Fastest Brown Belt Ever??? 5 months: Justin Flores aka Rousey's Judo Coach.

Boy, all you have to do is see him move to know he's going to crush all but the best.

How many world class top level BJJ could even get him to the ground?...

LOL!

Smart move to promote him to BRB so he has time to absorb the BJJ specific requirements for BB.

It's great to see Santo's giving the nod to a killer practitioner of the father art and bringing the two back together.

I don't understand the complaints. When someone like Roger or Saulo only use old school basics to win tournaments it's amazing jiu jitsu. If a world class judoka applies the same techniques at a brown or black belt level then it's wrong to promote him because he doesn't do teh worm gward. If anything the only reason it took him so long to get promoted was because he didn't know the Gracie headlock escape.

I'm not even sure why it's controversial. I mean if it was some random hobbyist like myself then yes I could see the issue. Just watching about 30 seconds of that highlight video was enough for me. There are times when a fast promotion is warranted and this would be one of them.
Yeah. That video should calm the haters down. The guy is a legit bad ass.

tim kennedy went from white belt to black in a few months but he damn well deserved it in 2011 i trained with him early in the year and he said he didnt have any bjj rankthen months later he was given a black

i have no idea how good justin flores is at bjj, but i don't think it's ridiculous for certain high level judoka to be promoted highly in bjj right off the bat.

a lot of judoka dont have very good ground work, but some specialize in it. Judo and bjj can have a TON of cross over for certain styles. obviously to be promoted to brown in that short of a time would be an extreme case, but i dont think its fundamentally wrong if the person already has the skills of a brown belt.

he was likely tappin black belts to get promoted that quickly.

edit:

read more into the story. he got promoted by 7th degree rickson gracie black belt, fabio santos. lol @ anyone who thinks their opinion is anything here

Last edited:
edit:

read more into the story. he got promoted by 7th degree rickson gracie black belt, fabio santos. lol @ anyone who thinks their opinion is anything here

/thread

Back