Fabricio Werdum suspended by USADA for 2 years (positive for Trenbolone)

Not sure how new this is, but I found it relevant to the UFC HW discussion. With Dana rolling Roid Lesnar back out for another undeserved title fight, how do you feel about USADA popping Werdum and giving him a two year stint?

For Werdum, its a career-killer. He's already into his 40's and a two year ban really derails any chance of a comeback. And even if he does, he'll be a stained fighter.

Does this also take some of the lustre off that epic Fedor win? I say some, because while some may say that Silva beat him next, eventually he was also proven to use banned subs too. With the HW division void of a dominant champion and talent? Does it even matter now?

SOSS: http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...ded-2-years-testing-positive-banned-substance

Already a huge thread on this.

Edit: wasn't on first 2 pages so cbf looking for link lol.

He’s no longer relevant where title prospects are concerned; hopefully this forces the brass to seek out some new talent for the division, or puts the momentum in that direction at the very least.

Its obvious werdum was clean for the fedor fight. If anything this positive test only hurts fedors legacy even more sadly

fedorgrip.gif

Already a huge thread on this.

Edit: wasn't on first 2 pages so cbf looking for link lol.

Was gonna say I did look and didn't see anything new with his name on it, although I admit I didn't search very deep. Well, shit. Sorry for the repost, I don't start many threads for that very reason.

Super old but I love how guy's like Jones always get a slap on the wrist and Werdum gets 2 years and Machida got 18 months for DHEA.

People really think werdum is in the running for heavy weight goat?

Since when?

It takes no luster off of the Fedor win. I like Fedor but people have to eventually acknowledge that age is a thing. Fedor got reckless and it cost him, same as with the Henderson fight, or even the Mitrione fight. Fighters that catch onto the recklessness are able to take advantage of it if they don't get flatlined.

Know what the funny thing is? Werdum made the EXACT same mistake when he underestimated his opponent and ran face first into that Hydrogen bomb that Stipe threw and lost his title. Happens to everyone.

Not sure why anyone is shocked. In his fight against Tybura (at the age of 40...) he had the gas tank of a 25 year old. I watched that fight and thought, no friggin way was he not juicing. He literally ran circles around Tybura for 25 minutes.

Sorry but 40 year old heavyweight fighters carrying that much flab do not have that kind of gas tank.

You’re being intentionally misleading, or you’re just a dumbass.

Let me explain to you how it works.
Water. You can take it orally. You can also inject water.
See? Same with plenty of other substances

For Werdum, its a career-killer. He's already into his 40's and a two year ban really derails any chance of a comeback. And even if he does, he'll be a stained fighter.

Stained in the UFC? The UFC were a lifelong roid abuser like Lesnar now gets annother title shot out of a PED ban? He can always go the Lesnar route it seems. Take PED like Candy and have annother "last" match at 42 were he may very well be even more fit than before.

If they dont test him while he is banned he definitely will take PEDs.

Back