Fasting (Fasting brahs gtfih)

IMG_1336.JPG

What? I read it wrong? My bad, carry on.....

In the desert. 40 nights, actually.

tenor.gif

So I went on a 5 day fast, because every night I was worn out, simply wasn't hungry and didn't feel like cooking after work and bicycling, and just went to sleep.

During this time I only drank tea and water.

Before the fast, I weighed 178 after sweating out a lot of water from a bike ride, and after eating my meal and drinking water, I'd go up to around 181 or so.

After the 5 days of fasting with nothing but water and tea, I weighed 174 with some water in my system.

I do intermittent fasting normally, and only eat one meal a day around 7pm.

Once I got back to eating dinner, I didn't gorge, over eat, cheat the diet, or eat more than 15 net carbs carbs (I'm on keto)

Here are my calorie counts over the past few days after the fast. I normally keep it at 1500 to 1800 calories per day, but I decided to eat 2000+ to replenish my body after the fast.

Then 1600 last night.

Over the past few days, after a meal and water I have been weighing 186.

If my basal metabolic rate is 2000 calories, I'd only be over base by around 1000 calories.

Even if my basal metabolic rate went to zero because of the fast, and my body didn't burn any of the calories I consumed over the past few days, I'd still have only gained 2.5 pounds of fat...

So I don't understand where all the extra weight is coming from?

It is cool that you have taken this path.

Most people rely on food for just about everything, and I admire your accomplishments. Especially your commitment to monitoring your caloric intake and weight losses..
Your dilemma might be because your body has gotten used to the fasts?

I have suffered the same dilemma many times, stay vigilant, and don't change a thing. your body will adjust.

I go on 3 day fasts all the time and it is just a part of my lifestyle . I enjoy the improvements and the cleansing aspect of the entire process..

Peace Brotha!! Keep up the work!!
giphy.gif

Lol at trying to act alpha in so many threads and your caloric intake is 1500-1800 calories a day why you obsess over weighing 175 lbs.

What the fuck are you talking about moron?

I'm cutting weight and that's my caloric defect to lose weight.

You're a retard.

I'm alpha. Ask your wife.

You're beta following my posts like a little bitch.

Just work out and go back to your normal calorie count.

When you ate only one meal a day did you snack or drink juice throughout the day? The reason I ask is because in did a 10 day fast where I only ate one meal a day (no snacking at all, only water) and by the 8th day I could only eat like 500 calories. My stomach simply shrunk because I wasn't eating for literally 23 1/2 hours a day.

@iWinYouLose

During the fast all I drank was water, tea and coffee with coconut oil.

During a normal IT day, it's the same. Only water, tea, coffee. Nothing else. I used to drink a lot of milk and juice but no more. Too many calories that I'd rather have food in place of.

After the 5 day fast my stomach definitely did shrink though. Could only eat half a plate.

Your caloric intake is way to low. There's a point where too much of a deficit will result in you retaining a lot of water weight. I went through a similar experience recently. Try consuming around 2500 calories a day and make sure you drink a shit load of water. Not enough water will result in more water retention and bloating.

It is cool that you have taken this path.

Most people rely on food for just about everything, and I admire your accomplishments. Especially your commitment to monitoring your caloric intake and weight losses..
Your dilemma might be because your body has gotten used to the fasts?

I have suffered the same dilemma many times, stay vigilant, and don't change a thing. your body will adjust.

I go on 3 day fasts all the time and it is just a part of my lifestyle . I enjoy the improvements and the cleansing aspect of the entire process..

Peace Brotha!! Keep up the work!!
giphy.gif

Thanks for the encouragement brobro

More info is coming out that fasting is very good for you

Your caloric intake is way to low. There's a point where too much of a deficit will result in you retaining a lot of water weight. I went through a similar experience recently. Try consuming around 2500 calories a day and make sure you drink a shit load of water. Not enough water will result in more water retention and bloating.

I already experimented in the beginning with daily intake and I won't lose any weight unless I consume 1800 or less. At least nothing noticeable

Why would low caloric intake cause water retention? Sources?

I drink a ton of healthy fluids.

I drink 10 - 14 cups of purified water every day, 3 - 7 cups of fresh made green/white/black tea every day, and 6 cups of coffee 4 times a week.

I piss a lot.

Last edited:

?

I try to fast at least once a week. Sometimes I go 24-36 hours without eating, sometimes I just go a few days in a row only eating 1000 calories per day.

I've done 3 day fasts before. I've discovered that I need to keep my vitamins, sodium and electrolytes topped up for me to have a good fast. I don't know why and I don't know what specifically in there causes me to have bad fasts.

(Bad fast = weak, dizzy when I stand up. It sounds like low blood pressure to me, so I searched the causes of low BP and found vitamin and salt deficiencies to be leading candidates. I've also found that long periods of training when we're in a heatwave fucks me up the same way, probably because of how much I sweat, so I've had to increase my salt/vitamin intake to ward off weakness and dizziness in that situation as well.)

I've never heard of people retaining water on a fast. I've read that you need to increase your water intake because you're going to urinate more frequently (which is my experience) because your body sheds fluids for some reason.)

Any urges to don a suicide vest, or an overwhelming desire to shout in Arabic? If so please call our hotline at 1 855 555 5555. Don't let Ramadan cramp your style!

This message brought to you by Ramadoneright, your friendly fasting consultants.

Any urges to don a suicide vest, or an overwhelming desire to shout in Arabic? If so please call our hotline at 1 855 555 5555. Don't let Ramadan cramp your style!

This message brought to you by Ramadoneright, your friendly fasting consultants.

A judge in Pakistan just outlawed divorce during Ramadan because everyone's going to be grumpy and making rash decisions.

A judge in Pakistan just outlawed divorce during Ramadan because everyone's going to be grumpy and making rash decisions.
Lol. Good call, but that's treating the symptom not the disease.

Back