EFN/FNG 82 PBP: Vitaly Minakov v Tony Johnson Jr.

Minakov needs to get to the ufc somehow. He's definitely top 5 material, don't think he'd have trouble with anyone except Werdum/Stipe/Ngannou but those are about 50-50 imo. Needs to still work on gas tank though.

Minakov would beat anyone in UFC, I been saying that for years on here. I'm totally convinced he can be champ in UFC. 21-0 now, he will probably never come though because he has a very expensive contract in Russia and UFC don't want to pay him a lot, they just want cheap labor.

Minakov has a lot of skills, but something about his eyes tell me he would be a super hard guy to beat, he has that cold look in his eyes.. I reckon it would take a big effort to beat him.

Minakov has wins over Bigfoot, Volkov and Kongo, but he's 33 in a couple of months.

Knowing how stingy the UFC is, I can't see them paying like 100/100 for a relatively unknown, ageing heavyweight with limited English.

I definitely think he'd beat guys like Hunt and Black Beast.

Minakov has arguably the best top game in the HW division. Once he gets guys down he is relentless.

His grappling overall is awesome too and he has aesome takedowns but he often stays too long on his feet... big power but sloppy striking.

Who else is next for him? I kind of like to see him clean all the HW division outside the UFC/Bellator

Minakov would beat anyone in UFC, I been saying that for years on here. I'm totally convinced he can be champ in UFC. 21-0 now, he will probably never come though because he has a very expensive contract in Russia and UFC don't want to pay him a lot, they just want cheap labor.

Minakov has a lot of skills, but something about his eyes tell me he would be a super hard guy to beat, he has that cold look in his eyes.. I reckon it would take a big effort to beat him.
When he fights smart he is really though for anyone.

If he fights stupid like he did against Linderman he is going to lose anytime soon.

Agreed with the above comment. Minakov is a fantastic fighter but takes a lot of risks. He couldn't do that with the UFC top 5

Back