Elon Musk Agrees to $44b Deal for Twitter

You failed to answer my question, but your word salad implies you're a yes.

You also demonstrated how little you understand free speech.

Can you tell me what free speech is?

It's worth about a 1/3 of what Elon paid for it. Worship him harder and maybe the stock price will go up.
It's not on the stock market. You have no idea what it's worth. You're just repeating a line you read somewhere. LOL.

It's not on the stock market. You have no idea what it's worth. You're just repeating a line you read somewhere. LOL.

Oh no!

It's still worth 1/3 of what it was when he purchased it, public listing or no. And we can track that through the revenue stream, which is down so low he's stooped to spamming the cite with bots.

I know you think Elon's a super duper business man, but heres some free business school advice: If you paid 300% more than what anyone else would value a product, you made a bad deal.

But again, lets recap the history of both your and my predictions in this thread:

------------------

Prediction 1:

Elon decides to buy Twitter for $44 billion.

-Me: That's way to high.
-You: Oh yeah Elon, that will show the libs!
-Result: Twitter is valued much less than what he paid for it.

Prediction 2:

Elon tried to back out of his deal to buy twitter.

-Me: He ran his mouth too much and is now entered into a contract. He's stuck.
-You: You aren't a real lawyer. Elon knows more than any lawyer because he has money. This was all a ruse to trick the rubes, he'll never have to pay for it!
-Result: Elon is forced to buy twitter.

Prediction 3:

Elon is all about free speech.

-Me: He'll go about banning people just like twitter did before him. And it still won't violate the Constitution because it's a private company.
-You: Elon is gonna let the truth flow! The twitter files will expose crimes that I still can't articulate!
-Result: Twitter files is a joke; his source is disgraced; and Elon proceeds to ban record amounts of people that personally offend him.

--------------------

So sparky, given you've been wrong every step of the way here, I'd probably pump the brakes on any future predictions. I will say this though, if Elon can ever monetize Canadians sticking their tongues up his ass, you'd float the company alone for years.

Oh no!

It's still worth 1/3 of what it was when he purchased it, public listing or no. And we can track that through the revenue stream, which is down so low he's stooped to spamming the cite with bots.

I know you think Elon's a super duper business man, but heres some free business school advice: If you paid 300% more than what anyone else would value a product, you made a bad deal.

But again, lets recap the history of both your and my predictions in this thread:

------------------

Prediction 1:

Elon decides to buy Twitter for $44 billion.

-Me: That's way to high.
-You: Oh yeah Elon, that will show the libs!
-Result: Twitter is valued much less than what he paid for it.

Prediction 2:

Elon tried to back out of his deal to buy twitter.

-Me: He ran his mouth too much and is now entered into a contract. He's stuck.
-You: You aren't a real lawyer. Elon knows more than any lawyer because he has money. This was all a ruse to trick the rubes, he'll never have to pay for it!
-Result: Elon is forced to buy twitter.

Prediction 3:

Elon is all about free speech.

-Me: He'll go about banning people just like twitter did before him. And it still won't violate the Constitution because it's a private company.
-You: Elon is gonna let the truth flow! The twitter files will expose crimes that I still can't articulate!
-Result: Twitter files is a joke; his source is disgraced; and Elon proceeds to ban record amounts of people that personally offend him.

--------------------

So sparky, given you've been wrong every step of the way here, I'd probably pump the brakes on any future predictions. I will say this though, if Elon can ever monetize Canadians sticking their tongues up his ass, you'd float the company alone for years.
Nice fan fic/meltdown. LOL.

You have no idea what it's worth. You're just a drone, and certainly not a lawyer.

Nice fan fic/meltdown. LOL.

You have no idea what it's worth. You're just a drone, and certainly not a lawyer.

Stellar rebuttal.

All facts you don't like, just aren't real. What a nice safe space you've created in your head.

Unfortunately, others have metrics to measure the health of a company. Like, when that companies revenue drops by 70%, that's bad. And you can use that bad figure, to calculate its worth.

I know that's not what your feelings tell you, but you can't just wish good news into existence because you're upset.

Stellar rebuttal.

All facts you don't like, just aren't real.
Point out one fact that you've presented here. Just one, LOLawyer boy. You didn't even know that it wasn't a publicly traded company. I repeat, you're a drone(and certainly not a lawyer). Your knowledge of anything and everything, is on the first page of a Google search.

Unfortunately, others have metrics to measure the health of a company. Like, when that companies revenue drops by 70%, that's bad.
Yeah, it's so bad, that nothing has changed. At all. Oh', except for them paying contributors(something a company in dire straights does). I'm sure it's doing so incredibly bad with damn near every single national/international media entity, celebrity, sports team, etc, using it as their prominent social media destination. Yep, any day now, it's all gonna come crumbling down. The leftist hack sheets, and...TWITTER feeds you read say so. LOL.

Point out one fact that you've presented here. Just one

-That Elon would be stuck in a contract and forced to buy twitter.
-That Elon would continue to ban accounts.
-That he over payed for Twitter
-That Twitter has lost value since he took over.

All true and all things you swore would never happen.

Yeah, it's so bad, that nothing has changed. At all.

Except the value of the company. Which is a pretty big deal if you own the company.

Let me break this down for you with some really really simple economics, since you claim it's impossible for anyone to measure twitter's value:

You have a company who's primary revenue is advertising. That company then loses 70% of their advertising dollars, without creating any new revenue streams. Now, is that company doing better, or worse?

Take your time. Ask Alpha Dad if this ones too hard.

All true and all things you swore would never happen.
Mostly speculation, and everyone already knew that Elon overpaid, so they had no excuse not to sell it to him.

And no, I haven't commented on anything, other than Twitter continuing to exist under Musk's watch, which apparently drives you guys insane.

Except the value of the company. Which is a pretty big deal if you own the company.

Let me break this down for you with some really really simple economics, since you claim it's impossible for anyone to measure twitter's value:

You have a company who's primary revenue is advertising. That company then loses 70% of their advertising dollars, without creating any new revenue streams. Now, is that company doing better, or worse?

Take your time. Ask Alpha Dad if this ones too hard.
So what's Twitter's value? Be precise. You claim to know it, so let's hear it.

Spoiler: You have absolutely no idea.

Mostly speculation,

No. We can objectively see that's he's banned accounts that he's had personal disagreements with. We can also objectively measure the company's worth by measuring things like revenue vs operating costs. We can also factor in lawsuits that could cost the company quite a bit. Further, we can make deductions when Elon starts selling off stock in his other companies just to float twitter.

and everyone already knew that Elon overpaid, so they had no excuse not to sell it to him.

All this whining just to finally be pushed into a corner and admit he made a bad deal. I guess this is progress.

And no, I haven't commented on anything, other than Twitter continuing to exist under Musk's watch, which apparently drives you guys insane.

You've been reduced to crying about strawmen. No one here predicted twitter would go bankrupt by now. Yet you keep acting like it's continued operation is a win.

You know people can just search this thread and see you pop up once a week to dunk on yourself with another "twitter isn't bankrupt yet," post.

So what's Twitter's value? Be precise. You claim to know it, so let's hear it.

Spoiler: You have absolutely no idea.

As of six-months ago, Elon calculated it to be around $4 billion. So roughly a 90% loss in value.

https://fortune.com/2023/09/06/elon-musk-x-what-is-twitter-worth/

I don't know if I'd be that rough on him. I'm sure there are plenty of smarter people who know they could do better than him that would be willing to pay a bit more. Still, I wouldn't put it past $17 billion, tops. So either way, a huge loss.

Last edited:
Musk lying about the border bill. This wasnt even a point republicans were making.

please enjoy this classic hot scoop from my favorite president

QrRj2xM.png

Trump being a total fangirl to Putin + Putin calling Elon a "smart man" = checkmate pussygrabber

Well, that's fucking terrifying.

Something to think about before getting into an electric car.

I am dumb so excuse me for asking.
If the car is going down in water will the electric windows work so you can roll them down?

I am starting to think my old mom is smart.
She bought a brand new but cheap car, it was at the time the only new car that still had old roll down by hand cranks in the car.

Bitch McDonald’s billionaire sister in law was murdered by her Tesla

FYI any car that is submerged will be in the same exact boat. The water pressure will prevent you from rolling the window down.

That's why there are special tools that they sell where it allows you to quickly break it.

Last edited:
I am dumb so excuse me for asking.
If the car is going down in water will the electric windows work so you can roll them down?

I am starting to think my old mom is smart.
She bought a brand new but cheap car, it was at the time the only new car that still had old roll down by hand cranks in the car.

I know that Teslas have failed because they got wet, so no idea about the windows.

Sometimes mom logic is the best.

Back