Edgar fans: Do you still think that Edgar beats McGregor?

Uncommon Valor

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
After Aldo dismantled Edgar, I don't see anyone mentioning that Edgar would beat Conor. Has that ship sailed, or do you think that McGregor beats Edgar?

I still think Edgar beats Mcgregor, but now that he lost another fight to Aldo odds are him and McG never meet.

I think he destroys McGregor. And personally; and I know I'm going to get hated on for this, I always thought Edgar was a little overrated. Still do.

I think Edgar is the worst match up for Conor in the UFC. Tough as nails, good chin, strong wrestler, great boxing. Heart for days

McGregor doesn't have the TDD of Aldo. Edgar would have more than a good chance of taking McGregor deep waters and winning.

lol...Frankie "No Answer for Aldo and therefore McGregor" Edgar

Yeah

Conor won't stuff those takedowns the same way Aldo did

He would be ragdolled

Frankie is bad matchup for Conor his style would make this interesting fight.

as much as i would root hard for edgar, no I don't think he could stay out of danger for 5 rounds. he would have a huge reach disadvantage and conor would eventually catch him with something.

edgar might be able to get him down to the ground a few times but doesn't have the GnP or subs to do enough once there. and every round starts standing. conor KOs him eventually.

I don't know anymore, Conor probably takes it but I just want to see it. Edgar can beat him.

He definitely has a shot at it. Only a dumbass uses MMA math to take away his chances just because Aldo's style counters his and McGregor beat Aldo.

Do I think Edgar would beat McGregor still? Yes I do. And twice on Sunday morning. Aldo is just a bad matchup for Edgar like Edgar is a bad matchup for Conor.

Aldo CAN be a bad matchup for Conor too if he'd not rush in like a fool, mix in some takedowns with his underrated offensive wrestling and keep Conor guessing. Gas his ass out and submit him.

wont be so pretentious as to predict an outcome, but i will wager conor would have his hands full, be in the fight if his life.

Yep. He's a bad matchup for Conor and I think Frankie's style would gas Conor out, especially if he's cutting to 145. Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see it.

I tend to forget that McGregor's wrestling defense and explosiveness is equivalent or above Aldo's...

Nah i think Conors reach is too much and his TDD isnt half bad these days. Mark Henry got a couple other fighters that would smoke McGregor tho

Back