and exclusive interview with Fedor Emelianenko ahead of the Bellator Grand Prix. So without further ado, here's the interview:

– The last training camp ahead of the fight you spent in Holland. Why there and not i US where you can find a lot of high class sparring partners?

– I have built a nice team in Holland, trainers, fighter that help me etc. I'm comfortable there. But of course I'm most comfortable at home. But in Russia, since MMA is not as popular there, there are some difficulties. That's why I start out in Russia and the go to Holland.

– Have you had any thoughts about doing a camp in the US?

– A training camp? Sure, send an invitation and I'll gladly come. But to train there on a regular basis, no.

– Your opponent Frank Mir is a jiu-jitsu master. Will you try to keep this fight standing?

– We'll see (smile). I will decide during the fight.

– On one of the photos in Instagram you have bandage on your knee. Did you have an injury?

– It's nothing serious. It has healed.

– can you say that you have completely gotten used to the cage? Before you were less comfortable there then in a ring.

– I feel good inside the cage. I am fighting in a cage longer then inside a ring by now.

– Do you feel that you have become a different fighter then you were in the middle of 2000-s?

– I feel that I'm not getting any younger. But I am becoming more experienced (smile).

– Mir called you a wonderful person. But at the same time he said that he doesn't like how you handle the press, he said that you don't talk much to the press.

– I don't even know what to say. When I am asked questions, I answer them.

– Can something force you to trash-talk about your opponent in public?

– You know, you must treat people like you would like to be treated. I don't want people to talk negatively towards me, anyone for that matter. That's why I try to suppress negativity inside of me and treat people with love and respect.

– What do you think about growing popularity of Khabib Nurmagomedov? Do you see a successor in him as the main Russian MMA star?

– I like Khabib. He is a great guy. I am happy that he became the UFC champion and took the place that he's been deserving for a long time. I hope that he will uphold that status and that he will help young fighters and share his experience with them.

UPDATE:

I posted Alex Emelianenko interview that covers Fedor vs Mir today. It's a good read.

LINK

Last edited:
"– I feel that I'm not getting any younger. But I am becoming more experienced"

That's pretty significant, imo.

Fedor realizes that he's getting older (=becoming weaker, slower and so on and so forth), yet he states that he's more experienced. Which is obviously true.

But he doesn't fight that way. He fights like he's not experienced at all. He's going all in, swinging like a 25 year old. He's not being calculated and fighting like an experienced fighter.

Last edited:
– Your opponent Frank Mir is a jiu-jitsu master. Will you try to keep this fight standing?

– We'll see (smile). I will decide during the fight.

That's why he would have failed miserably in the UFC. I guess in Russia gameplans prepare you.

"– I feel that I'm not getting any younger. But I am becoming more experienced"

That's pretty significant, imo.

Fedor realizes, that he's getting older (=becoming weaker, slower and so on and so forth), yet he states that he's more experienced. Which is obviously true.

But he doesn't fight that way. He fights like he's not experienced at all. He's going all in, swinging like a 25 year old. He's not being calculated and fighting like an experienced fighter.
I don't know why he did a come back to be honest. I still watch every fight, but when he gets KOd I feel pain inside. Guess he needs the money.

Fedors downfall makes me sad. I never felt emotions like I felt when werdum subbed him and Bigfoot messed him up. It was sad to see such a wonderful human getting wrecked. I hope he knocks out Mir and retires rather than getting more brain damage.

Спасибо Шурик. ;)

Fedors downfall makes me sad. I never felt emotions like I felt when werdum subbed him and Bigfoot messed him up. It was sad to see such a wonderful human getting wrecked. I hope he knocks out Mir and retires rather than getting more brain damage.

Well I hope he wins that Grand Prix and goes out with a BANG.

I don't know why he did a come back to be honest. I still watch every fight, but when he gets KOd I feel pain inside. Guess he needs the money.

WTF do you mean by saying he gets KOed? You are saying it like he is getting KOed left & right. While in reality he got KOed only Twice in his illustrious career . A stat which is tremendously impressive for any heavyweight with over 40 fights.

I think that you don't need a translation :D. Just go read the original.
Yup, you guess right. :)

Thanks for translating for the Sherdog community though, we need more givers around here.

BTW you a Sambo guy? Where do you train?

Such a great human being he is, but his fanatics online make it impossible not to be against his fighting career.

WTF do you mean by saying he gets KOed? You are saying it like he is getting KOed left & right. While in reality he got KOed only Twice in his illustrious career . A stat which his tremendously impressive for any heavyweight with over 40 fights.

First of all calm the F down.
Ok then KOd and TKOd. That makes it 3.
No one is saying he is a bad fighter. I just think he has gotten old and it's visible. I want him to keep his brains intact.

Yeah, I'm hating see all these guys age & then becoming a stepping stone for the younger guys. I know it happens in all sports but in combat sports its so freaking dangerous.

Would love to see Fedor win the tournament, then have a high profile rematch with Crocop in Japan after which both guys can retire on a high.

Its interesting that he says he would do a training camp in The States, if offered: "A training camp? Sure, send an invitation and I'll gladly come."

I wonder if, or why, a camp hasn't tried to offer that?

WTF do you mean by saying he gets KOed? You are saying it like he is getting KOed left & right. While in reality he got KOed only Twice in his illustrious career . A stat which is tremendously impressive for any heavyweight with over 40 fights.

TKO'd by Bigfoot in horror movie fashion. KO'd by Hendo. KO'd about 3 times by Maldonado and woken up and allowed to continue by the corrupt ref. Put to sleep by Mitrione. He has taken a lot of punishment by now.

Yup, you guess right. :)

Thanks for translating for the Sherdog community though, we need more givers around here.

BTW you a Sambo guy? Where do you train?

No I just liked the picture.
I did boxing during my youth and judo.
I am 31 so I just train BJJ now since it's easier on your body, plus I meet a lot of people in my work so I can't walk around looking beat up :D.

Such a great human being he is, but his fanatics online make it impossible not to be against his fighting career.

Shut the fuck up you prick, His fanbases beahiviour can't be any excuse for picking up against him. You are a horrible person that's why you hate him. Now don't try to spin that into something else.

TKO'd by Bigfoot in horror movie fashion. KO'd by Hendo. KO'd about 3 times by Maldonado and woken up and allowed to continue by the corrupt ref. Put to sleep by Mitrione. He has taken a lot of punishment by now.

Against Bigfoot it was a doctor stoppage, he didn't get KOed. Same with Maldonado. Actually he won that fight. Now get your hating ass out of this thread.

Shut the fuck up you prick, His fanbases beahiviour can't be any excuse for picking up against him. You are a horrible person that's why you hate him. Now don't try to spin that into something else.

Jürgen Klop WTF is your problem?

Back