News Engineers invent a mechanical weight loss drug with a wifi connection

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
MIT_Obesity-Treatment-02-PRESS.jpg

sciadvadj3003-f1-copy.jpg

Vibratory Ingestible BioElectronic Stimulator, or VIBES for short, stimulates nerve endings that sense stomach expansion, tricking the brain into thinking the stomach is full.
“The capsule, about the size of a large vitamin, houses a tiny motor that starts vibrating when it hits the stomach, stimulating the organ’s stretch receptors,” according to MIT Technology Review magazine.

The current version of VIBES is designed to vibrate for 30 minutes after arriving in the stomach, but researchers plan to explore the possibility of it remaining there longer, with the ability to be able to turn it on or off wirelessly.
During animal testing, the pills passed through the digestive track in about four to five days.
“The animals did not show any signs of obstruction, perforation, or other negative impacts while the pill was in their digestive tract,” MIT’s release said.

Passes through digestive system in 4-5 days? What I eat tonight will come out in tomorrow mornings poop.

its literally easier to just eat right and fucking exercise. Why are people so god damn lazy?
Many humans are too lazy to raise their children right. I'm not surprised they want to take shortcuts when it comes to lesser things.

People get implants to look like they have muscles.

People get liposuction and all kind of weird surgeries.

Do you remember these weird shocking devices that were supposed to give you muscles?

Society is fucking weird.

Last edited:
My friend is asking if it is safe to put in your rectum?

God people are lazy, undiciplined fucks.

Eat a salad, go for a run, and redirect research funds.

Or you know, you could try eating some salad, or fruit, and running a bit.

What happens if someone eats a bunch of’em?

Imagine walking through airport security and they're like 'Sir, we detected something vibrating in your digestive system'

'oh yeah that's my Vibratory Ingestible BioElectronic Stimulator'
'yeah we hear that one all the time. Please bend over the table sir'

Back