End a fight in 2 moves.

And the filthy cup. You can't forget the filthy cup. Not only protective but if filthy enough, a deterrent.
Just do the wrestler trick then, go a month without bathing to gross out the competition. The cons to that tactic, is that it also repels poon.

Matt Lindland tested, Matt Lindland approved.

Get a helmet and you're set.

Seriously now, a helmet is a great advantage, but it has a huge draw back. If you can get a grip on it (the opening under the jaw, or at the visor) you have a full control of the guy...
You just pull his face down, and he cant do absolutely nothing. He will be bending towards you while you have a (kind of) half MT clinch on him with a solid grip/control, and he wont be able to get away from it... And then you just knee the plexus till results are satisfying...

(another fine example on the superiority of MT against racers)

Okay, you've made so many wrestling and balls references that I can't go any longer without posting my favorite wrestling joke. Uggg... I know I'm going to regret this.

The Russian Pretzel Hold

The scene is the heavyweight wrestling finals at the 1972 Olympics. The US had never won a single medal in wrestling. Somehow our heavyweight had made it to the finals. The problem, he was up against the guy who had won in the past three Olympics straight. The undefeated Russian who was famous for cranking opponents into unhuman looking knots. His famous hold was the “Russian Pretzel Hold.” No one had ever escaped that hold.

The US coach told our guy to just run the clock out. Don’t get near the guy, just keep moving. The first couple of minutes went well with the American on his bike. Then it happened. In a flash, the Russian grabbed the American. There was a blood curdling scream and the American was tied up and smashed on the mat.

The American coach turned his back and started to just walk out. It was over. Then, there was another even louder scream. The crowd cheered. The American threw the Russian into the air, grabbed him and straight arm slammed him to the mat and held him down with one arm. The American had done the unimaginable.

The coach ran to his wrestler and asked him how did you do it? How did you escape the Russian Pretzel hold?

He replied: “Well coach. When he wrapped me up in the Pretzel hold I couldn’t breathe. I was in so much pain I was starting to black out. I was twisted so bad I could hear my bones breaking. I thought I was going to die. Then I saw these two hairy balls hanging in my face. Really, I thought I was dead. So… I bit ‘em as hard as I could. And coach… you really don’t know how much strength you’ve got until you bite your own balls.”
<{anton}>

Seriously now, a helmet is a great advantage, but it has a huge draw back. If you can get a grip on it (the opening under the jaw, or at the visor) you have a full control of the guy...
You just pull his face down, and he cant do absolutely nothing. He will be bending towards you while you have a (kind of) half MT clinch on him with a solid grip/control, and he wont be able to get away from it... And then you just knee the plexus till results are satisfying...

(another fine example on the superiority of MT against racers)
Headbutts. And its 100% known that all MT fighters need terrible music and the voodoo ritual known as the high koo to get into the groove, otherwise they're brittle and useless. Its the PED version of moo thigh.

The great part with the gear and helmet is if you can't see their face, they can't describe you to the cops when they snitch.

Cop: can you describe the person who turned you into a housewife son?

Dude: umm, dude was in all black and had a huge head.

Cop: Alright, we'll file the report and keep you updated

On a slightly related note, someone wore soccer shinguards home.... now that I think about it, the dudes I train with are strange.

Okay, you've made so many wrestling and balls references that I can't go any longer without posting my favorite wrestling joke. Uggg... I know I'm going to regret this.

The Russian Pretzel Hold

The scene is the heavyweight wrestling finals at the 1972 Olympics. The US had never won a single medal in wrestling. Somehow our heavyweight had made it to the finals. The problem, he was up against the guy who had won in the past three Olympics straight. The undefeated Russian who was famous for cranking opponents into unhuman looking knots. His famous hold was the “Russian Pretzel Hold.” No one had ever escaped that hold.

The US coach told our guy to just run the clock out. Don’t get near the guy, just keep moving. The first couple of minutes went well with the American on his bike. Then it happened. In a flash, the Russian grabbed the American. There was a blood curdling scream and the American was tied up and smashed on the mat.

The American coach turned his back and started to just walk out. It was over. Then, there was another even louder scream. The crowd cheered. The American threw the Russian into the air, grabbed him and straight arm slammed him to the mat and held him down with one arm. The American had done the unimaginable.

The coach ran to his wrestler and asked him how did you do it? How did you escape the Russian Pretzel hold?

He replied: “Well coach. When he wrapped me up in the Pretzel hold I couldn’t breathe. I was in so much pain I was starting to black out. I was twisted so bad I could hear my bones breaking. I thought I was going to die. Then I saw these two hairy balls hanging in my face. Really, I thought I was dead. So… I bit ‘em as hard as I could. And coach… you really don’t know how much strength you’ve got until you bite your own balls.”
18m7tuyanxopfjpg.jpg
vQCgowo.gif

a4fe45fe3f7bc345940abb05a74f0d5e.jpg

Last edited:
Listening to people talk about how to deal with street violence is often times like listening to an Akido guy talking about how to deal with an MMA fighter in the cage. Overly theoretical, a bit delusional and with no real practical experience behind it.

I'll take my advice from people like Geoff Thompson, over some Mcdojo "self defense" teacher, or even ammy fighters with no real life experience. I'm speaking in general terms here.

people love to think as a "street fight" as an MMA match. When in reality, its not. There are absolutely no rules. There is no such thing as dirty. Remember and incorporate that into your tactics.

You guys talk so much hypothetical stuff like this will never work. Fact is I was blackout drunk at 17 years old and I used this exact move to knockout one 23 year old guy that ran at me. And then a regular one two to knock another one out, both folded like chairs right away because they came in with wide hooks and I hit them with straights and that's all there is to it. And I was so done that i was seeing 4 of one person running at me.

You guys talk so much hypothetical stuff like this will never work. Fact is I was blackout drunk at 17 years old and I used this exact move to knockout one 23 year old guy that ran at me. And then a regular one two to knock another one out, both folded like chairs right away because they came in with wide hooks and I hit them with straights and that's all there is to it. And I was so done that i was seeing 4 of one person running at me.

And I didn't even remember this. I was shown a video and that's how I found out what happened

There's not much other choice than to use hypotheticals. You're going to be in an unknown situation at an unknown time in an unknown location against an unknown opponent. You can't fully replicate a self-defense situation in the gym and you can't fully test your skills. The best you can do is gear up heavily and simulate as best you can. You can watch film of actual encounters to help you refine technique but with the infinite variables involved it's impossible to finitely define anything.

I'm glad that you came out on top in your situation. Others have died in similar scenarios. It's really a crap shoot whether you're trained or not.

I will concede this: 99% of what is taught as self-defense in dojos and dochangs is 100% crap. At least the crowd in here actually knows how to connect with full power.

That's not my point, my point is for a certain situation this will work what I posted. If I was to go over every single possible scenario in one video that one video would be hours maybe even days long. That would be impossible, you can't be dissing her this video because it doesn't go over all possible scenarios. When I was younger I've been in street fights where I lost because I didn't take into account the terrain. In a Muay Thai or mma gym or self defense gym even you practice on a flat surface not on an inclined hill where you will also have small craters where you roll your ankle and fall. You just can't make a video that takes everything into account and all types of scenarios there's different stuff you can do all with benefits and negatives. But you can't diss this because it has actually worked! Sure there's benefits and negatives to it. Is it the best? No way to know just like there's no one best martial art or mma style it depends. Does it have negatives and holes? Sure. Does it have its pluses ? Absolutely

You can't say I'm talking out my ass and never been in this situation. I'm from a place where crime was high that I had a grown man pull a knife out on me and threaten to stab me when I was 5-6 years old. Last time I had an experience like that I had a dude attack me and go for my neck when I was 18 a grown guy was some cokehead and I did get out that one alive. I've had lots of street fights and I don't condone it and now that I'm older (20) and have direction in my life and hopeful mma career I never get into those as they are useless and dangerous. I write all of this because I want to show that the work I put out on YouTube is done with integrity and comes from experience.

You posted this one while I was typing my last post. I get it. And, I applaud your motives. I even get where you're coming from with your technique. I also get why you post clean looking technique. You want to teach skill and effectiveness. Props.

The problem is, like I said earlier, teaching self-defense always invites lots of debate. A lot of us dwell on the dirty side. You've obviously seen a lot of it. Now you're trained so you see that side as well. I guess the answer is in the middle ground. Unfortunately we will all still be debating regardless.

Again, props for wanting to do good for others.

Thank you for the respect, much appreciated replies.

Headbutts.

Why do you think we have the long guard? Control the head with the extended hand. You wont get near for the headbutt, and then we transition to the MT clinch by grabbing the helmet...

And its 100% known that all MT fighters need terrible music and the voodoo ritual known as the high koo to get into the groove, otherwise they're brittle and useless. Its the PED version of moo thigh.

Nonsense... We just need to spend a round shadowboxing to let the gamblers do their job... (and so that people think that the 6 miles running in the morning is necessary for a "5" round match)
The wai khru is to bore the audience, so that the fight seems a lot more spectacular...
And the music is to mask the loud noises we do when we exhale, so people don't mistake the ring with the mating season at the zoo...

Last edited:
High koo is Japanese poetry Shertard J123

No, High Coo is the traditional style of office for the king of pigeons, which in more modern times formed the etymological root for the chief operating officers of a corporation.

Please do not display such embarrassing cultural ignorance to our urban winged neighbors.

Last edited:
instead of blocking the attacker's right, just go underneath it with a straight right to the groin. Fight's over in one move.
<1>

instead of blocking the attacker's right, just go underneath it with a straight right to the groin. Fight's over in one move.
<1>
What if he's one of those wierdos that wear a steel cup everywhere he goes? FIght not over in 1 move

What if he's one of those wierdos that wear a steel cup everywhere he goes? FIght not over in 1 move

Okay, two moves against the weirdo wearing a steel cup. Still more efficient Kung fu than the TS against all other opposition

Back