Fake BJJ Red Belt?

Mrjuanism

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I just wanted some info on this red belt that I've seen on youtube. His name doesn't come up in any list of the red belts. I figured since there are so few of them his name should be there right?

(by the way title was just joking. I am not questioning his belt just wondered why he didn't come up. Figured a good title would get people to comment lol)

Maybe he's part of a BJJ organisation that isn't Gracie related.

Wikipedia says that he has his own Bjj federation.

Hmmm. I've rolled with some blue belts that could be red belts in that system. What's after red?

Red lol

Only Gracie gods are reds and rightfully so

Heard many claiming black belts but not red

I am not that knowledgeable when it comes to BJJ, but I would imagine that a Red Belt would be hard to fake, being that there are so few of them. If someone was parading around Brazil with a Red Belt on who was not deserving of that rank I am sure there would be a line 10 miles long of people who would be calling him a fraud. Being that there is not, I am going to guess that he and his federation are legit.

Red lol

Only Gracie gods are reds and rightfully so

Heard many claiming black belts but not red

There are several non-Gracie reds but I believe they're 9th degrees, the 10th degree the Gracies seem to have reserved for themselves. By what right I don't know. But then these belts are not about your technical skill but more honorary anyway.

http://www.bjjheroes.com/tag/bjj-red-belts

Rightfully so? What makes them any better than Fadda or other people that just weren't as good at marketing?

Because they created the rules of their own federation that recognise their red belt. Lol

Back