Fabricio Werdum still thinks he should be next in line for title: 'I deserve this'

Seriously, I’m not being a dick here (but I was in my last post) watch the fight again if you haven’t seen it in awhile.

Werdum has Stipe backing up and just started charging and throwing. With zero regard for defense. He literally ran into Stipe’s punch.

It was just pure stupid overconfidence on Werdum’s part. I think the way he ran through Cain had gone to his head.

And again, im not saying Werdum is a lock to win the rematch, or even favored, but he’s a solid striker with a good ground game, it is an interesting fight. Probably the most interesting fight at heavyweight right now with the current roster.
That's not unusual for werdum though. He never has great defense, he just plants his feet and churns away

All depends on when Stipe plans to fight again... Think Werdum has a decent claim at a title shot. Only top Heavyweight on a decent streak. But if not. A #1 contender match...

That's not unusual for werdum though. He never has great defense, he just plants his feet and churns away

You’re right but I think Werdum is inconsistent. He was definitely not fucking around defensively when he fought Cain. In fact his boxing looked pretty sharp.

He’s also not very consistent about what kind of shape he comes in.

Stylistically I'd rather see Werdum vs Ngannou and Stipe vs Cain. Not that Cain deserves another title shot given his injury woes.

He would be humilated in a worse way than he was infront of his crowd in Brasil.
Im expecting either a KO again or a Mark Hunt level beating by Stipe.
First time will be hard to top. Be impressive as fuck and a huge statement if stipe does it even better the second time around

If Stipe's win over Werdum should be nullified because of a tactical error, then so should Werdum's win over Fedor.

“The UFC said nothing yet, but I think I’m the next one,” Werdum told reporters backstage. “I deserve this. Not just because of my last fights. But (I’ve been fighting) for 20 years. I’ve (been fighting) for a long. I think I deserve it. My goal is to put one more belt on my wall. I have two. The third one (is) coming, for sure.”

“100 percent, I will be a champion this year again …” Werdum said. “I know Stipe Miocic. I respect him. I like him. He doesn’t say nothing like bad things. He’s a nice guy, for sure. But, 100 percent: When I fought him before, I (lost). I lost (to) myself. I lost (to) me. Because of a lot of things. This time – 100 percent, he’s a good fighter. But 100 percent, I beat him. I saw this today. I’m feeling this.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/ex-cha...ould-be-next-in-line-for-title-i-deserve-this
I mean, who else is left?

You’re right but I think Werdum is inconsistent. He was definitely not fucking around defensively when he fought Cain. In fact his boxing looked pretty sharp.

He’s also not very consistent about what kind of shape he comes in.
The difference with cain is cain was pressing forward and walking into his straight punches. Even then it was hardly a defense master on display.

If we're nullifying wins based off errors, then every fucking win ever should be nullified.
I wouldn't go that far, but it's basically the point. Werdum saying "I beat myself by running into that punch" would be like Fedor saying "I beat myself by jumping into his guard". Nobody around here tries to discredit Werdum's win over Fedor. Nor should anyone discredit Stipe's win over Werdum. You can argue all day about who would win a rematch, but both those fights were in no way ambiguous or controversial.

Man we need some new blood. If Blaydes makes it past hunt, give it to him.

Also volkov is a possibility.

Sign minakov as well.

“The UFC said nothing yet, but I think I’m the next one,” Werdum told reporters backstage. “I deserve this. Not just because of my last fights. But (I’ve been fighting) for 20 years. I’ve (been fighting) for a long. I think I deserve it. My goal is to put one more belt on my wall. I have two. The third one (is) coming, for sure.”

“100 percent, I will be a champion this year again …” Werdum said. “I know Stipe Miocic. I respect him. I like him. He doesn’t say nothing like bad things. He’s a nice guy, for sure. But, 100 percent: When I fought him before, I (lost). I lost (to) myself. I lost (to) me. Because of a lot of things. This time – 100 percent, he’s a good fighter. But 100 percent, I beat him. I saw this today. I’m feeling this.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/ex-cha...ould-be-next-in-line-for-title-i-deserve-this
No you dont werdum. you should fight sea level cain. then the winner gets stipe.
or fight ngannou.

I wouldn't go that far, but it's basically the point. Werdum saying "I beat myself by running into that punch" would be like Fedor saying "I beat myself by jumping into his guard". Nobody around here tries to discredit Werdum's win over Fedor. Nor should anyone discredit Stipe's win over Werdum. You can argue all day about who would win a rematch, but both those fights were in no way ambiguous or controversial.

I don’t think anyone is trying to nullify Stipe’s win. Just pointing out that a rematch with Werdum is probably the most interesting fight for him right now.

I had him beating REEM in 1st and 3rd so imho, he's on a short list right now..
After watching fight again, that fight was Werdum win or a draw at best.

Yeah, I'd say no one else is really in line for a shot, it might as well be Werdum.
This. Cain is still getting into form so just give Werdum the shot. Plus, every other heavyweight champ had a rematch <{outtahere}>

Back