Epic Beer Thread V33: Rejoice, it's stout season!

London Sherfolk - y'all aware of the Beavertown Extravaganza this September?

http://www.beavertownbrewery.co.uk/?post_type=wpa_events&p=2190

At £55 it's pricey, but could be fun times.

Oh boy!

Sam-dr-sam-beckett-31211598-766-535.jpg

Epic-Big-Bad-Baptist-Imperial1.jpg

The Big Bad Baptista (BBB with Mexican Coffee, cocoa nibs, vanilla, and cinnamon) was also stellar when it was released, but I haven't had it lately.

Epic-Big-Bad-Baptist-Imperial1.jpg

The Big Bad Baptista (BBB with Mexican Coffee, cocoa nibs, vanilla, and cinnamon) was also stellar when it was released, but I haven't had it lately.

Baptista was a super limited release, so you won't likely have it until next year or later this year.

What do you guys think of amarillo hops? i just tried a single hop brew of it from Bells. It was fairly light, but i imagine a strongly hopped version would taste quite good.

Baptista was a super limited release, so you won't likely have it until next year or later this year.

It's still relatively easy to find here in Denver, there's still some on the shelf at the store up the street.

Not saying this thread has me trying more stouts....

New Holland DRagons Milk BB aged stout is eff'ing AWESOME
It is by far the best BB aged bear I've tried regardless of the style. The bourbon flavor was well hidden

Oscar Blues Imperial REd Ale - WOW just eff'in WOW...is there a better Imperial RED IPA? I now have this Imperial /Double IPA as my favorite...DFH 90 is now #2

I've got Breakfast stout in the fridge ....and its breakfast time lol

Oscar Blues Imperial REd Ale - WOW just eff'in WOW...is there a better Imperial RED IPA? I now have this Imperial /Double IPA as my favorite
never seen it on the shelf before. will be sure to look out for it

Ended up getting a Hunapu from a friend and scored a couple of KBS from the local packie.

What do you guys think of amarillo hops? i just tried a single hop brew of it from Bells. It was fairly light, but i imagine a strongly hopped version would taste quite good.

I had some One Hop This Time with Amarillo from Nightshift a few weeks ago and thought it was kind of missing something. I liked it but at the time thought Amarillo might be a good hop addition with another more fruity hop.

Yesterday, I grabbed some Lawson's Super Session #2 which is also straight Amarillo. With that beer it stands very well on its own. I'm more used to Trillium juice bombs at this point but this one is a nice change of pace and super sessionable.

This thread's on life support. Scored a set of Antead today. Flipped the rye in the parking lot for some Juice Machine. Looking forward to some good drinking this week.

Hate beer crew checking in

Can't stand the taste because I'm basically a hairy woman, but I absolutely love trying all different types of craft beer. I usually like the darker stuff and nothing very hoppy.

Any suggestions? I am in Ohio

Can't stand the taste because I'm basically a hairy woman, but I absolutely love trying all different types of craft beer. I usually like the darker stuff and nothing very hoppy.

Know the Ohio market fairly well. What styles?

Great Lakes out of Cleveland makes great dark beers. Edmund Fitzgerald Porter and Blackout Stout are both fantastic.

Hit both Trillium and Treehouse this week. Gorack was right, Galaxy Fort Point is amazing.

For TH I got Green and Lights On.

Was in MA and RI for work last week and did the same. My opinion of Tree House is steadfast. I don't get it. Happy I stopped at Trillium though despite the prices being stupid.

Yeah, I have yet to drink in Trillium's taproom as their pricing is ridiculous. Cheaper to just get cans and drink them elsewhere.

Back