Expensive Gi (BJJ) - QUESTION

Ornam

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey,

I've got a question. Do you think that if I wore a gi for 220$, would other people in a gym look bad at me (expecially when I am a beginner)? Or would they think just a bad things? I know this is a weird question, but I am just asking.

Thanks

*and also how would they look at me if someone had gi for 300$

I'm personally usually too busy worrying about my training than being bothered by what gi somebody is wearing.

That being said though, I just have never noticed a massive difference between a good quality gi and a high end botique gi like a shoyoroll or some crazy limited edition gi.

dosent matter how much a gi costs of it dosent fit you well.

There might be some people into gis that will notice and say something. However, if you are at the right place nobody will give you a hard time about it. People should be training. As long as what you wear is clean no one should say anything to you about it.

Wear whatever gi you want, just make sure it is clean and fits.

I can't see a reason why you'd get anything but complements

I think the days of punishing a newbie because they wore expensive gear is over. I don't really hear about it anymore anyways.

good quality bjj gi >>>poked fun at a few times. Unless you'r wearing a bright rainbow coloured gi with dragonball z and naruto symbols than your in the clear lol

Last edited:
good quality bjj gi >>>poked fun at a few times. Unless you'r wearing a bright rainbow coloured gi with dragonball z and naruto symbols than your in the clear lol

A guy at my gym has that orange Dragonball Z gi. Its aboslutely ridiculous looking.

Agreed. At any good school people shouldn't make fun of you for wearing an "expensive" Gi. You'd most likely be complimented like others have said.

But make sure your criteria for choosing a Gi isn't just price. And expensive Gi that doesn't fit is not any better than a cheap Gi that doesn't fit. Our biggest recommendation for choosing a Gi is get the one that fits you best.

Back