Favorite 30 for 30

Damn that Lenny Bias one was hard. Fucking amazing player and good cat. That pure coca is a bitch. Fish scale.

Depressing time to be a C's fan, Len Bias and then Reggie Lewis. Was born in 89 so I kinda just missed that era.

Depressing time to be a C's fan, Len Bias and then Reggie Lewis. Was born in 89 so I kinda just missed that era.

I remember watching Lewis collapse in that playoff game. That summer he collapsed forever. Sad shit. I take my hat off and bow my head.

Too young.

Anyone here watch 30 for 30 if so what is your favorite?

They are all really good, hard for me to pick a favorite. If i had to it is probably the one about Christian Laettner or the one called the two escobars and i dont even watch soccer.
I honestly don't think I've seen one that a didn't like yet.

He didn't even have to work at it. He just played and it was there.

I think that was one of the main themes of that doc, Buck. Bo could do things that didnt seem humanly possible; that he had more god-given ability than just about any athlete in modern times.

What a shame that he was cut down in his prime by a seemingly innocuous tackle. That not only produces a mythology around him, but also begs the question "what if he did continue for a decade or longer in both sports?". Does his legend grow/diminish?

In any case, Im glad I can go back and watch the highlights.

From Elway to Marino

I think that was one of the main themes of that doc, Buck. Bo could do things that didnt seem humanly possible; that he had more god-given ability than just about any athlete in modern times.

What a shame that he was cut down in his prime by a seemingly innocuous tackle. That not only produces a mythology around him, but also begs the question "what if he did continue for a decade or longer in both sports?". Does his legend grow/diminish?

In any case, Im glad I can go back and watch the highlights.

He should have played football 100%

One and not done

The rest are terrible in comparison

Two Escobars was probably the best imo. The one on Marcus Dupree is really good too

I love 30 for 30.

"The U" Miami story is good. The Fab 5 of Michigan one is cool. OJ of course. The Reggie Miller I liked.

The bicycle 30/30
Slaying-the-Badger_web_3.jpg

Broke and the one on Jimmy Connors was good too.

jimmy-connors.jpg

john-daly.jpg

John Daly: Hit it Hard is my favorite, by far. I'm biased though.

The first ten or so minutes, talking about his win at the 1991 PGA Championship, is something you couldn't even put in a movie...it wouldn't be believable.

I was born in '81, barely remember the glory days. C's would have won so many chips with Bias, it would have been crazy. But anyway, they're really setup well for the future, will probably win a chip within 5 years.

The 30 for 30s sort of all blend in together for me, but I'd say: Without Bias, The Legend of Jimmy The Greek, The U, Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. The New York Knicks, Run Ricky Run, June 17th, 1994, The Two Escobars, Jordan Rides The Bus, Four Days in October, The Fab Five, The Marinovich Project, The Announcement, Broke, Benji, No Más, Big Shot, Youngstown Boys, The Price of Gold, Bad Boys, Playing for the Mob, When The Garden Was Eden, I Hate Christian Laettner, Sole Man, The Prince of Pennsylvania, Fantastic Lies, This Magic Moment, and Believeland stand out to me. I sort of stopped watching after that. I really want to watch OJ: Made in America and Celtics/Lakers: Best of Enemies. If I had to make a top ten of the ones I'd seen, I think it would be:

1. Benji
  2. The Announcement
  3. Broke
  4. The Fab Five
  5. Bad Boys
  6. Playing for the Mob
  7. The Price of Gold
  8. June 17, 1994
  9. Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. The New York Knicks
  10. Run Ricky Run

Back