Eddie Murphy's Nephew won his pro boxing debut

I was a big Eddie Murphy fan as a kid going back to his days on Saturday Night Live (when it was still funny), heck 30 years ago now, I guess. Anyway, I remember he dropped out of HS at like 16 and was both boxing and doing comedy. Was supposed to have fast hands and be a pretty damn good boxer, but did less of that as his comedy career took off.

I was a big Eddie Murphy fan as a kid going back to his days on Saturday Night Live (when it was still funny), heck 30 years ago now, I guess. Anyway, I remember he dropped out of HS at like 16 and was both boxing and doing comedy. Was supposed to have fast hands and be a pretty damn good boxer, but did less of that as his comedy career took off.

That's funny, especially considering his bit about fighting in Raw is self deprecating.

A bit wild but he looks like he's got a respectable punch going for him.

Of course hes doing well
Hes the nephew of kelly robinson...57 and 0 baby

I bet his nephew wants to party all the time, party all the time, party all the time.

im prettty sure last time i checked boxing had weight classes

Tough to tell how good he is because of the competition, but he looks pretty damn good the way he was slipping and countering. Definitely has good boxing sense for a guy in his 1st pro fight.

I'm the biggest eddie fan in the world. I actually wanted to be a comedian because of him until music took me away. Eddie's stepfather was a professional boxer and doubled for Eddie in 48 Hours where his character and Nick Nolte fought. He had good form. Eddie's brother was also a pro. He has said he was into martial arts too. I remember the Raw story, why he said he couldn't fight or bitched out, I don't know, maybe it's true, maybe it's not. I do know he wasn't above getting physical, he actually choked John Landau when Landau's wife criticized black people for being late. I'm betting his stepdad taught him some stuff.

also, eddie is a huge boxing fan, he's said even a couple bums fighting on espn gets him excited. He used to have a funny routine about Larry Holmes and Mike Tyson in his act too. He also did an Ali impersonation on SNL which, with time, was very disrespectful. It was in about 81 and he was making fun of the fact that Ali had brain damage. Eddie's humor was irreverent, Richard Pryor once said he didn't like his humour because it was "mean". For what it's worth, Eddie came on the arsenio hall show last year with an Ali t-shirt and called him his biggest hero ever.

Back