Everything you want is on the far side of hard work

Ken Fresno

Interim Belt
@red
Reaction score
I work for an IT company with about 100 employees. We had a company-wide meeting last week in our "patio", with a podium flanked by the two 80-inch TVs. New hires get introduced and say "interesting" things about themselves, promotions and certifications are announced, yearly results and outlook are discussed, brief training on new procedures, etc.

The meeting was bookended by our owner speaking about the company ethos and the ways we want to have a positive influence on our community, with visual aids from slideshows he has prepared. We're not just here to turn a profit and collect material possessions and expand the company. We're in a new age of "conscious capitalism", and every footprint we leave in the community should have a lasting positive impact. But what he left us with was the very important reminder that it is not going to be easy.

"Does everyone know who Tim Kennedy is?" {puts picture on both TVs}

{Everyone nods "yes"}

"He is a UFC fighter, and a world champion. And what he likes to say is 'Everything you want is on the far side of hard work.' And that's what makes him a world champion"

2axazq.jpg

"Thank you everyone, and let's have a great quarter!"

{<huh}

N—— what?

Unlike Michael Perry, I'm not legally allowed to say it.

Tim "rockhold" kennedy

Does your employer know how much time you spend on sherdog during work hours? :rolleyes:

Why the fuck do you have a picture of Rockhold in your post

<45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45><45>

<36>

I work construction and they said if I don’t show up today don’t bother showing up tomorrow.

only guys you ever hear talk about "hard work" are the ones working below average hours for way above average pay while doing something they love

Hard work is overrated. The majority of the people in the world are poor, and I don't believe it is because they are not working hard enough. Just my opinion.

I have worked in a steel factory digging out soot. It was back-breaking work that was putting my health at risk. I worked 12 hour shifts, and never got rich doing it. LOL

Fuck hard work. Read a book. Memorize some facts. Pass an exam, and get paid considerably more than the average person who is risking his health working hard.

Persistent smart work is better.

If Kennedy is such a badass how come he never found Hitler?

Kidding, I like that guy.

Here's something I always kept with me from boot camp:

The Man In The Glass
Peter Dale Wimbrow Sr.

When you get what you want in your struggle for self
And the world makes you king for a day
Just go to the mirror and look at yourself
And see what that man has to say.

For it isn’t your father, or mother, or wife
Whose judgment upon you must pass
The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the one staring back from the glass.

He’s the fellow to please – never mind all the rest
For he’s with you, clear to the end
And you’ve passed your most difficult, dangerous test
If the man in the glass is your friend.

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you’ve cheated the man in the glass.

I work for an IT company with about 100 employees. We had a company-wide meeting last week in our "patio", with a podium flanked by the two 80-inch TVs. New hires get introduced and say "interesting" things about themselves, promotions and certifications are announced, yearly results and outlook are discussed, brief training on new procedures, etc.

The meeting was bookended by our owner speaking about the company ethos and the ways we want to have a positive influence on our community, with visual aids from slideshows he has prepared. We're not just here to turn a profit and collect material possessions and expand the company. We're in a new age of "conscious capitalism", and every footprint we leave in the community should have a lasting positive impact. But what he left us with was the very important reminder that it is not going to be easy.

"Does everyone know who Tim Kennedy is?" {puts picture on both TVs}

{Everyone nods "yes"}

"He is a UFC fighter, and a world champion. And what he likes to say is 'Everything you want is on the far side of hard work.' And that's what makes him a world champion"

2axazq.jpg

"Thank you everyone, and let's have a great quarter!"

Dummy dummy.

Dumbest thread of the day......so far.

Why the fuck do you have a picture of Rockhold in your post

The joke is that our owner likes to bookend meetings with passionate speeches about the ethos of our company. And he chose to close this meeting with a quote from Tim Kennedy next to "his" picture.

The best part, that I thought only Sherdog would appreciate, is that this picture is from right after Rockhold beat Kennedy for "everything he wanted", the world title. Because, you know, he didn't work hard enough.

The joke is that our owner likes to bookend meetings with passionate speeches about the ethos of our company. And he chose to close this meeting with a quote from Tim Kennedy next to "his" picture.

The best part, that I thought only Sherdog would appreciate, is that this picture is from right after Rockhold beat Kennedy for "everything he wanted", the world title. Because, you know, he didn't work hard enough.

Oh ok he actually used that picture. That's pretty funny.

Back