Exchange American currency for Canadian?

That209

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
A friend of mine has $90 'murican (cash in hand, of course) and he's wondering if he's able to go to the bank to trade it in and get money back in Canadian currency..?

I checked out many sites online but I'm not really getting the answer I'm looking for. I've never traveled and neither has he, otherwise I'd probably know how this stuff works.

Can anybody help me out? Any Americans ever travel to Canada and switch 'murican cash to Canadian?

And before a bunch of people tell me to call the bank - I already did. I called and waited for well over an hour, listening to shitty elevator-style music (you know what I mean) and being told how important my call is by the automated machine or whatever.

Let me know, Sherbros!

A friend of mine has $90 'murican (cash in hand, of course) and he's wondering if he's able to go to the bank to trade it in and get money back in Canadian currency..?

I checked out many sites online but I'm not really getting the answer I'm looking for. I've never traveled and neither has he, otherwise I'd probably know how this stuff works.

Can anybody help me out? Any Americans ever travel to Canada and switch 'murican cash to Canadian?

And before a bunch of people tell me to call the bank - I already did. I called and waited for well over an hour, listening to shitty elevator-style music (you know what I mean) and being told how important my call is by the automated machine or whatever.

Let me know, Sherbros!
Yes, that's no problem. Any bank in Canada will exchange American money for your friend. If he is in a big city like Toronto there's also the option of currency exchange shops and kiosks. Some will give you the same rate as the banks but not charge you commission, as banks do. But for the small amount your friend has, may as well just go to a bank.

Let me know, Sherbros!
You've never even left the 209 have you?

Don't use to buy drugs!

Some banks may charge you a different rate, so make sure you go to one where you have an account if you can to get the best rate.

Exchange your money in the States. They charge you .10 on the dollar to do it in Canada.

You can also pay for things in American money in Canada, but the exchange rate varies.

Let me know, Sherbros!
a lot of banks near the border will help. You get best rates on a credit card though

Check with your actual bank. I used to work at a credit union and we didn't charge any fees to exchange money, just changed it at whatever the exchange rate is, but it did take like a week for it to come in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back