Rewatch Erceg beat Pantoja

exactly how I scored it, Erceg beat the piss out of Pantoja, and if they went back to the old scoring criteria, you might make a case for 3-2 Erceg.
I encourage you to watch the fight again paying close attention to round 3. I think that round is clear for Erceg and that's the key round that everybody got wrong. Also listen to the commentary between after round 3 and in round 4. Pantoja almost threw up on the stool and he was diminished in round 4. The guys in the booth were suggesting that it was the heat that might've been getting to Pantoja. Terrible job all around. How about the beating that Erceg was giving Pantoja and that Pantoja was at least slightly concussed.
{<jordan}

It was 2-2 going into the 5th, and Ecreg clearly lost the 5th round. Stop crying.

Nobody is crying. How about watching the fight again Tits and tell me what you think of round 3. We can talk about what specifically you thought Pantoja did to win that round.

Yea, it was a bad robbery. Pantoja is such a weak champ. These bad decisions ruin the sport.

I had it 2-2 going into the 5th, but I was hoping the judges thought like TS and gave erceg that 3rd round for clearly doing the most damage.

Last edited:
Lol he deserved to lose. Low IQ fighter doing low IQ stuff.

Nothing about the result is remotely controversial.. Erceg literally could have won if he didn't go for the dumbest move I've ever seen a fighter do.

He would have won 48-47 on 2 judges if he wasn't an idiot.

To say he was up 3-1 going into the 5th and should have won even after losing the 5th round lol. HIS corner didn't even think that and they were right there lol

I think we still have to give Teh Chris his due for employing the most brain dead move in MMA

I encourage you to watch the fight again paying close attention to round 3. I think that round is clear for Erceg and that's the key round that everybody got wrong. Also listen to the commentary between after round 3 and in round 4. Pantoja almost threw up on the stool and he was diminished in round 4. The guys in the booth were suggesting that it was the heat that might've been getting to Pantoja. Terrible job all around. How about the beating that Erceg was giving Pantoja and that Pantoja was at least slightly concussed.

Nobody is crying. How about watching the fight again Tits and tell me what you think of round 3. We can talk about what specifically you thought Pantoja did to win that round.

I just watched it less than 12 hours ago. I have no interest in rewatching 25 minutes of manlet fighting. I know what I saw. Pantoja outstruck Ecreg and controlled him on the ground in round 3. Cutting someone with an elbow doesn't win you a round when you get taken down multiple times and smothered. 48-47 Pantoja. Let it go.

Close fights aren't robberies. The only bad score was 49-46.

Yes, bad decisions ruin the sport, but this isn't one of them. Imagine Ecreg as a champ. A man his size cutting down to 125 is absurd.

His size? He's a skinny 5'7 tops lol. He makes weight easily.

His size? He's a skinny 5'7 tops lol. He makes weight easily.

He looked way bigger than Pantoja. He looks like he's 5'10". Yes, skinny but he probably weighed around 155-160 in the cage. Granted, that's still a pitiful size for an adult male, but he's fighting midgets, so...

I just watched it less than 12 hours ago. I have no interest in rewatching 25 minutes of manlet fighting. I know what I saw. Pantoja outstruck Ecreg and controlled him on the ground in round 3. Cutting someone with an elbow doesn't win you a round when you get taken down multiple times and smothered. 48-47 Pantoja. Let it go.
"I know what I saw. Pantoja outstruck Ecreg........in round 3."

You know what you saw but you don't know what you're talking about. Pantoja was clearly outstruck in round 3. Pantoja might've even been at least slightly concussed from the elbow and other blows in round 3. Anik pointed out that Pantoja almost threw up on the stool between rounds. They were blaming the heat for Pantoja looking off in round 4. Erceg rattled his brain in 3 and continued the punishment in round 4. Pantoja was clearly diminished after the third round. He stopped blitzing forward because he was getting punished with elbows and other strikes when he did. Erceg was the better fighter last night.

He looked way bigger than Pantoja. He looks like he's 5'10". Yes, skinny but he probably weighed around 155-160 in the cage. Granted, that's still a pitiful size for an adult male, but he's fighting midgets, so...

I don't know. He looks like a skinny 5'7 nerd to me. pantoja is like 5'5 and has a wider stance that makes him seem shorter. Erceg said he could cut even more weight if he needs to. I highly doubt he's 155lbs in the cage -- that's heavy for bantamweights on fight night, let alone flyweights.

The Aussie won. That take down on the 5th was a mistake though. Good scrap.

"I know what I saw. Pantoja outstruck Ecreg........in round 3."

You know what you saw but you don't know what you're talking about. Pantoja was clearly outstruck in round 3. Pantoja might've even been at least slightly concussed from the elbow and other blows in round 3. Anik pointed out that Pantoja almost threw up on the stool between rounds. They were blaming the heat for Pantoja looking off in round 4. Erceg rattled his brain in 3 and continued the punishment in round 4. Pantoja was clearly diminished after the third round. He stopped blitzing forward because he was getting punished with elbows and other strikes when he did. Erceg was the better fighter last night.

You must be smoking crack or have full blown aspergers. I just pulled up the stats and they back up what I said. You seem to be really hung up on what the commentators (who were terrible) were saying, especially Anik.

I get it, you don't like Pantoja and wanted him to lose, but the only round he clearly lost was 4. He took that round off then dominated Ecreg in round 5.

I don't know. He looks like a skinny 5'7 nerd to me. pantoja is like 5'5 and has a wider stance that makes him seem shorter. Erceg said he could cut even more weight if he needs to. I highly doubt he's 155lbs in the cage -- that's heavy for bantamweights on fight night, let alone flyweights.

He looked at least one weight class bigger than Pantoja, and still got manhandled on the ground. Why on earth would he want to cut even more weight? That's insane.

I thought the decision was correct

Pantoja was the clearly superior grappler, and im pretty sure he had the edge in overall strikes landed

Damage as a criteria imo is too subjective. Guys like the Diaz Brothers bleed like crazy, and Chael beat Anderson Silva tf up for 23 minutes but Silva was hardly even bruised and Chael looked like shit. So it's sort of hard to just say based on aesthetics that Erceg deserved the win for landing a nasty elbow or overhand that split Pantoja up...as he walked through said strike into a takedown and 2+ minutes of grappling dominance

Personally I had Pantoja winning three rounds. Round 3 was a toss-up, I don't mind anyone giving it to Erceg. Round 1 was all Pantoja, though -- had there been a little bit more I think we would have seen a 10-8 or two scored.

The weirder scoring was in that Dione fight.

I thought she lost a pretty clear 29-28, and cannot figure out how the Lithuanian didn't win.

I didn't see it that way. As a matter of fact I had it 29-27 for Barbosa. It is what it is, though.

Back