FBI acted on Hillary Intel they knew was fake (Russia) during 2016 campaign

Ophydian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say about this, what their motives were and what this makes the FBI look like at this time. Acting on fake intel you knew came from the Russians about Hillary Clinton during the 2016 campaign because you thought if it were leaks it might undermine the investigation? Why not come out and explain the news was fake and where it originated from?

Bigger question at hand is the last paragraph that Russian Intelligence is still actively trying to spread disinformation using elected officials. If this is indeed true I think everyone on here who considers themselves an American should be demanding a full investigation. I will assume if you don't want this to be investigated then you are a russian bot or troll.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/polit...tigation-fake-russian-intelligence/index.html

Washington (CNN)Then-FBI Director James Comey knew that a critical piece of information relating to the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email was fake -- created by Russian intelligence -- but he feared that if it became public it would undermine the probe and the Justice Department itself, according to multiple officials with knowledge of the process.

As a result, Comey acted unilaterally last summer to publicly declare the investigation over -- without consulting then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch -- while at the same time stating that Clinton had been "extremely careless" in her handling of classified information. His press conference caused a firestorm of controversy and drew criticism from both Democrats and Republicans.

Comey's actions based on what he knew was Russian disinformation offer a stark example of the way Russian interference impacted the decisions of the highest-level US officials during the 2016 campaign.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that this Russian intelligence was unreliable. US officials now tell CNN that Comey and FBI officials actually knew early on that this intelligence was indeed false.

In fact, acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe went to Capitol Hill Thursday to push back on the notion that the FBI was duped, according to a source familiar with a meeting McCabe had with members of the Senate intelligence committee.

The Russian intelligence at issue purported to show that then-Attorney General Lynch had been compromised in the Clinton investigation. The intelligence described emails between then-Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz and a Clinton campaign operative suggesting that Lynch would make the FBI investigation of Clinton go away.

In classified sessions with members of Congress several months ago, Comey described those emails in the Russian claim and expressed his concern that this Russian information could "drop" and that would undermine the Clinton investigation and the Justice Department in general, according to one government official.

Still, Comey did not let on to lawmakers that there were doubts about the veracity of the intelligence, according to sources familiar with the briefings. It is unclear why Comey was not more forthcoming in a classified setting.

Sources close to Comey tell CNN he felt that it didn't matter if the information was accurate, because his big fear was that if the Russians released the information publicly, there would be no way for law enforcement and intelligence officials to discredit it without burning intelligence sources and methods.

In at least one classified session, Comey cited that intelligence as the primary reason he took the unusual step of publicly announcing the end of the Clinton email probe.

In that briefing, Comey did not even mention the other reason he gave in public testimony for acting independently of the Justice Department -- that Lynch was compromised because Bill Clinton boarded her plane and spoke to her during the investigation, these sources told CNN.

Multiple US officials tell CNN that to this day Russia is trying to spread false information in the US -- through elected officials and American intelligence and law enforcement operatives -- in order to cloud and confuse ongoing investigations

Last edited:
At this point Comey, the FBI, and the entire intelligence community cannot be trusted on any topic. They have destroyed their own credibility and Trump needs to clean house.

Yeah, we all know by now that Comey was an incompetent clown.

Seems to me like America dodged a corrupt politician in favor of a corrupt politician with less useful experience

Glad the two resident Russian Trolls posted with the expected responses.

Sorry. I take it back. Comey was perfect and never made a bad decision. He was right to sabatoge Hillary's campaign a week before the election based on fake Russian intel. Great judgment.

"Sources close to Comey tell CNN..."

I wonder what percentage of CNN's political reporting on Trump uses 'Anonymous Sources,' or 'Sources close to,' and 'Someone familiar with how someone thinks.'

"The Russian intelligence at issue purported to show that then-Attorney General Lynch had been compromised in the Clinton investigation."

We already know that happened when Bill Clinton "just happened" to be at the same airport, in the same hangar, and went to AG Lynch's plane for a private 30 minute discussion about kids & golf. Lynch & Comey were both, almost certainly and very obviously, running interference for Hillary. How she has escaped prosecution is amazing. But maybe that's why Comey is gone. Get rid of the protector & let justice be done.

Last edited:
Cool! What about all those "classified" emails sent from private server when the charges were dropped after lynch met with her husband?

I guess it's Russian doing as well

Breaking news on CNN:

Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Pizza! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia! Russia!

Last edited:
Seems to me like America dodged a corrupt politician in favor of a corrupt politician with less useful experience

Not really. They "dodged" a not-corrupt, highly competent politician with a solid platform in favor of an incompetent, massively corrupt kleptocrat.

There's really not the slightest case for Clinton being corrupt. The biggest charge against her was laziness making her vulnerable to being hacked.

Honestly, I welcome any fair investigation into Donald Trump. Because I am 150,000% sure if they had anything on the guy, they would have dropped it a week before the election. And at this point it's pretty clear obama was spying on everyone and your grandma, so you know they tried.

Also, to prove I'm not just blindly nuthugging. You're talking about a severely ADD (in the best way possible) billionaire model banger. Picture a Russian agent trying to pitch him some complicated plan... within 6 minutes Trump would be telling him how fabulous his hotels are and how he likes banging super models. "Have you seen my pic with Muhammad Ali and Rosa Parks, let me tell you, Rosa Parks was terrific, big league" "Stong!".

I liked when the Russians made Loretta Lynch meet Bill aboard his private jet just a few days before announcing she is not charging Hillary. Dastardly Putin!

Sorry. I take it back. Comey was perfect and never made a bad decision. He was right to sabatoge Hillary's campaign a week before the election based on fake Russian intel. Great judgment.
You obviously didn't read the post. It said Comey announced that Clinton's email probe was over in June because he believed the Russian fake intelligence could come out and there would be no way to discredit it without burning their own intelligence sources and that he believed Lynch was compromised because she was on a plane with Bill Clinton.

If anything Comey comes across as even more competent.

What if Hillary never even had a private email server, and it was actually Russia that set one up, and were rerouting all her classified state department emails to it to set her up! That's why Hillary didn't remember having any classified emails on it...she never did!

You obviously didn't read the post. It said Comey announced that Clinton's email probe was over in June because he believed the Russian fake intelligence could come out and there would be no way to discredit it without burning their own intelligence sources and that he believed Lynch was compromised because she was on a plane with Bill Clinton.

Yaaaaah, nobody thinks Comey came away looking competent.

Comey was making announcments instead of Loretta Lynch because he had memos (allegedly authored by Russia) that said Lynch was compromised. The memos were fake. So Comey made his two announcements, both which were highly damaging to Clinton, because he fell for #fakenews from Russia.

You apparently didn't understand the article. From the article
In at least one classified session, Comey cited that intelligence as the primary reason he took the unusual step of publicly announcing the end of the Clinton email probe.
In that briefing, Comey did not even mention the other reason he gave in public testimony for acting independently of the Justice Department -- that Lynch was compromised because Bill Clinton boarded her plane and spoke to her during the investigation, these sources told CNN.

The whole point of the article is that in a classified, closing briefing, he told lawmakers that he made his decision based on the Russian memo, and didn't even mention Lynch and Bill fucking on a plane.

What if Hillary never even had a private email server, and it was actually Russia that set one up, and were rerouting all her classified state department emails to it to set her up! That's why Hillary didn't remember having any classified emails on it...she never did!
What if we hadn't elected an idiot whose people have ties to the country's opposition
That would have been pretty cool

Back