Crime Every single student at LeBron James' school has failed

These people have gaslit you idiots into believing they're out there grinding it out just like you while they go to spas and private country clubs to bang whores.

I believe most know this on some level but acknowledging it would lead them to uncomforable crossroads of what to do about it. Whereas accepting the myths of the protestant work ethic allows them to pretend things have to be this way and its just a fact of life that cannot be fought.

These people have gaslit you idiots into believing they're out there grinding it out just like you while they go to spas and private country clubs to bang whores.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Data was collected from the CEOs in 15 minutes increments, 24 hours a day, seven days a week for three months. Overall, the study collected 60,000 CEO hours.

It reveals, on average, the leaders worked 9.7 hours per weekday, which totals just 48.5 hours per workweek. They also worked 79 percent of weekend days at an average of 3.9 hours daily, and 70 percent of vacation days with an average of 2.4 hours on those days. Altogether, the study found that
CEOs worked an average of 62.5 hours a week.

Do you know any CEOs or senior leadership team members of any company? I do and all they do is work. They're pretty shitty family men & women for that exact reason. They literally have nothing else in their life except work.

I think you've been gaslit by the Community daily worker newsletter.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Data was collected from the CEOs in 15 minutes increments, 24 hours a day, seven days a week for three months. Overall, the study collected 60,000 CEO hours.

It reveals, on average, the leaders worked 9.7 hours per weekday, which totals just 48.5 hours per workweek. They also worked 79 percent of weekend days at an average of 3.9 hours daily, and 70 percent of vacation days with an average of 2.4 hours on those days. Altogether, the study found that

Do you know any CEOs or senior leadership team members of any company? I do and all they do is work. They're pretty shitty family men & women for that exact reason. They literally have nothing else in their life except work.

Yea most of them aren't doing what most of would call work. It's nonsense jet setting and fancy country clubs. Go ahead and have some stupid idyllic vision of big daddy bossman working 1000x harder than you to earn 1000x your wage.

You may as well be a medieval surf talking about how heavy the crown must weigh on your King.

Yea most of them aren't doing what most of would call work. It's nonsense jet setting and fancy country clubs. Go ahead and have some stupid idyllic vision of big daddy bossman working 1000x harder than you to earn 1000x your wage.

You may as well be a medieval surf talking about how heavy the crown must weigh on your King.
The term is serf, at least know enough to get the terminology correct

I don't need an idyllic idea of what they do....I actually work alongside several of them on a daily basis.

I believe most know this on some level but acknowledging it would lead them to uncomforable crossroads of what to do about it. Whereas accepting the myths of the protestant work ethic allows them to pretend things have to be this way and its just a fact of life that cannot be fought.
{<jordan}

You actually think that to achieve a position like CEO or similar and be successful in that role doesn’t require hard work, long hours, etc.?

Do you happen to be wearing a Che Guevara shirt right now?

Everyday this forum seems to drop another IQ point.

{<jordan}

You actually think that to achieve a position like CEO or similar and be successful in that role doesn’t require hard work, long hours, etc.?

Do you happen to be wearing a Che Guevara shirt right now?

Everyday this forum seems to drop another IQ point.
Che is a far right capitalist pig compared to the guy you're replying to LOL.

This dude was rooting for the wife beater that attacked the judge in the other thread because the guy was "fighting back against the laws of a capitalist society".

Should tell you all you need to know.

As usual you're bias is showing. It's how much of those resources you choose to spend on your kids that makes the difference. And the most valuable resource isn't money, it's time.

You can give someone $2k a month, but if they choose to spend it on scratch offs and liquor then it doesn't help the kids.

You can try to force them to spend it on the kids by making it food stamps and all you're doing is creating a black market where people sell their food stamps at a discount for cash.
Again, completely ignoring the written word. More resources means better choices.

A high quality daycare can cost $3k/month vs. a low quality one that's $500/month. High cost math intervention means Kumon, a math tutor, etc. Low cost math intervention means buying some math books and hoping someone at home can explain the material properly. High quality education supplements means $500 classes through accredited institutions, low quality education supplements means books. High quality enrichment means $8000 summer camps. Lower quality is $2-3k summer camps. Lowest income means leaving your kids with your parents.

No matter what the education choice is, high cost options provide more support and better instruction than low cost options. It's too important a subject to be sidetracked by juvenile coded language.

More money = LESS time working?

giphy.gif

That’s some trick, lol
In my experience, more money actually does result in less time working.

The most straightforward element is that only parent has to work. Of the highest earning families that I know, it's usually one parent who works and one parent who can work part time or not at all.

The 2nd element is less straightforward. More money usually means jobs where parents can take paid time off. A person working at McDonald's probably doesn't get vacation time, sick days, etc. A person in a white collar office job usually gets those things. It's more money and less time working.

I wouldn't say they work harder than the rest, most people in big companies work a lot, CEOs included.
Some people work even harder than the CEOs but they do not advance past some middle positions. But it's almost a given that everybody at the top is a workaholic, and many times they have shitty lives.

Not to mention everyone surrounding them openly kisses their asses.

But yeah, business lunch with colleagues, round of golf with a business partner, touring a facility and shaking a few hands, sitting in a cushy office and brainstorming with your team, etc all count as "work".

They do real work, I'm sure, and certainly have difficult elements to their job. But it's disingenuous to act like 1hr work in C suite = 1hr work on the production line, as an ER nurse, as a food server, as a bricklayer, as a data analyst, etc.

Not to mention everyone surrounding them openly kisses their asses.

But yeah, business lunch with colleagues, round of golf with a business partner, touring a facility and shaking a few hands, sitting in a cushy office and brainstorming with your team, etc all count as "work".

They do real work, I'm sure, and certainly have difficult elements to their job. But it's disingenuous to act like 1hr work in C suite = 1hr work on the production line, as an ER nurse, as a food server, as a bricklayer, as a data analyst, etc.

His idiotic point is that they only work 10hr weeks and have more money and time to spend raising a child. You can be dismissive of the work, you can think it is far easier than blue collar jobs, you can think they are overpaid but time is time. You'd be hard pressed to find any CEO that is working 10hrs a week, let alone one that works 10hrs a week and pulls a salary higher than someone working 80hrs a week at McDonalds.

<JagsKiddingMe>

When I worked for a large tech company, the GM of our building, which was basically the CEO of our building had his office right behind my desk. He'd call me into his office to show me funny Youtube or Instagram videos. I'd help him out if he had any tech issues and he was always bringing me stuff his daughter baked. This one warehouse worker used to walk by my desk every morning and one of those days after he walked by, the GM said hey come here want to see his rap career. He pulls up that dudes youtube channel of rap videos he's put out, it was hilarious. We'd do actual work maybe 3 hours of an 8 hour work day.

Teaching is hard. And unless it's done with absolute accountability in the early years, kids can't catch up if they are allowed to fall behind. By age 5, kids are either on track or not. Intervening at 7, 8, etc. is too late. Which is really more the problem than people want to acknowledge.

I have an anecdote that I always think is a good window into this. I had a 3rd grade teacher (so 8 year old students) tell me that she had a student in her school who couldn't read or do math at grade level. 8 years old. You'd think that's not too young to do something so I asked her what the plan was for this kid. Her response was "Nothing, I don't have the time or the resources to get him up to speed and still teach the other kids." She was going to do what she could and then send him to the next grade.

That always sticks with me. It wasn't that she didn't care, it's that she couldn't do anything about one kid. An 8 year old kid was effectively fucked. If kids can't be put back on track by 3rd grade, there's no hope for them by middle school.

Early intervention is so important and "early" these days means 3 y.o., not 6 y.o.
Thats the biggest failure of the US school system, really. Teachers have to pick and choose their battles. Do they spend a lot of time and effort on kids that are behind to try and catch them up and risk the rest of the class falling behind? Or do they work on the rest of the class, and let the kids that are behind just stay there. And despite what some people might tell you, it's not always a money issue. It sometimes is, yes, but it's also a issue child to child. Some kids want to learn, but didn't hit the ground running from the start so they fell behind. And some kids... well they just don't give a shit. Teachers are generally stuck in the position of having to choose which ones to work with, and which ones to abandon. And as the kids get older, it only gets worse and worse. Especially since schools are set up for a 'everyone needs to learn everything' mantra, instead of a 'how about we let kids concentrate on what they are interested in and excel at?' plan that would let more kids succeed, at least somewhat, in something they can do rather than dump them in classes they struggle or have no interest in.

His idiotic point is that they only work 10hr weeks and have more money and time to spend raising a child. You can be dismissive of the work, you can think it is far easier than blue collar jobs, you can think they are overpaid but time is time. You'd be hard pressed to find any CEO that is working 10hrs a week, let alone one that works 10hrs a week and pulls a salary higher than someone working 80hrs a week at McDonalds.
He said 10 hours a day on week days. Not 10 hours a week.

Has it ever occured to you that some people like China and don't condemm it because they think its success is a positive thing? What really matters is condemming America and capitalism.

If you want to praise China and not condemn them for the Uyghurs genocide, then that's on you. Continue to implement whatever mental gymnastics you need to take in order to make yourself feel better. Lebron and the NBA are in lockstep with you.

My brother in law was a co-founder and cfo for what was a billion dollar solar company. He always talked about how much he worked yet his "business trips" included flying out to college and NFL football games, the NBA finals... and not even with clients or anything, just his wife and kids.

Another "business trip" was going to Vegas to play in the WSOP via the 10k buy in.

Rich business people call things "working" that other people would call vacations, because "they're always working", and grossly exaggerate the hours they work because what they consider work is much different than what the average person does.

Back