Everybody with Mcgregors style has Elite Takedown Defense

Dude, I find it fucking crazy the amount of fighters that dont do “road work” religously.

This was the way the great boxers of our time never ran out of gas. They all ran 5mi runs in the morning before breakfast and dont even call it a “workout” but a pre requisite to the days training regimen. Not to mention 20min jump rope seasions daily so the legs/calves never tire in a bout.

Now if a fighter runs 5mi he has to make an instagram/twitter post telling everyone they are “getting it in”, LoL.

That's why all those great boxers are brain dead? outside of mayweather that is... who was all about his movement and defense.

That's why all those great boxers are brain dead? outside of mayweather that is... who was all about his movement and defense.

Floyd runs bro

Braindead has nothing to do with cardio and running you goof

Huh, so McGregor, GSP and Cejudo all have the same style. Interesting, I knew never that. Well:

View attachment 421841

are you guys turds or tards? by similar striking styles he means obvious karate base adaptation to one extent or another. Mcgregor obviously adopted a bit of a karate style stance training with gunnar

GSP - shotokan
Liddell - kempo
Wonder boy - kempo/fancy long pants
Cejudo - trained karate for mm fight
Machida - shotokan

are you guys turds or tards? by similar striking styles he means obvious karate base adaptation to one extent or another. Mcgregor obviously adopted a bit of a karate style stance training with gunnar

GSP - shotokan
Liddell - kempo
Wonder boy - kempo/fancy long pants
Cejudo - trained karate for mm fight
Machida - shotokan

Probably not

Why you think he credits his title win to his karate training... and not his Olympic wrestling....????Exactly.

Dude, he literally won the fight because of a few takedowns and top control. Are you retarded?

giphy.gif

ufc57slomocouturekod.gif

Both counter strike? both karate backround? both good takedown defense and movement? Ya, craziest comparison ever... oh and the touch of death they both got. o_O

This is the worst thread I have ever seen

Yes Conor and Chuck both throw punches

but they have better gas tanks as well. Conor may defend all TD's in r1 and but we have 5 round fight there. Dude had his mouth open in round 2 in Eddie fight. He has good cardio for 5-8 minutes max

He went 5 rounds with Nate competently

He can take his foot off and recover, but he'll never be a guy who can push the pace for 5 rounds

Floyd runs bro

Braindead has nothing to do with cardio and running you goof

Oh mayweather runs? Must be a pactard fanboy. It's called footwork and defense. That's why pacman got schooled.

Last edited:
These guys have some insane takedown defense and mcgregor may have it as well.

Wonderboy
Machida
Lidell
Cejudo
Gsp

Anyway, Khabib by ko.

I'm confused by this list. Cedujo is an Olympic gold medalist in wrestling. Liddell also had a wrestling background. GSP was one of the best natural wrestlers in MMA ever other than Jon Jones.

How does this relate to McGregor?

Cejudo and GSP have Conor's style?
Cejudo hinself said Conor influenced his new style.

That he took Conor's karate stance yet boxing style, tried to learn as much from it as possible, while adapting it for himself to his strengths, and how once he did, it opened up the game for him.

Gsp however has nothing to do with this. Gsp doesn't even have a karate stance despite coming from a karate background

That was a really weird OP

Underhandedly credits Conor but not really. Picks Khabib by least likely possibility

He's just trolling IMO

We have already seen evidence that Conor has elite TDD. Even when Injuried and on short notice he stuffed 4 TDs from Mendes.

And he brushed aside Alvarez like nothing. Alvarez is a great wrestler who has taken down the likes Gathje/Poirier/Pettis/Melendez/RDA.

Yet Alvarez never even came close to getting Conor down

More importantly, it's not just TDD, Khabib has to get through Conor's footwork, range control and counter punching first before it even gets to that point.

And if Khabib has the chin to do so, he's going to be in for a rude awakening if he thinks he's going to be able to just dominate Conor in the clinch

Conor is just as lethal in the clinch. People have no idea. Conor can get you from any range and any position.

Nate took a lot of punishment to walk through Conor's counters, and once in-close Conor continued to PUNISH Nate with elbows and hellacious body punching

A lot of people love to ignore how gassed Nate was in the fight because of Conor's brutal body punching in-tight

Im really surprised that Khabib is the favorite over Conor. Oh well. Aldo was also a 2-1 favorite over Conor too.

Last edited:
Barboza before Khabib fight was consider as fighter with one of the best TDD in lightweight division. Then Khabib and Lee took him down.
his tdd was always gassed to the moon. where are the great grapplers that hes faced?. hes had a lot of good matchups for the most of his career. getting washed up pettis, washed up melendez, etc. and some other guys that struck with him. the past 2 have been guys that have been aggressively going after that takedown. hes been overwhelmed

wont matter, it wont take conor long to knock out Khabib. I doubt khabib even gets a chance to shoot for a takedown.
Even Alvarez, a guy who wrestled in high school, was able to clinch Conor against the cage after getting punched like ten times. If Khabib clinches Conor against the cage fight is over

Cejudo probably isn't the best example since he started mma as a gold medalist wrestler. That said, the guys in karate stance do seem to be able to stuff takedowns. Wonderboy has come a very long way since his fight with brown.

I think people are underestimating Conors TDD already. I'm not saying he's chuck or GSP but I just get the impression it's under rated. Alvarez is a good wrestler (not elite). Conor did a good job at defending a few takedowns but that's just part of the game. Not letting your opponent set up quality attempts is the other part of the issue. Even raging Al was stuffing TD's later in the Khabib fight. Nowadays even guys with mediocre TDD can stuff a poorly set up attempt. It also takes more gas to shoot a TD than to avoid one. Diving at Al's ankles and failing should be alarming to anyone that isn't blinded to the level of a teenage bieber fan

Even Alvarez, a guy who wrestled in high school, was able to clinch Conor against the cage after getting punched like ten times. If Khabib clinches Conor against the cage fight is over
Although possible, it's an absolutely absurd thing to say with confidence

In the last 7 fights Khabib has 0 first round finishes, 2 finishes (1 sub 1 tko), and 5 decisions. The fight is far from over if he clinches Conor against the cage, never mind takes him down. This isn't Maia vs Kimbo

Machida GSP Connor and cejudo are nothing alike
This

I find it disrespectful to compare their striking to Conors.

Conor's striking is on another level to all of theirs

Those 3 combined don't come anywhere near Conor's boxing/striking skill

Barboza before Khabib fight was consider as fighter with one of the best TDD in lightweight division. Then Khabib and Lee took him down.
I think Barboza still has great TDD, but Khabib and Lee are mutha fuckers - just like DJ has elite TDD but Cejudo is an Olympic gold medalist.

Back