Fashion designer uses only Asian models at New York Fashion Week show

I agree that it's not malicious. And while Indians do not consider themselves part of East Asians, they do consider themselves Asian - Southeast Asian.

And, yes, my wife refers to herself as Asian, SEA. She's the one who brought it to my attention - threw me off the 1st time she did it.

Wow, I've never heard that.

I always thought the most appropriate breakdown of the huge category of "Asian" was like this:

East Asian- China, Japan, Taiwan, the Koreas

SE Asian- Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Philippines, etc.

South Asian- India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka

Central Asia- Kazakstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, etc.

Any grouping is going leave certain groups and people in limbo but this breakdown is the best. An Indian being grouped with Vietnamese and Laotian people just doesn't make sense to me.

Most of East Indians genetically are closer to White people. They identify more with White people physically than they do other Asians. They don't have a bamboo ceiling like East and South East Asians do. They can go farther in America than their Asian peers. They are brown skin not yellow. They have little to no Mongoloid genes. Samoans, Filipinos, heck even native Americans may not be considered East Asians, but they at least have some Mongoloid genetics. It's like labeling Middle-Easterners Black, because some of their Countries are in Africa, better yet, imagine White South Africans being labeled African-American in America? That just don't happen. It's unfair labeling, that only applies to Asians. America has a race base class divide that's bigger than what's generally perceived in the Media. I honestly don't care about equality, I just don't like liars, and the American Media is the biggest, fattest liar of them all.

Exactly, the term Asian as it refers to East Asians is a term that was given to us, we didn't demand it. Asians didn't come to the west and say "Hey all you fuckers, we're the real asians, you will refer to only us as asians and not middle easterners and Indians".

In the UK asian often refers to South Asians, if some south asian designer wants to put all south asians in her show nobody fucking cares.

The designer said she wants to represent diversity of looks of asians, not asia the continent. Shes simply using the words and most commonly used phrases thats present in society. Its a stupid question and argument or fucking semantics of all things. Fucking retarded.

TS has a hate boner for asians anyways, don't buy his outrage. Fake black liberal cries about racism against dark skins yet the hypocrite literally said in a previous thread that it would be perfectly reasonable for white and black Americans to discriminate and be prejudiced against Asian and Indian Americans.

These fake libs always stick together, interesting that guys like Pan always agree with this garbage in the OP yet the OP literally believes his wife should be discriminated against because shes Indian.

Hypocrites, the lot of them. Aren't they?

I said that the Ancestral South Indian cluster is not closely related to any other cluster but it is closer to East Asians than Ancestral North Indian is to East Asians.
that’s a stretch and you know it. Everyone once came from Africa, so let’s all be called black. You keep living in denial bro, that spotlight must feel good.

that’s a stretch and you know it. Everyone once came from Africa, so let’s all be called black. You keep living in denial bro, that spotlight must feel good.
It's not a stretch; I am just repeating what population geneticists have said. It's not my opinion . Distance between population clusters is part of the science of population genetics.

I just took like 30 seconds to look at some of the models and several of them were darker skinned Asians and they have all different types of features.

Is there anything you guys won't complain about?

Sorry but no Asia Carrera or Katsumi body types.....I am disappoint!!!!!!1

Exactly, the term Asian as it refers to East Asians is a term that was given to us, we didn't demand it. Asians didn't come to the west and say "Hey all you fuckers, we're the real asians, you will refer to only us as asians and not middle easterners and Indians".

In the UK asian often refers to South Asians, if some south asian designer wants to put all south asians in her show nobody fucking cares.

The designer said she wants to represent diversity of looks of asians, not asia the continent. Shes simply using the words and most commonly used phrases thats present in society. Its a stupid question and argument or fucking semantics of all things. Fucking retarded.

TS has a hate boner for asians anyways, don't buy his outrage. Fake black liberal cries about racism against dark skins yet the hypocrite literally said in a previous thread that it would be perfectly reasonable for white and black Americans to discriminate and be prejudiced against Asian and Indian Americans.

These fake libs always stick together, interesting that guys like Pan always agree with this garbage in the OP yet the OP literally believes his wife should be discriminated against because shes Indian.

I'm a lawyer, semantics matter to me. And what exactly did I agree with other than the specific statement that the range of Asian was narrow in presentation? I never agreed that it was important and in multiple posts I stated that it was unimportant. So, instead of talking about "guys like me, you can talk specifically about what I stated in this thread.

It's not a stretch; I am just repeating what population geneticists have said. It's not my opinion . Distance between population clusters is part of the science of population genetics.
not my opinion either, we're all Blacks now buddy, time for unity.

I didn't say any such thing, you are just pissed off that some Asians get called out on their racism, which incidentally is against other Asians. Hypocrisy is how the MidEast, South and East Asia excoriate the West on its racism but ignore or sweep under the rug their own racism , which is worse.

Also how in the holy eff did you conjure up the notion I am in favor of discrimination against E. Indians.

The designer is from NZ, so no reason to assume she is going by purely American notions of what "Asian" denotes. And even if she did, East Indians do get classified as "Asian" in the US. The vast majority of government forms I have seen does not have a separate South Asian category. The Asian American NGO in the US includes South Asians.

If an East Indian designer were to feature only South Asian models, as a proactive means of getting Westerners to recognize diversity of South Asians but did not include the indigenous phenotype South Asians, then I would do the same thing, i.e. point out the racial bias of the designer.

I'm a lawyer, semantics matter to me. And what exactly did I agree with other than the specific statement that the range of Asian was narrow in presentation? I never agreed that it was important and in multiple posts I stated that it was unimportant. So, instead of talking about "guys like me, you can talk specifically about what I stated in this thread.

Fair enough, I see you agreeing with TS alot in other threads as well on similar topics, just letting you know he has expressed explicit anti-asian views in the past so his motives may not be sincere.

And if semantics are important to you then you should recognize that the designer was obviously referring to Asians as a racial group, not the geographical expression of Asia.

An example I would give is this: say that the term black was never used to describe black people but rather we just used the term African to describe all black people. In this alternate reality, say an African/Black designer from America said she wanted to show the diversity of Africans, but it was obvious to everyone she meant the racial grouping and not the geographical expression. Should she be criticized for not including Arab Africans even if everyone understood she wasn't referring to the continent but rather the racial category.

I didn't say any such thing, you are just pissed off that some Asians get called out on their racism, which incidentally is against other Asians. Hypocrisy is how the MidEast, South and East Asia excoriate the West on its racism but ignore or sweep under the rug their own racism , which is worse.

Also how in the holy eff did you conjure up the notion I am in favor of discrimination against E. Indians.

The designer is from NZ, so no reason to assume she is going by purely American notions of what "Asian" denotes. And even if she did, East Indians do get classified as "Asian" in the US. The vast majority of government forms I have seen does not have a separate South Asian category. The Asian American NGO in the US includes South Asians.

If an East Indian designer were to feature only South Asian models, as a proactive means of getting Westerners to recognize diversity of South Asians but did not include the indigenous phenotype South Asians, then I would do the same thing, i.e. point out the racial bias of the designer.

Listen bud, you know you said it and I know you said it. I'm gonna let you save some face here and not dig up the post because:

A) I don't like snooping around in other peoples profiles. But if you keep insisting on denying it and give me permission to check post history, I can find it in a few minutes, I even remember the thread topic.

B) It sounds to me your already a bit embarrased by what you wrote, hopefully you've learned from it and change your racist attitude.

And no generally speaking Asians from Asia do not ''excoriate'' the west for racism, for the most part they are ignorant to things going on in America, its not even on their radar. What you're likely referring to and evident by your past racist posts is you don't like it when Asian Americans complain about racism against them because Asian nations are racist. This is racist for several reasons, you don't see them as Americans because of their race and physical appearance. They may have been born here and have nothing to do with Asia yet you only see the race, the color. Thats racist.

Only in the UK do they specifically use the term asian to refer to south asians, NZ uses more similar terms as the rest of the english speaking world and Asian 99% of the time refers to East Asians.

If your co-worker came up to you and said we hired a new employee and you asked for a description, and she said; Asian woman with short hair. What comes to your fucking mind, its not an Indian woman for 99% of the western world, they're going to picture an east asian so cut the crap.

We never asked for the specific term, it was given to us. And its irrelevant whether the official classification is asian for indians. Russians are asian too then, so are middle easterners. Why aren't you complaining about the lack of Siberians? or Iranians?

In Asian languages we have our own separate words to describe the racial expression of East Asian/Mongoloid type peoples and the geographical expression of Asia the continent, so this problem and confusion doesn't occur. Back in the day they used the word Oriental to differentiate but thats not PC anymore. So the problem is really the english language itself and how the majority perceives the meaning of words like Asian. So come up with new words and make people use them, or else stupid arguments like this keep coming up.

Last edited:
I choose to identify with my Neanderthal ancestors !
You know what, I"m tired of this, @TemujinKhan I'm going all out today. Blacks are more privileged than Yellow people, Hispanics, Islanders, East Indians, Native Americans, Middle-Easterners, in America today. They are closer to White status in America than anyone. When are you guys going to get over this victim mentality? I'm calling out everybody. America is a fake sham of a society. Fake Race Preference society. I'm fucking living in the land of illusions, and everyone is living in denial, brainwashed.

And no generally speaking Asians from Asia do not ''excoriate'' the west for racism, for the most part they are ignorant to things going on in America, its not even on their radar. What you're likely referring to and evident by your past racist posts is you don't like it when Asian Americans complain about racism against them because Asian nations are racist. This is racist for several reasons, you don't see them as Americans because of their race and physical appearance. They may have been born here and have nothing to do with Asia yet you only see the race, the color. Thats racist.
That's a great point I've never considered but rings true on hindsight. I've noticed right wingers jump on any discussion of discrimination against Asian-Americans with the ol' "but Asian nations have racist policies" card to discredit any attempt by Asian-Americans to combat discrimination here. And then the Uncle Chans will support those claims with anecdotes about how racist their uncle is or some shit.

Listen bud, you know you said it and I know you said it. I'm gonna let you save some face here and not dig up the post because:

A) I don't like snooping around in other peoples profiles. But if you keep insisting on denying it and give me permission to check post history, I can find it in a few minutes, I even remember the thread topic.

B) It sounds to me your already a bit embarrased by what you wrote, hopefully you've learned from it and change your racist attitude.

Only in the UK do they specifically use the term asian to refer to south asians, NZ uses more similar terms as the rest of the english speaking world and Asian 99% of the time refers to East Asians.

If your co-worker came up to you and said we hired a new employee and you asked for a description, and she said; Asian woman with short hair. What comes to your fucking mind, its not an Indian woman for 99% of the western world, they're going to picture an east asian so cut the crap.

We never asked for the specific term, it was given to us. And its irrelevant whether the official classification is asian for indians. Russians are asian too then, so are middle easterners. Why aren't you complaining about the lack of Siberians? or Iranians?

In Asian languages we have our own separate words to describe the racial expression of East Asian/Mongoloid type peoples and the geographical expression of Asia the continent, so this problem and confusion doesn't occur. Back in the day they used the word Oriental to differentiate but thats not PC anymore. So the problem is really the english language itself and how the majority perceives the meaning of words like Asian. So come up with new words and make people use them, or else stupid arguments like this keep coming up.

Show the post or walk back your lie.
I didn't say it, you invented it.

I am talking about Asians in America and this designer did her show in America , in NYC. What I am pointing out is that there is an entrenched bias against dark skin / dark skinned South East Asians in East Asia . So this designer should have featured some, as she is taking a stand in support of diversity.

You are saying the British definition of Asian shouldn't matter but since East Indians are also classified as Asian in America, she could have featured some, but it is her neglect at featuring dark South East Asians, that I am most pointing out. In my posts I am not devoting my focus on her not featuring South Asians , my primary focus is the lack of dark South East Asians. East Timor is a sizeable part of Asia, but I never inserted them into the O.P. because odds are that modelling is essentially non-existent amongst Melanesians.

Iranians and Russians are classified as White. Siberians, if they are East Asiatic, would likely come under "Asian".

And while in East Asia as a whole South Asians are not even 1% of the pop, they do make up a significant minority in Singapore and Malaysia.

Last edited:
That's a great point I've never considered but rings true on hindsight. I've noticed right wingers jump on any discussion of discrimination against Asian-Americans with the ol' "but Asian nations have racist policies" card to discredit any attempt by Asian-Americans to combat discrimination here. And then the Uncle Chans will support those claims with anecdotes about how racist their uncle is or some shit.
Alt-Rightwingers also see East Asians, specifically North East Asians, as allies ; against the Black and Brown 'hordes'. They will talk positively of East Asians vis-a-vis attacking Blacks . When Japan picked a half Black Half Japanese woman as Miss Japan, our nationalist rightwing were peeved, speaking derisively of the decision.

Alt-Rightwingers also see East Asians, specifically North East Asians, as allies ; against the Black and Brown 'hordes'. They will talk positively of East Asians vis-a-vis attacking Blacks . When Japan picked a half Black Half Japanese woman as Miss Japan, our nationalist rightwing were peeved, speaking derisively of the decision.
I have actually seen comments from white men voicing outrage when an Asian woman dates a black man as if they were betrayed. Can you believe this entitlement? /pol is infested with these weaboo incels who despise all nonwhite men and feminist western women. Basically @Devout Pessimists

I have actually seen comments from white men voicing outrage when an Asian woman dates a black man as if they were betrayed. Can you believe this entitlement? /pol is infested with these weaboo incels who despise all nonwhite men and feminist western women. Basically @Devout Pessimists

Yeah I have seen plenty of comments on Alt-Right forums expressing strong displeasure at stories like the one about the half Black Miss Japan ; they speak as if they are Nationalist rightwing Japanese. These alt-Righties also are besides themselves with glee when they read about Asians verbally or physically attacking Blacks.

John Derbyshire is a well known and respect WNist who married a Chinese or Taiwanese woman. He has concocted this idiotic concept of Sun people and Ice people, where the later is composed of Europeans and North East Asians, and the former are Africans, South Asians , brown Hispanics and MidEasterners. He sees the world as a struggle/fight between the glorious and righteous Ice people against the hordes of Sun people. Derbyshire used to write for National Review.

Back