Ever Broken Up With Your Best Friend?

My best friend robbed me for like 1200$ - I found out almost a year later crashing at his place. Super awkward. That guy was dead to me and he was my best friend like for real. Sad.
You didn't notice for a year?

You didn't notice for a year?
He sent a package that looked like it had been fucked with by the postal service. I believed they fucked with my stuff when it was really him who sent it that way to con me. I realized this at a later point when I was with him -- it just added up, like an epiphany.

I made out with my best friends girlfriends mom at his sisters wedding. Alcohol can create alot of fucked up situations. This was over 20 years ago , we have never ran into each other since. Still stings, one of my biggest regrets in life.

It was kinda sad really, this year over the Winter Holidays we took our Nephew and Niece out to go on the Winter Rides and watch Lights, etc.

I run into my HS bestfriend, like inseparable all through HS (playing the same sports, (wearing each other's clothes, we were actually gay together). He had a kid at around 18, his rich family basically took care of it alongside the baby mama while we still went out and acted like jackasses. Then while him and Baby Mama were patching things up, I started to date a girl he liked. He didn't tell me, and he was super weird about it and we just grew apart quickly while he acted like an entitled jerk while I went away to University.

Real childish nonsense - we ran head on into each other at the fair, around 15 years later and all we said was "my bad" and got out of each other's way. He said whats up to my brother though. Anyone in this boat? Any regrets?

Do you have a bestfriend now?
Fixed

Last edited:
Yes. He was a piece of shit and broke into my apartment, during finals week no less. Finals week for me, not him. He didn’t make it past week 1 of junior college, much less ever grt into a real college.

Some people just refuse to grow up in all the wrong ways. You can’t be 30, working some dead end job, and just hoping to make it through each day just so you can go out, get drunk, and do blow with the homies, starting bar fights, and doing other shit you did as a 21 year old.

Short answer is not really. I did have a good mate who I met my wife through but we stopped hanging out, there was no "incident" or whatever, we just grew apart.

I do have another mate who has gone down the meth path, i don't really see him anymore, I messaged him the other week and know where he's living, I do want to go and catch up with him.

I have the same best friend i had when I was 3 and I'm 43 now ha ha
I thought keeping a friend since age 8 was impressive, but 3 is amazing haha

not just best friends but just about everyone I've ever been either close or semi-close to. I just tell people now, "look, I want to keep my distance, people are a waste of time for me, and before you say 'maybe it's you' I don't care who it is, I don't have time for it".

But close, close friends and the shit always seems senseless to me, even when it doesn't end up with the friendship ending, it just seems stupid and wasteful. I don't like people who try to get in my head and make me question my self with their fucked up definitions. I really don't have friends today and don't want any. My brother I'm stuck with and he's semi-retarded (not just a figure of speech) and more than enough for me to worry about but nothing will break that bond. My "friends"? Fuck them and I pretty much am honest to people about how I feel.

I thought keeping a friend since age 8 was impressive, but 3 is amazing haha
it's crazy but I notice older folks do tend to have longer friendships, I think people were humbler and more down to earth generations ago. People are full of drama and issues today, can't handle life being mundane and have to make things crazy, maybe do drugs or drink, or be codependent on their mate to the point of it fucking up all other relationships.

Short answer is not really. I did have a good mate who I met my wife through but we stopped hanging out, there was no "incident" or whatever, we just grew apart.

I do have another mate who has gone down the meth path, i don't really see him anymore, I messaged him the other week and know where he's living, I do want to go and catch up with him.

I have the same best friend i had when I was 3 and I'm 43 now ha ha
I've had both my closest friends follow each of yours. One got involved in drugs and just got wierder and weirder and isolated, turned on me like I was a lowlife, after a ton of relations which seem to turn out like that, I'm done man. People brought up in our culture have a craven desire to condemn and it damages them and everyone around them.

My other "friend" nothing really dramatic happened, at least not at the end, he just stopped calling, and I don't really call him or miss him either, that's just life. But, I do feel I made more of an effort to keep our friendship going, but that makes me feel stupid so I don't do it, I won't even give anyone my number today. I just tell people to email me, and boy, that seems to really insult them but fuck 'em.

Other friends, people I might have worked with or for, I see them as fake friends, they never called after the job relationship ended and so, I don't even see those as even as pure a friendship as my other ones.

All in all, i did learn though, I need my time, I just tell people honestly to leave me alone unless it's important, life and death type shit. I guarantee all of you, people will use the fuck out of you and not lose a seconds sleep over it.

Short answer.... sort of. I had a best friend in high school and we've stayed together basically ever since, but we're definitely not best friends anymore or even really friends. We just kind of hang out from time to time and that's it. It's definitely not ride or die, or a case where I can tell them anything personal (I still sometimes do, but it's at my own risk). In fact, I don't really trust them at all. They are wholly untrustworthy and amazingly unreliable. Not sure why I still keep it going when I don't get anything but the most superficial benefit from it. It's not deep. It's not meaningful. It's not satisfying. I guess we've evolved into distant acquaintances that can have fun every now and then.

It's almost to the point of "with friends like these, who needs enemies?" Like one notch away from that. Maybe that.
<{hughesimpress}>

No, they have just seem to "fade away" for no reason. Hell, the last guy I've considered my 'best friend"(known him 20 years), his wife facilitated me house sitting/taking care of their pets roughly a month ago. They live a 10 minute walk away, and we see each other maybe 3x a year. Last time I saw him "face to face" was December, and I sent him a random YouTube clip recently, and he responded asking about getting together 2 weeks ago. I told him that I would be out of town that weekend, and suggested another weekend in the future...#ghosted.

I've had both my closest friends follow each of yours. One got involved in drugs and just got wierder and weirder and isolated, turned on me like I was a lowlife, after a ton of relations which seem to turn out like that, I'm done man. People brought up in our culture have a craven desire to condemn and it damages them and everyone around them.

My other "friend" nothing really dramatic happened, at least not at the end, he just stopped calling, and I don't really call him or miss him either, that's just life. But, I do feel I made more of an effort to keep our friendship going, but that makes me feel stupid so I don't do it, I won't even give anyone my number today. I just tell people to email me, and boy, that seems to really insult them but fuck 'em.

Other friends, people I might have worked with or for, I see them as fake friends, they never called after the job relationship ended and so, I don't even see those as even as pure a friendship as my other ones.

All in all, i did learn though, I need my time, I just tell people honestly to leave me alone unless it's important, life and death type shit. I guarantee all of you, people will use the fuck out of you and not lose a seconds sleep over it.

There are plenty of good cunts out there just remember bro, don’t give up on us!

There are plenty of good cunts out there just remember bro, don’t give up on us!
i've been pretty peaceful, i'm just going to start telling everyone quite honestly that I'm ready to strangle them, I swear that's what I'm going to say when they come with their bullshit. It's a miracle I haven't already beaten the shit out of many people, and I'm not talking about the streetfights where it was expected, i'm talking about how people think it's acceptable to shit on other people the way they do, and yes, I know everyone has to cope with that, not just me.

Short answer.... sort of. I had a best friend in high school and we've stayed together basically ever since, but we're definitely not best friends anymore or even really friends. We just kind of hang out from time to time and that's it. It's definitely not ride or die, or a case where I can tell them anything personal (I still sometimes do, but it's at my own risk). In fact, I don't really trust them at all. They are wholly untrustworthy and amazingly unreliable. Not sure why I still keep it going when I don't get anything but the most superficial benefit from it. It's not deep. It's not meaningful. It's not satisfying. I guess we've evolved into distant acquaintances that can have fun every now and then.

It's almost to the point of "with friends like these, who needs enemies?" Like one notch away from that. Maybe that.
<{hughesimpress}>
glad i ain't the only one.

Not really bestfriend but a college buddy of mine. We were in different bands but almost the same genre(He's into ska I was into punk). We were inseparable and hung out for 2 years. He wanted to start a band with me and needed a snare drum for his garage studio. I lent him mine because I was gonna be the drummer anyway. Things turned ugly when I hooked up with the hottest chick on campus. He started avoiding me and would talk shit to my face. I only realized it when another college buddy told me everyone was gunning for my new gf. I lost a snare drum, I got a hot wife and we have 2 kids. I think I came up on top.

Some people just refuse to grow up in all the wrong ways. You can’t be 30, working some dead end job, and just hoping to make it through each day just so you can go out, get drunk, and do blow with the homies, starting bar fights, and doing other shit you did as a 21 year old.
26ebfa0b-bdb1-4c87-be63-9467e8dbb26e_text.gif

Not really bestfriend but a college buddy of mine. We were in different bands but almost the same genre(He's into ska I was into punk). We were inseparable and hung out for 2 years. He wanted to start a band with me and needed a snare drum for his garage studio. I lent him mine because I was gonna be the drummer anyway. Things turned ugly when I hooked up with the hottest chick on campus. He started avoiding me and would talk shit to my face. I only realized it when another college buddy told me everyone was gunning for my new gf. I lost a snare drum, I got a hot wife and we have 2 kids. I think I came up on top.
fuck that's wierd, it's not as weird as hearing the wife of my bestfriend repeat my bestfriend telling her that me and their other friends were jealous of their relationship, that was fucking weird. Especially since my best friend conned me into getting into a fight with the wife when she was just a girlfriend and I ended up calling her a bitch. it was all weird, and I told him beforehand not to get me involved. I don't miss having friends. I think my best "friend" in the future will be the entities that can help me get away from everyone and live out my life peacefully, which means however i can fix my credit and however i can make sufficient money to that end. Those are my real "friends" people suck the life out of each other.

Back