FBI Director Comey sought to reveal Russian election meddling last summer

Spying on your politicians and then releasing that material at opportune times, like say, during the last week of the election, isn't 'Interference'? K, curious to know how you define that term then.

Give me one good reason why the American people should not have been aware of what the Democrats were really like, behind their bullshit.

This all goes back to the original ridiculous argument the Dems were pushing when it happened. That being, that you should not care the the Dems were exposed as scumfucks, but that you should be more concerned of who exposed them. We'd all be better off not knowing anything that was in those emails.

To which I say, HA!.

"Whatever the Russians may have been doing, let's take the most extreme charges, that barely registers in the balance against what the U.S. does constantly. Even in Russia. So for example, the U.S. intervened radically to support Boris Yeltsin in 1993 when he was engaged in a power play trying to take power from the Parliament, Clinton strongly supported him. In 1996, when Yeltsin was running, the Clinton administration openly and strongly supported them, and not only verbally, but with tactics and loans and so on.

All of that goes way beyond what the Russians are charged with, and of course that is a minor aspect of U.S. interference in elections abroad: 'If we don't like the election, you can just overthrow the country.'

^^
This from the right wing shill, known as... uh ... oh wait no, that's from Noam Fucking Chomsky
Is the Clintons taking measures to secure the end of the Cold War really an appropriate analogy?

Is the Clintons taking measures to secure the end of the Cold War really an appropriate analogy?

Is Americans finding out stuff that was true really a national emergency?

Give me one good reason why the American people should not have been aware of what the Democrats were really like, behind their bullshit.

This all goes back to the original ridiculous argument the Dems were pushing when it happened. That being, that you should not care the the Dems were exposed as scumfucks, but that you should be more concerned of who exposed them. We'd all be better off not knowing anything that was in those emails.

To which I say, HA!.

You can't honestly believe that Russia did this for the good of the American people, can you?

This man James Comey fucking fascinates me. I want a movie, and I don't want Hollywood to make it. Find a wunderkind screenwright and give him to the Brits.
Comey is going to end up dead in a Mexican ditch, and we will have literally no fucking clue who did it or why.

"Whatever the Russians may have been doing, let's take the most extreme charges, that barely registers in the balance against what the U.S. does constantly. Even in Russia. So for example, the U.S. intervened radically to support Boris Yeltsin in 1993 when he was engaged in a power play trying to take power from the Parliament, Clinton strongly supported him. In 1996, when Yeltsin was running, the Clinton administration openly and strongly supported them, and not only verbally, but with tactics and loans and so on.

All of that goes way beyond what the Russians are charged with, and of course that is a minor aspect of U.S. interference in elections abroad: 'If we don't like the election, you can just overthrow the country.'

^^
This from the right wing shill, known as... uh ... oh wait no, that's from Noam Fucking Chomsky

sure America has done far worse to screw other countries

does that mean they should sit by and do nothing when another country is screwing them?

^^
He's correct but, would you really be OK with a foreign nation doing what we do? I'm not OK with us doing it, and I'm not ok with another nation doing it. Maybe Russia left their freedoms in the US accidentally and need to come fight for them. Would that be cool because we do it too?

Last edited:
You can't honestly believe that Russia did this for the good of the American people, can you?

They likely did it to hurt an incoming administration. Luckily, that administration didn't get in.

I'll ask again though. Give me one good reason why the American people should not have been made aware of the DNC's scumfuckery?

Is Americans finding out stuff that was true really a national emergency?
I have no issue with that, but I think the American people had a right to know where it was coming from, and before making a decision, not after. I'm disappointed that Obama did that, but I strongly doubt it was a moral decision. It was a political calculation that backfired, so once again, it's hard to feel sympathy for the Democrats.

None of this precludes the many connections to Russia in Trump's camp, or Putin's malicious intent against Clinton (who he hates) with regard to the election outcome.

https://charlierose.com/videos/30288

and

https://charlierose.com/videos/29776

Both great.

Give me one good reason why the American people should not have been made aware of the DNC's scumfuckery?

^^
This kinda sums up my feelings on the matter

If the best people can come up with is 'Russia may have shown us some true stuff!!! On purpose!!!!'

That's pretty weak

They likely did it to hurt an incoming administration. Luckily, that administration didn't get in.

They risked a severe rift in diplomatic relations with the potentially incoming administration to show the people who voted for them that they've been sharing notes with CNN? That doesn't make any sense. Putin's not retarded.

I'll ask again though. Give me one good reason why the American people should not have been made aware of the DNC's scumfuckery?

I absolutely believe in full disclosure. So where's full disclosure on the Republicans and specifically Trump's team?

This man James Comey fucking fascinates me. I want a movie, and I don't want Hollywood to make it. Find a wunderkind screenwright and give him to the Brits.
lol. I feel some of this, especially in this psycho political atmosphere, but I really think this is just a good dude trying to do the right thing, even if he fucked my candidate hard. His actions are consistent with American interests.

lol. I feel some of this, especially in this psycho political atmosphere, but I really think this is just a good dude trying to do the right thing, even if he fucked my candidate hard. His actions are consistent with American interests.

Wait we're still talking about Putin right

They risked a severe rift in diplomatic relations with the potentially incoming administration to show the people who voted for them that they've been sharing notes with CNN? That doesn't make any sense. Putin's not retarded.

Yeah, 'cause that's all that was in there...

I absolutely believe in full disclosure. So where's full disclosure on the Republicans and specifically Trump's team?

Ah', yes. The complaint that the criminal hackers weren't bi-partisan, or that since the DNC's dirty laundry was aired, that the RNC should air theirs too, out of the kindness of their hearts. All based on an assumption that since the DNC were exposed as scumfucks, the GOP must be scumfucks too, but the hackers just didn't expose them.

LOL. Weak.

He's correct but, would you really be OK with a foreign nation doing what we do? I'm not OK with us doing it, and I'm not ok with another nation doing it. Maybe Russia left their freedom in the US accidentally and need to come fight for them. Would that be cool because we do it too?

brilliant

^^
This kinda sums up my feelings on the matter

If the best people can come up with is 'Russia may have shown us some true stuff!!! On purpose!!!!'

That's pretty weak

it wasn't just the leaking of e-mails

they mixed in a bunch of BS like pizzagate and other pedo stuff

and then very deliberately distrubuted it through facebook

Oh', and remember people, this isn't a partisan issue. As American citizens, you should be concerned that a foreign country was meddling in your sacred election.

Yeah, we definitely knew about it months ahead of the election and did nothing, but around November 9th, it became really super duper important, for reasons unrelated to Hillary Clinton's embarrassing loss.

Yeah, 'cause that's all that was in there...

What else was there? Seriously, what was the huge reveal?

Ah', yes. The complaint that the criminal hackers weren't bi-partisan, or that since the DNC's dirty laundry was aired, that the RNC should air theirs too, out of the kindness of their hearts. All based on an assumption that since the DNC were exposed as scumfucks, the GOP must be scumfucks too, but the hackers just didn't expose them.

LOL. Weak.

So you really believe that the party who started an illegal war for oil during the last time they held office doesn't have any dirt, just as bad as the Dems? That Trump's team, already having been subject to resignations, doesn't have damaging material out there?

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back