Fairtex thigh pad

DoctorTaco

Breadhead
@Gold
Reaction score
Fairtex-Thigh-Pads-863x516.png

Does anyone have any experience wih wearing these as a pad holder? I've been using one on my lead leg and my clients really like being able to blast leg kicks at full power. I've seen other respected trainers using them (coach kirian from CSA comes to mind) and it's a great tool for the box, but I had some questions.

1. If I don't wear an extra pad under it, my leg bruises up pretty good. It's not sore so the bruising is all surface, but still. Looks gnarly.

2. The waist strap/top of the pad hits me in the beans on inside kicks so I've started wearing a cup with it. Still not pleasant.

Anyone else have similar issues?

Eventually the bruising may go away as your legs condition to the kicks. I know guys here in BKK that I can literally leg kick over and over and I get tired before their thighs give up. How long have you been using the pads for?

They do have a new model but the model you have has slightly more padding.

I havent used them, but I have kicked them. They were already heavily used when I was kicking them, but they hurt the trainers legs and I had to kick them softly. I think they are a great tool.

top king tried to make a belly pad thigh pad combo which i purchased. The thigh pads are no good at all.

Would love to have one, but find them too expensive. So when i train at my place, we use a TKD kicking shield. You just hold it with one hand over the thighs, and you have your other hand with a boxing or MT pad. Obviously the thigh pads gives you a lot more freedom for combos etc, but it's not a very bad compromise...and you still get to use a TKD shield for the other kind of kicks. I find it a lot more practical for heavy teeps, or any kind of straight kick than the PAOs...

Back