Media ESPN Graded The "Most Exciting" UFC Divisions And.. Jamahal Hill and Fighters Were NOT Happy

Top5 LHW are solid but it gets pretty bad as it gets down the lower end of the top10

You guys agree with it? I'd say LW should've been 2 at least.

-Jamahal Hill and a Few Other Fighters weren't happy-

Heavyweight should be D- because the champs either don't fight, or leaves the organization, and only Tom Aspinall is trying to get fights with his interim belt

At least the LHW title picture is active, even though it's chaotic

Top5 LHW are solid but it gets pretty bad as it gets down the lower end of the top10
But over Heavyweight? I'd say outside of Heavyweight's top 4 it's quite barren.

It says in the caption that this is for the first Quarter of the year and it is absolutely right.

BW has had lots of big fights this year. Merab vs Cejudo, O'malley vs Chito, Yan vs Song, ect.

Meanwhile LHW has had no title fights yet. Jiri, Alex, Hill, Jan, Rakic, Roundtree Jr, Smith, Spann, Krylov have not fought this year. so in the first quarter of the year nothing has happened so it should be a D-

BTW another reason why Hill goofy, he's getting outraged at something but couldn't be bothered to read what the site is even ranking.

Last edited:
I'm dumb so maybe I need some help here, but how are they grading the divisions based off the first quarter of 2024?
Like are we counting all the bouts from a divisions? Or just ranked and championship fights? If it's all the fights then that's tricky cuz I haven't watched that many prelims so far this year and I'd be probably missing out on a lot then.

And what are they basing it on? How many finishes there was in a division? How many bonuses? Or just a personal opinion thing.
I do agree bantamweight has been awesome this year so far tho, I would think that's probably the right one to take the top spot.

It says in the caption that this is for the first Quarter of the year and it is absolutely right.
Yeah, Idk if LHW should be at the bottom but so far this year I can't really thing of anything too crazy in that division that highlights it tbh.
Maybe Walker getting KO'd in another goofy way early in the year should earn it an extra few points lol

See, I'd break this down into two different categories: title scene, and unranked scene.

The bantamweight division's unranked scene is mega. The title scene, not so much, really. The best it has to offer is O'Malley vs Merab, with Sandhagen waiting in the wings. *shrug* Ranks 4-7 are all kinda out of the equation, and there's a big gap to the peloton that includes guys like Umar, Kyler, and Jonathan Martinez among others.

In terms of the title scene, the men's flyweight division is the worst, and the heavyweight scene is actually pretty damn good. Aspinall vs Jones, Blaydes waiting in the wings, the winner of Pavlovich vs Volkov ready to step up potentially, these are all good heavyweights fighters. But in terms of the unranked scene, heavyweight is awful.

BW has had lots of big fights this year. Merab vs Cejudo, O'malley vs Chito, Yan vs Song, ect.

Meanwhile LHW has had no title fights yet. Jiri, Alex, Hill, Jan, Rakic, Roundtree Jr, Smith, Spann, Krylov have not fought this year. so in the first quarter of the year nothing has happened so it should be a D-
Yeah so far + a projection for the year as well.
I'd say even then bantamweight being an A+ is crazy if its just the first quarter. I think featherweight had better overall bouts so far.

Yeah, Idk if LHW should be at the bottom but so far this year I can't really thing of anything too crazy in that division that highlights it tbh.
Maybe Walker getting KO'd in another goofy way early in the year should earn it an extra few points lol
hah, Almost forgot about that somehow. I love how cartoonishly walker finds himself knocked out. It's some tom and jerry shit with him every time.

Another thing that is funny is WBW had a title fight and they didn't even rank it. They could be basing it off of amount of headliners. Might have to look into it.

hah, Almost forgot about that somehow. I love how cartoonishly walker finds himself knocked out. It's some tom and jerry shit with him every time.

Another thing that is funny is WBW had a title fight and they didn't even rank it. They could be basing it off of amount of headliners. Might have to look into it.
The year 2024 is already a quarter way in. How is every division in the UFC looking thus far?

We can use a variety of criteria to grade the 11 divisions in the UFC. How interesting has each division been and how interested are we in watching them over the next 9 months? How compelling is the champ? Are there real rivalries to keep an eye on? How strong is the weight classes' depth? What kind of up-and-comers are there? Are the right fights booked?

Let's hand out grades for each division based on various aspects, but most importantly, how badly do you want to watch this division in the coming years?

--
That's about how far not having an ESPN subscription gets me.
Seems like there's at least some consideration for future, but I can't get into any of the substance of the article to see how they answered those questions or how heavily they were even weighed

ESPN right tho fam LHW is the weak das y Jamahill finna run the division str8 up he just ain't woke to it yet 🗣️📠🚫🖨️ ain't nobody finna beat him now dat Paul Craig runnin scared fam ain't rdy for dem handz not him not Poatan not Jiri Ankles NOBODY fam smokes em all like grabba 🗣️💨🥋

15959485738984-e1595948670497.jpg

Back