Guida
Diaz
Melendez
Thomson
Masvidal
Freire

Tied for most title defenses in lw

Like half of those were bad decisions though

I don't think you realize how stupid that was. What we know objectively is that Eddie was finished by Chandler, and Chandler was beaten twice (finished once) by Will Brooks, who was a total flop in the UFC.

The idea that Chandler might match up well with Khabib is totally hypothetical. Chandler was outgrappled by Brooks, which makes me question how he'd do vs. Khabib, Lee or Ferguson. But we don't know. All we can go by are fights that actually happened.

For the record, I think Chandler's biggest challenge in the UFC might be the opponent known as USADA.

Maybe. I dont know. Chandler does look pretty huge for the weight class. Chandler vs lee would be interesting.

coulda been fucking shoulda been man if not for that shit he pulled vs Conor. seriously wtf was that

this morning being bored , I decided to wiki Eddie and man oh man he has maybe fought the stifffesf competition in mma ever !! Literally ever . Proably behind Jones. Belt in ever organization he’s fought in !!! Yes Conor crushed his fucking skull . But let’s be honest if u constantly fight the top 5 of the top 5 u are bound to run into a bad matchup. Cept Jon I think he is unbeatable . No other lightweight has been thru the gauntlet like him

He did not win a belt in every organization. This is a complete lie, created by Dana. Please stop repeating everything Dana tells you to say.

Hendo and Nog especially stand among the GOATS. I put Nog above GSP and some would dare put him above Anderson for being in a much tougher weight class. You actually helped TS case for Alvarez as LW GOAT by listing the names. The only guys on par or above Eddie are Penn and Gomi. I'm not putting Bendo or Pettis in his league, and certainly not chronically injured non top 5 fighting Khabib.
Benson and Pettis have fought just as many elite fighters as Eddie has... Maybe more.

Benson and Pettis have fought just as many elite fighters as Eddie has... Maybe more.
Not at all. Pettis doesn't have the same number of quality wins. You could make a case for Bendo, but he fought a lot of boring decisions, and more than a few of his wins were controversial. Eddie's Bellator career was something really special. His UFC run just puts him over the top, head and shoulders above Pettis and Bendo who have long since become irrelevant.

And look what Conor did to him going up in weight.

Fuck, Conor is awesome.

He did not go up in weight. He just didn’t have to kill himself to fight at FW. You guys make it sound like he defied the odds to go to LW. He cuts what 30-35 pounds to make 145?

Conor fighting at WW would be going up in weight. He is just as big if not bigger than a lot of LW’s.

Eddie's Bellator career was something really special..

At best he had one elite win in Bellator, a controversial split decision over Chandler. Aoki, who had already been dominated by Gil Melendez, is simply not an elite cage fighter. Huerta, Neer, etc. weren't high-level wins, either.

This simply pales in comparison with wins over prime Gomi, Hughes, Sherk, Florian and Sanchez. Eddie is a tough, well-rounded fighter with a penchant for brawling. He exploits clear weaknesses (holding Pettis against the cage, forcing Aoki to stand), but isn't elite in any area. Those who think he's an elite striker need to rewatch the Cerrone and Connor fights. Those saying he's an elite wrestler should ask why he couldn't take Conor down the way a much smaller Mendes easily did.

Last edited:
He's one of the best. Don't think he's the greatest

Back