Explain to a dumb person the relationship between USA and Israel

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what is the leverage that Israel has over the USA?

Are they just an ally, in the sense of, they are the USAs number one guy I’m the Middle East supporting U.S interests?

Is it because of wealthy and powerful Jewish people in the USA who are sympathetic?

Help me understand.

Right wingers, both Jewish and Christian, want to rebuild the temple mount, where many evangelicals believe this will cause the rapture. And more general bronze age nonsense. That is why.

Right wingers, both Jewish and Christian, want to rebuild the temple mount, where many evangelicals believe this will cause the rapture. And more general bronze age nonsense. That is why.

Wow bronze!

what is the leverage that Israel has over the USA?

Are they just an ally, in the sense of, they are the USAs number one guy I’m the Middle East supporting U.S interests?

Is it because of wealthy and powerful Jewish people in the USA who are sympathetic?

Help me understand.

MOSSAD

I have to ask.

Do you know most right-wing Christians from sensationalist blogs and click baiting news reports on far out cults?

In my travels and where I have lived geographically I have known, person to person, dozens of right-wing evangelicals and have never heard this viewpoint.

(I would mention that I have read quite a bit of religious literature and this point is not popular or made in anything mainstream.)

I'm sure it exists, but is definitely not anywhere near the mainstream of conservative believers.

the U.S. taxpayer gives them billions of dollars in aid each year that comes back in the form of kickbacks to crooked politicians.

it's a win win situation for the 1%

The United States just loves the middle East for some reason

The Middle East has been volatile forever. Israel now being funded by us gives us a strategic advantage and a good base of operations while allowing us to have some form of hold on the region.

We have other military bases and we constantly supply those who want to take the fight to those against the interest of the USA. It's a multilayered system in case shit hits the fan.

Shitty recap of a shitty article by washington post

I have to ask.

Do you know most right-wing Christians from sensationalist blogs and click baiting news reports on far out cults?

In my travels and where I have lived geographically I have known, person to person, dozens of right-wing evangelicals and have never heard this viewpoint.

(I would mention that I have read quite a bit of religious literature and this point is not popular or made in anything mainstream.)

I'm sure it exists, but is definitely not anywhere near the mainstream of conservative believers.

He's quoting a washington post article. Some nerd decided to bring that up with a debate with me yesterday, almost verbatim and I called them out on their bullshit. I asked where they got that BS from and they told me Washington Post, I checked it. It's all horse shit.

Meaning the USA wants to back Israel because they oppose the bad guys,

Meaning Iran, Isis, and other enemies of America in the region?

Iran has probably killed more ISIS fighters in Syria and Iraq, then the US, Russia, and Israel combined.

The Middle East has been volatile forever. Israel now being funded by us gives us a strategic advantage and a good base of operations while allowing us to have some form of hold on the region.

We have other military bases and we constantly supply those who want to take the fight to those against the interest of the USA. It's a multilayered system in case shit hits the fan.

Shitty recap of a shitty article by washington post

Right wing nuts, both Jewish and Christians, were talking of prophecy and the need for the state well before the state itself....

He's quoting a washington post article. Some nerd decided to bring that up with a debate with me yesterday, almost verbatim and I called them out on their bullshit. I asked where they got that BS from and they told me Washington Post, I checked it. It's all horse shit.

To be expected perhaps. Evangelical Christianity is more than likely like a distant, distant rumor of a whisper to the Washington Post.

A culture as far removed as African Bushmen.

Right wing nuts, both Jewish and Christians, were talking of prophecy and the need for the state well before the state itself....

Is the view of the temple you posted right or wrong then?

Back