ESPN to lay off 100 more people after Thanksgiving

This was funny... "At the same time, ESPN has faced allegations of political bias in its coverage. Network executives have repeatedly denied the accusations and earlier this month released a new social media policy for employees. The policy urges ESPN employees to avoid political discussions on social platforms."

Anybody ever actually watch ESPN? Every time I turn it on it's nothing but political bullshit... and as far as bias goes how can they possibly deny they are anything except for far left?

I'm glad this entire channel is suffering... these are the fucking clowns who force politics on sports fans and it's annoying.

LMAO @ the title being after thanksgiving, and not before Christmas.

Times are changing, people just don't watch TV like they used to. The only reason I even have cable is because of live sports.

well, ESPN's coverage is douchetastic even when it is apolitical.

I'm hesitant to say that people are turning off in mass due to politics when they are so terrible in so many ways.

LMAO @ the title being after thanksgiving, and not before Christmas.

I never really got the big deal about this kind of stuff. There is pretty much a holiday or event every month of the year. Never really a 'good' time to lay off staff.

Or........
Maybe I am naive but I just don't feel like there are enough stuck up people to not watch sports news or anything else (NFL) because of political standpoints or protests to make a difference. Not watching a certain news station because they have a certain standpoint makes sense but sports and sports related stations, meh. I feel like what's making a bigger difference is saturation, quality of content, and cord cutters.

No need anymore for a one size fits all sports TV channel. Each sport has its own specialty channel, plus HL shows.

ESPN is OBSOLETE with the internet.

Who needs to tune in for highlights when we have youtube channels doing it instantly.

This isnt the 90's. People arent getting their sports news from a television broadcast. They need to evolve towards the proper outlets. Thats mean a comprehensive smartphone ap while partnering with YouTube to deliver taped content.

Makes you wonder where they spent all that revenue they earned for two decades.

Too much politics, too many talking head shows, not enough sports and real journalism. I don't want to tune in for MSNBC lite or for their "personalities". Just give me sports and highlights. Now I'll always just watch MLB Network, Dodgers Network, or NFL Network because you get stats, replays, and behind the scenes stories about the players/teams. Can't even listen to ESPN radio as they are always talking about politics and race constantly. The courage award for Jenner getting a vagina was the last straw for me.

Espn is losing people because their content fucking sucks, not because of political garbage.

Seriously, who here wants to listen to stephen smith slob Lonzo ball's knob every day for an hour? Fuck that.

ESPN is OBSOLETE with the internet.

Who needs to tune in for highlights when we have youtube channels doing it instantly.
Quality NFL prime time in the day can't be touched by YouTube

Maybe I am naive but I just don't feel like there are enough stuck up people to not watch sports news or anything else (NFL) because of political standpoints or protests to make a difference. Not watching a certain news station because they have a certain standpoint makes sense but sports and sports related stations, meh. I feel like what's making a bigger difference is saturation, quality of content, and cord cutters.

It happened to me...I wouldnt even consider myself republican but I had enough with hearing Max Kellerman and Stephen A smiths take on black lives matter every morning.

well, ESPN's coverage is douchetastic even when it is apolitical.

I'm hesitant to say that people are turning off in mass due to politics when they are so terrible in so many ways.
Investing heavy into sham, troll debate like Stephen A. Smith vs. Skip Bayless might work in the short term, but it doesn't take long before the gig is up.
This isnt the 90's. People arent getting their sports news from a television broadcast. They need to evolve towards the proper outlets. Thats mean a comprehensive smartphone ap while partnering with YouTube to deliver taped content.

Makes you wonder where they spent all that revenue they earned for two decades.
Their app today is bad by 2010 standards.

Back