FACT: Chad Mendes has higher takedown accuracy than Khabib

Which one got KO'd by Frankie Edgar in the first round?

Chain wrestler vs regular wrestler
180lbs vs 160lbs
LW vs FW
5'10 vs 5'5
Full Camp vs No Camp

And it's not as if Chad didn't take McGregor down. He did, with ease. If Khabib is just as successful in that department, it's over.

Really drives home just how useless these stats are.
We're also comparing different weight classes. Imagine comparing a LW wrestler's TD stats to a WW wrestlers stats around 2009 when GSP, Fitch, Kos, etc. were all in their primes at WW. Two very different divisions.

And your point is that Khabib is animagi?

My point is that Khabib is going to maul Conor.

If you prefer...

image.gif

FACT: Conors average fight time is 8:08 whilst Khabibs is 13:31.

Khabib is an expert at prolonging fights, Conor finishes them.

Conor Round 1 KO

Fact: Conor has lost 3 times, Khabib is undefeated

Conor is a semi expert at losing some fights, Khabib wins them all

Fact: Conor has lost 3 times, Khabib is undefeated

Conor is a semi expert at losing some fights, Khabib wins them all
Conor has faced elite competition, khabib has beaten bums and real estate agents

Conor was a killer against the smaller guys. I think we are going to find he will be a little less outstanding when facing guys his own size.

Khabib is huge compared to Chad so that makes a difference. All these facts won't mean a thing once Khabib gets his mitts on Conor.

I don't see why people are trying every angle possible to convince people that Khabibs wrestling won't be a factor in this fight. Khabibs wrestling has been a factor in every fight and it's not like all of his past opponents had no idea how to deal with wrestling, they just had no answer for his wrestling.

Conor gasses, Khabib grinds. Do the math. All the dedicated fan talk aside, if your life truly depended on it, who would be your safe bet to have their hand raised. I wouldn't bet my life on a punchers chance in the first couple rounds.

Khabib's takedown's usually come from backing his opponent into the fence so perhaps he's hoping this is the fight where Conor doesn't circle or use his footwork.
Conor has terrible lateral movement and pivots. He looks awkward as hell when he circles {see second Diaz fight). Conor moves backwards and forward very well, but you need good lateral movement against Khabib, and Conor doesn't have that

So,TS figured it out.
No need for them to fight

what do Denis Silver and Nate Diaz have in common? They both offer more then the threat of the take down!

Listen Diaz has world class boxing and world class BJJ, as well as a large frame and granite chin

Denis Siver has Worldclass kickboxing, speed and is relatively short, making it much easier to duck beneath Conor's punches, plus his striking is good enough to keep Conor guessing

Khabib is slow, flat footed, has little to no striking and offers no threat besides a take down

Khabib is really in for a rude awakening come oct 6th
And this will make you think after Khabib tous with your boy Oct 6

fact connor is champ champ.

knocking out both reigning champs in short order

kabob is only champ

and he beat a real estate agent to accomplish this feat.
Fact is Conor is a double stripped champ and Khabib is the current champ

I cant wait for this fight to be over so there will be other shit to read about on here.

I wonder what their average time in top control per takedown is.

Doesn't matter much if you have more takedowns if your opponent gets up faster.
(Not saying that's the case with Mendes though... only that in general people care far too much about the takedown count and not enough about the results each takedown gives you )

Those stats don't equal facts. Not enough of a sample size. Khabib could still have higher takedown accuracy despite those stats.

Khabib's initial shot is irrelevant. It's about the chain of subsequent takedowns.

He'll also abandon TD attempts if he's made contact and can control his opponent against the fence.

This is one of the examples of stats being misleading or meaningless in a given situation.

Back