Everlast Leather Protex2

So the 14 oz gloves are almost 100 bucks and are in stock but the 16oz gloves are under 40 bucks but won't ship until 4 to 7 weeks. Something isn't adding up here.

So the 14 oz gloves are almost 100 bucks and are in stock but the 16oz gloves are under 40 bucks but won't ship until 4 to 7 weeks. Something isn't adding up here.

Yeah I guess everlast is all "I'll pay you monday for a hamburger today" kind of stuff.

Thread Starter are you getting this?

Actually, to be completely honest, I ordered a pair of 16 oz. Protex2 gloves a couple of months ago for around the same price off of Amazon. Same deal, the 14 oz at the time were 100+. It was weird. It also said that I would have to wait for them to ship, but I believe that the wait time was 2-3 weeks. However, they came pretty soon (I have amazon prime).

I ended up selling the gloves at cost to a friend of mine because I have too many gloves, and they were a bit large for me. By large I mean that the wrist wrap came up my forearm a bit too much. They were pretty cool, but they weren't the ones pictured. They were a black, newer pair:
http://store.titleboxing.com/everlast-protex-2-training-gloves.html

I mean, for the price, if you're going to use them, I don't think they'd be too bad, for the price, and the wrist strap is great actually (but it came up too far for me). No complaints here cause I got to look at the gloves and basically got my money back.

Please don't take offense to this, but it definitely feels like a "made in china" glove, though for the price I'd say not too bad

Keep in mind that I'm saying this after handling (but not using) some nice Cleto Reyes gloves and old Ringside IMFs.

Hope that helps.

We don't like neverlast around here.

So true......but I could definitely learn to "tolerate" them at 40 bucks.....lol

Just still don't understand the major.....and I mean "Major" price difference.

Last edited:
got my pair today, thea are no winnings but for $40 they are nice. came with the glove bag and wrist cover thingies. havent used them yet this will be my first everlast pair in years..

Last edited:
I bought a $99 pair of everlast gloves and they were horrible

I bought a $99 pair of everlast gloves and they were horrible

dude, trust me, you dont know what the horrible gloves are..growing up in one of the poorest countries of eastern europe, i've used a lot of horrible gloves when i was a kid, no everlast glove will ever come close.

got my pair today, thea are no winnings but for $40 they are nice. came with the glove bag and wrist cover thingies. havent used them yet this will be my first everlast pair in years..

How are they??

dude, trust me, you dont know what the horrible gloves are..growing up in one of the poorest countries of eastern europe, i've used a lot of horrible gloves when i was a kid, no everlast glove will ever come close.

everlast-boxing-gloves-profile.jpg

Agreed, you should see some of the horrible stuff that gets used here in China.

These are on sale for a little over $25 at a bargain hunt store in my city, but as soon as I tried themon and felt the low quality of the gloves, I decided not to bother wasting my money.

These are on sale for a little over $25 at a bargain hunt store in my city, but as soon as I tried themon and felt the low quality of the gloves, I decided not to bother wasting my money.

Just keep in mind there are 2 versions of these gloves: the leather which retails for over $100 (the one on sale at Amazon) and the vinyl which retails for $40+

Just keep in mind there are 2 versions of these gloves: the leather which retails for over $100 (the one on sale at Amazon) and the vinyl which retails for $40+

Yeah, I see now. But that foam.. :icon_neut I guess $35 would not break the bank for leather bag gloves. Plus its from Amazon, so returns are quite easy..

Back