Extra grip/support from boxing shoes for Connor?

777R

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Since mixed martial artists develop their striking skills and punching power without the assistance of the grip/support of boxing shoes, will Connor have much crisper and powerful punches with shoes than he normally does without shoes?

Seems like extra grip could generate much more power with your feet planted
(not sliding around) underneath you.

Because we haven't seen a UFC champion in this type of competition before, I think it will be interesting to see what kind of strikes a UFC champion can generate with shoes.

Remember the insane power Rampage produced on that TV show "Sports Science" without shoes? Wonder how much more it could be with shoes?

Thoughts?

he can run around in the ring as in running away

Connor isnt a power puncher , hes a counter puncher so taking away his movement and range would hurt him

standing and banging isnt his style and would be a bigger disaster against floyd

plus he plants his feet floyd being the better boxer steps on his feet by "accident" destroying connors movement and power and getting a couple nice shots in

Is Conor training his movement in those shoes? That can be a factor.

Hard to imagine it increasing his power by less than 9000.

He must be training with the boxing shoes obviously. Why would he prepare for a boxing contest without shoes?

Hasn't fought in a ring though.
He fights in a ring everyday at the gym. He also spars in boxing shoes and has been for ages. I remember Nick Diaz saying how Luke Rockhold was a dork for training boxing in barefeet but Conor and Masvidal did it the right way, with the whole boxing get up on Lol.

Boxing sheos have alot of traction and are very light. They will probably even improve his balance. Hes gonna wear these reebok ones which i heard are very nice.
BD1348_01.jpg

Not gonna help him though hes in a mismatch.

Personally I feel a huge fucking difference while boxing without shoes in a cage. Been boxing for many years and only started training mma fpr real this year. I become a worse boxer in many ways without shoes. It just feels weird.

It's not going to factor much in a real fight with a very experienced guy like floyd. He might have sparred in a ring before but he doesn't have the experience of a real 12 round boxing fight, how to pace 12 rounds etc. He's also more used to cage generalship not the ring. The corners are different and ropes make a difference. The weight transfer and distribution is all different in the ring.

Omg he's never worn boxing shoes before! He's probably never been in a ring either!!!

This is how he spars all the fucking time
conor-mcgregor-boxing-video-sparring-session2.jpg

I think he means hasn't fought "professionally " in a ring...with an undefeated champion.

Personally I feel a huge fucking difference while boxing without shoes in a cage. Been boxing for many years and only started training mma fpr real this year. I become a worse boxer in many ways without shoes. It just feels weird.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how it all comes together in the ring.

Conor would need the obsidian boots of gondor with,
+15 str
+ 12 sta
+6 wis
-8 cha
To stand a chance in hell of winning......

Back