every few years the champions get flushed out aside from MM

I've been a fan of MMA since Vale Tudo and open weight were still things. I watch Kickboxing and Muay Thai (I've seen the Nak Muays go at in Lumpinee stadium). I watch some of the big boxing fights, a few BJJ matchs plus some Judo and Wrestling in the Olympics. I doubt I'm going to die out anytime soon buddeh'.

I respect MM and what he can do but I've never been particularly excited for a mighty mouse fight.

You can sit there and pretend like watching 5 foots dudes zooming around the cage with endless cardio and watching guys in the division smash each other with full blown hay makers but recover because of a lack of size/power is super entertaining, but for me (and the majority of fight fans), it's not the best MMA has to offer. This is reflected in PPV buys.

If MM want's to hit GOAT status he needs to challenge for the 135 belt, preferably against another dominate champion. It's what people need to get their blood pumping.

Spoken like a true fair weather fan.

You just proved how stupid you are.

MM and Jones came along much later. Other champs were winding down.

GSP, Fedor, and Anderson were on top for a long time.
BJ was on top of LW for a long time.
BJ was NOT on top at LW for a long time. He only defended 2-3 times. I believe he won the interim belt against Stevenson and won the real belt vs. Sherk. After that he beat 2 guys and was dethroned.

BJ was NOT on top at LW for a long time. He only defended 2-3 times. I believe he won the interim belt against Stevenson and won the real belt vs. Sherk. After that he beat 2 guys and was dethroned.

He had a good career before that too, KO'ing Uno and subbing Gomi.
He was also WW champ in the UFC.

You're correct in theory, but he was an elite fighter for many years (until recent) and if you look at his career in between his stints at the UFC, we can make a case for him being "on top" for many years.

He had a good career before that too, KO'ing Uno and subbing Gomi.
He was also WW champ in the UFC.

You're correct in theory, but he was an elite fighter for many years (until recent) and if you look at his career in between his stints at the UFC, we can make a case for him being "on top" for many years.
I said "on top at LW." BJ was definitely an elite fight but he was not on top much at either LW or WW. He definitely won the belts but he was very inconsistent throughout his career.

Every great fighter needs great rivals. Whether they beat up on yesterday's legends, take on popular contenders or have back and forth wars. No one is really interested in MM's fights because no one really cares about who he is fighting.

Plus being that small is borderline freak show.

Yeah they are just too small. When the referee breaks them up after the bell rings it looks like a dad breaking up two kids fighting at a playground. Cant be taken seriously enough to have that deadly extreme sports feeling to it. I actually have the same problem with 135lbs but 145 and up I feel like what Im watching is dangerous, exciting and that the guys could actually hold their own against pretty much any size untrained person on the streets. With MM I feel like I could just walk through his punches and rip his head off as a person who has only done powerlifting because Im not a midget.

Real fans care about who he fights and know who he fights. You fair weather shit stains are the problem and you are the majority.

That'll change over time as the sport evolves and you shit fans die out.
Cut that crap. If the sport depended of fight nerds exclusively, the scene today would be like it was in the early 2000's minus Japan = Pure shyte.

Guys like MM and Bones wouldn't give the sport a second look without the big money (both by direct income and ancilliary opportunities) and prestige they get today. And I mention those because them both have stated that very clearly publicly, but that applies to the majority of the fighter today.

Every professional sport needs regular fans and casuals to grow and stablish itself. This applies even more to combat sports, so propper promotion is a necessity. The way the UFC handles the division precludes its success.

Potential conterders are rushed to the top and shown mainly on undercards. The average guy gets one main card PPV tops before he's fed to MM. Then, if they fight in subsequent PPV, for the regular fan or the casual, they are the guys that lost ot MM. Then you have guys like Horiguchi deciding to leave the UFC because they are offered peanuts because they aren't a draw. No wonder why, with that shitty promotion. It's fucked up.

And don't give me the crap that they aren't draws because they are midgets, because the BW aren't precisely colossuses, but the UFC didn't have to build built Faber, Cruz etc; WEC did.

Cut that crap. If the sport depended of fight nerds exclusively, the scene today would be like it was in the early 2000's minus Japan = Pure shyte.

Guys like MM and Bones wouldn't give the sport a second look without the big money (both by direct income and ancilliary opportunities) and prestige they get today. And I mention those because them both have stated that very clearly publicly, but that applies to the majority of the fighter today.

Every professional sport needs regular fans and casuals to grow and stablish itself. This applies even more to combat sports, so propper promotion is a necessity. The way the UFC handles the division precludes its success.

Potential conterders are rushed to the top and shown mainly on undercards. The average guy gets one main card PPV tops before he's fed to MM. Then, if they fight in subsequent PPV, for the regular fan or the casual, they are the guys that lost ot MM. Then you have guys like Horiguchi deciding to leave the UFC because they are offered peanuts because they aren't a draw. No wonder why, with that shitty promotion. It's fucked up.

And don't give me the crap that they aren't draws because they are midgets, because the BW aren't precisely colossuses, but the UFC didn't have to build built Faber, Cruz etc; WEC did.

The UFC want can't sustain itself.

Circus bullshit will kill the company so it needs to be ran as a sport and just take of organic stars by promoting the sensible fights that are made with them.

Any fan that calls them midgets are too stupid to converse with anyway. You shit on women or lower weight classes it proves YOUR stupidity and mental retardation and you immediately out yourself as someone who should be ignored.

mm is the only champion who is in a talent pool that consists of 3 guys

Huge Mighty Mouse fan right here. Superb technique and athleticism. Honor and respect. He's the epitome of martial arts.

It's like the stock market -- we're due for another crash soon. The PE ratios are astronomical right now. Mighty Mouse is not affected because he is not so overextended / leveraged.

Last edited:
MM is such a manlet that he could slide down the toilet without needing it flushed.

Circus bullshit will kill the company so it needs to be ran as a sport and just take of organic stars by promoting the sensible fights that are made with them.

You're quoting me, so I'll assume you are answering me.

Are you reading what I wrote? I'm not defending bulshyte champs, "superfights" or moneyfights, I'm saying that if you want the division to succeed you need to buid it propperly. " The Mighty Mouse vs Undercarder Show" wont cut it.

Any fan that calls them midgets are too stupid to converse with anyway. You shit on women or lower weight classes it proves YOUR stupidity and mental retardation and you immediately out yourself as someone who should be ignored.

The midget excuse is pushed by the UFC as the reason the division fails to gain any attention, not me. Maybe its partly true, but not the whole thruth. Blatant mishandling (And the newness of it) is more relevant IMO.

On the other hand It's true that, in the tradition of this sport, the smaller guys used to make a name for themselves by biting the bullet taking the bigger guys. From Royce to Saku, Takase, Sakurai Minowaman, Gono etc, and even competing under weight classes Pulver, Frankie or Benavidez fought and beat bigger guys. MM refusal to do so while whinning about his paydays (That are inflated regarding money/draw ratio compared to everyone else), makes his P4P status to have hollow ring.

You're quoting me, so I'll assume you are answering me.

Are you reading what I wrote? I'm not defending bulshyte champs, "superfights" or moneyfights, I'm saying that if you want the division to succeed you need to buid it propperly. " The Mighty Mouse vs Undercarder Show" wont cut it.

The midget excuse is pushed by the UFC as the reason the division fails to gain any attention, not me. Maybe its partly true, but not the whole thruth. Blatant mishandling (And the newness of it) is more relevant IMO.

On the other hand It's true that, in the tradition of this sport, the smaller guys used to make a name for themselves by biting the bullet taking the bigger guys. From Royce to Saku, Takase, Sakurai Minowaman, Gono etc, and even competing under weight classes Pulver, Frankie or Benavidez fought and beat bigger guys. MM refusal to do so while whinning about his paydays (That are inflated regarding money/draw ratio compared to everyone else), makes his P4P status to have hollow ring.

I don't read anything you write.

I just dictate and educate people as i know better.

Back