Evan Tanner dead (Tributes within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope for the best but brace for the worst.

I will never Forget Evan's comeback against Baroni, he was my favorite since then and always will be.

Wow, what a surprise, now that there's a source, everyone believes it. Stupid sheep in other threads.

In the topic, yeah it sucks, but he was a drunk and wasn't a good fighter anymore. Still though, it sucks and condolences go out to his family.

I hope it turns out to be false. But if it isn't, RIP Evan Tanner.

This is from Evans blog on the Spike website...seemed he made a few eerie references.

"I've been sitting around this apartment, bored to tears, waiting on the last of the gear I need for the desert adventure to come in the mail. I've really been looking forward to getting out there. I've been writing about it a little bit here. It seems some MMA websites have reported on the story, posting up that I might die out in the desert, or that it might be my greatest opponent yet, etc. Come on guys. It's really common down in southern
California to go out to the off road recreation areas in the desert about an hour away from LA and San Diego. So my plan is to go out to the desert, do some camping, ride the motorcycle, and shoot some guns. Sounds like a lot of fun to me. A lot of people do it. This isn't a version of "Into the Wild". I'm not going out into the desert with a pair of shorts and a bowie knife, to try to live off the land. I'm going fully geared up, and I'm planning on having some fun.

I do plan on going back pretty far, so I did mention in one of my posts that I wanted to make sure to have good quality gear. Any failure of gear out in the desert could cause a problem.

So here I am waiting on this gear I ordered. Despite the surfing, and all the other things there are to do around here, I've been really anxious to go camping, and I've gotten really bored waiting.

I got a call this afternoon from the UFC public relations department. Turns out they need someone last minute to make an appearance out in Milwaukee at the Harley Davidson 105th Anniversary. Perfect. Gives me something to do. I'm a biker anyway.

Heading off to the big party in Milwaukee this weekend, and when I get back, going to go play in the desert a little bit. Back into training after that.

PS I'm flying in to Milwaukee. I'm in Oceanside right now. There's no way I could ride the bike and be there by this weekend"

Also, don't be surprised if many people start calling Evan Tanner their favourite fighter out of nowhere. Just watch.

I hope its not you man but if it is RIP brohan.

You gave us many great fights.

WAR TANNER!!

wow...hoping it's not him but if it is
rip evan tanner

wow, what a coincidence after reading that blog..fuck i hope its not him.

I think it's time to admit that it's true.

My heart hurts.

At least he doesn't have to battle his demons anymore and he's finally at peace.

:icon_cry2:icon_cry2:icon_sad::icon_sad:

Also, don't be surprised if many people start calling Evan Tanner their favourite fighter out of nowhere. Just watch.

You'll be surprised how many people actually have loved Evan from the beginning. I know myself and about five others on here that consider him our favorites, plus the guy was/is a warrior and has always been a popular fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back