Fast food junky, Pans / Worlds prep

Well, it's time to get back into this. I was laid off last month, so Worlds is out. Argh. Plus side is I have a ton of time to train now. I'm going re-start this to help get myself back on track.

I know I need to eat more veggies. I actually purchased a farm share with a local certified organic farm. Cost $575 and doesn't start until June, but I'll get between 8 and 20 lbs of fresh veggies every week for 20 weeks. Should be interesting.

I'm currently at 164 lbs (5'11). For supplements I currently take multivitamins, protein, 3g of fish oil, and am adding creatine (hopefully I won't add a ton of water weight -- I have a local tourny next month).

I've been training BJJ 4 or 5 days a week, judo 1 day a week, yoga 1 or 2 days a week, and am going to start doing Crossfit a couple days a week (my BJJ and judo classes generally don't have demanding warmups -- we are expected to work out on our own time). The Crossfit gym I'm interested in does Olympic lifting (low reps, not high reps) a couple days a week, so I'll probably try and hit those.

11 am: Protein bar (10g fat, 47g carb, 31g protein) and some Gatorade before heading out to work out

12-1 pm: Crossfit (Kettlebell) class

1:30 pm: 2 scoops of whey with 2 cups of milk

2:30 pm: Tuna sandwich, and a small salad

7 pm: 6 oz lean (top round) steak, spinach salad (with tomatoes, some croutons, a sliced hardboiled egg, and light ranch), and a glass of milk

9 am: Half cup of steel cut oatmeal, ~teaspoon of brown sugar, two hard boiled eggs.

12 - 1:30 pm: Trained BJJ

1:30 pm: Banana, protein bar, and iced coffee from McDonalds

3:30 pm: Steak wrap (thanks to Oblivion for the idea... Top round steak, onion, green pepper, cooked in olive oil, over a bed of spinach on a whole grain [12g fiber] wrap, topped with diced tomatoes and light ranch) and a protein shake (2 cups milk, 2 scoops whey)

IMAG0251.jpg

5:30 pm: Half a cup of plain low fat greek yogurt, 1/4th cup of blueberries, 1 banana, granola, and honey. Mmmm.

IMAG0254.jpg

8 pm: 5 oz of tuna with light mayo on whole grain bread and a slice of low fat lorraine cheese, one hard boiled egg, handful of baby carrots

Last edited:
10:30 am: Protein shake (2 scoops whey, 2 cups 1/2% milk), 1/4 cup steel cut oats with some brown sugar

3 pm: ~6 oz top round steak cooked with olive oil, spinach salad with 2 hard boiled eggs, tomatos, a few croutons, and light italian dressing

4 pm: Banana

6 pm: Homemade turkey chili (ground turkey, olive oil, prepared kidney beans, can of unsalted diced tomatos, onions, green peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, spices, a teaspoon of salt), a bit of cheese and sour cream

8 pm: Large non-fat mocha from Seattles Best

10 pm: Peanut butter (no-salt/sugar added) and light preserves on whole wheat bread, glass of 1/2% milk

Last edited:
Yesterday:

Was injured a few days ago and am still pretty sore, so I'm taking a few days off from training.

11 am: Protein shake (2 scoops whey, 2 cups 1/2% milk), 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/4th cup of oatmeal with a bit of brown sugar

2 pm: Mocha, no whip

3 pm: Hummus and two pieces of pita

6 pm: Turkey sandwich (two slices of whole grain bread, some light mayo)

Yesterday:

8 am: Egg and spinach in a whole grain wrap. Glass of milk.

10 am: A bit of humas and pita

12 pm: Peanut butter (no salt/sugar added) and light preserves on whole grain bread. Glass of milk.

6 pm: Easter dinner at the in-laws... Was starving. Almost had some of the kielbasa that was set out as appetizers... almost. Had a couple slices of ham, green bean casserole, a couple rolls, mashed potatoes (likely loaded with butter and salt), a slice of cheesecake, and some whipped cream / pudding dessert thing.

10 am: Half a cup of oatmeal with some brown sugar. Protein shake with two scoops of whey and two cups of 1/2% milk.

12 pm: A bit of humas and pita (I really need a food processor so I can make my own humas...)

4 pm: Wife talked me into pizza. 4 slices of pepperoni pizza with light cheese from Papa Johns, 3 breadsticks.

And I felt like crap the rest of the day. :-/

Last edited:
Today, so far:

11 am: Bagel with light cream cheese. Thirsty as $#*( ... Downed a gatorade. Probably don't need any more salt, but oh well.

2 pm: Turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with a slice of low fat lorraine cheese and light mayo.

5 pm: 6 oz steak with a spinach salad, with a sliced hard boiled egg and low fat ranch dressing.

Back